Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Radio skipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-18, 01:30 PM
Ward
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio skipping

My radio just recently began skipping. It is AM and FM radio and it is happening on all stations. It sounds similar to that of a scratched CD and happens about every 5 seconds. I tried looking to see if there is a reset button to the radio, but no such luck. Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks, Ward
Old 07-03-18, 09:35 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward
My radio just recently began skipping. It is AM and FM radio and it is happening on all stations. It sounds similar to that of a scratched CD and happens about every 5 seconds. I tried looking to see if there is a reset button to the radio, but no such luck. Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks, Ward
I noticed this a few weeks ago too while listening to FM. It hasn't happened again. At first I had to check to see if I was listening to an old scratched CD. I definitely was listening to radio and it happened a few times over the course of a week. I was picking up the HD FM signal so I can only surmise that the station's digital playlists were hiccuping and transmitting the digital skips. Maybe their hard drives are failing at the station or some background process was hogging up all of the resources.
Old 04-17-19, 06:16 AM
jewell215
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My radio has also started skipping. I just had it replaced 2 months ago due to another issue and now this At first it was only one channel on occasion and now it's happening on 3 of my 5 presets and it's much more often. If your issue was ever resolved, can you please share?

I take it in to the dealership next week. I'm glad that you shared this concern in the forum, because when I called about it, the service team said that they hadn't heard of that issue. Please wish me luck. I have less than 5K miles until the end of my warranty...

Have a great day!