Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spy shots - LC-F

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-18, 02:21 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense

I mentioned those cars because they are the performance oriented cars of those brands. The F is supposed to be the performance portion of Lexus but has been disappointing since they got rid of the ISF. If people want a luxury regular Lexus get the non f what’s the point of the F exactly? GSF and RCF doesn’t handle great, I hope this does, they are both heavy as hell this will be too. Mercedes keeps the luxury element high but their engines are far more violent, raw,and fast as hell with AMG. The C63 will blow away every F car and costs about the same.
look you get the performance bargain of a car with xxx amount of hp/$ and then you get a refined and over engineered car with less hp/$ but in the end which one would you drive. Im talking about a zr1/ porshe gt2rs thats gracing the covers of current c&d. The price separates them by 205K. In the end which one would you go for? please don't compare yankee 1 trick pony rides to a refined and over engineered Lexus. There will always be performance bargains and then there will be masterpieces that you will lust over and complain about because they are unobtainable.
Old 08-06-18, 02:54 PM
TrackLight
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Hoovey,

That was a great find, thank you! My two cents for what it is worth - I would love to see the LC-F retain the V8 and mix in a set of turbos. I love the F-series V8's, I would love to see them remain relevant going forward, and it would be great to see Lexus and Toyota doing more with these in motorsport and in road cars in the coming years.

Without an update, more volume, and a broader future in the lineup I could see the 2UR fading into the history books and that would be a sad note, for many of us, as fans of the brand. Without future development, even committed tuners like RR, Figs, and Novel are going to have a hard time putting more effort into 2UR development, and parts, which are already not exactly easy to source for a rebuild, would become even more scarce. That kills my interest in picking up a new GS-F or building up an IS-F or RC-F for the track.

Now to play the devil's advocate, I would love to try an LC with the twin turbo six. I may or may not have had a brief chance to open up a new LS with the V6 on a run back to Chiba last month - and it may or may not have been a gem when tuned to deliver an effortless, quiet wave of torque and speed in the LS. That may be great for an LS but for a F-version of a two door, and for six figures I would not be interested in a twin turbo 6. Now, if they put the 6 into a new IS-F to compete with the Giula QF, and could match the sound and feel of the F154 engine... that would be an F-brand Lexus that I would pick up.
Old 08-06-18, 04:02 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Which makes me think - LFA-esque V10 in the LC F would be pretty amazing. But I don't think it would make any sense. Fuel economy and power probably wouldn't match expectations for the class.
It would be awesome to see an updated version of the V10... But as signs point to this car getting a twin-turbo V8. For the record, I think that'll be pretty wicked...