Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Mazda3

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-18, 11:31 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Watching Red Line Reviews. They let him inside tool look around. Really high quality interior. There is a floor mounted gas pedal. Only think I do not like is that Mazda copies every single German luxury car, not much originally.
Old 12-01-18, 11:39 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

An IRS will always be superior to a beam axle. The new Corollas are going IRS while the Mazda 3 and VW Jetta are reverting back to torsion beam.
it is something easy to notice if you go over bumps while turning especially... IRS will go much smoother than torsion beam that starts jumping around.
Old 12-01-18, 02:47 PM
JimInTN
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Had an '05 MZ3 HB, prefer that style over the new one. Looks like it got squished by something.
Old 12-01-18, 02:51 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
it is something easy to notice if you go over bumps while turning especially... IRS will go much smoother than torsion beam that starts jumping around.
Average people (like myself) do not really care. That is my opinion. But it is interesting Toyota and Mazda flipped what is out back.
Old 12-01-18, 05:51 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

A+ on the interior.
A on the rear end styling (both hatch and sedan)
B+ on the sedan's overall styling
B on the front-end styling
C+ on the hatchback's overall styling (side rear is bulbous and bloated taking points away)

Happy with the AWD offering. A car I'd seriously consider in this class.
Old 12-01-18, 05:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
A+ on the interior.
A on the rear end styling (both hatch and sedan)
B+ on the sedan's overall styling
B on the front-end styling
C+ on the hatchback's overall styling (side rear is bulbous and bloated taking points away)

Happy with the AWD offering. A car I'd seriously consider in this class.

I'll bet you wouldn't give up your Stinger for one LOL.
Old 12-01-18, 06:02 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

I actually find the 5 door hatch Mazda 3 quite attractive. I think it’s quite unusual looking which can equal beauty as well.
Old 02-16-19, 01:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

So it's interesting that not one person has posted any of the first drive and reviews about the new Mazda 3 and last post about the 3 was in early December. I guess there are a lot of enthusiasts on this forum ��

Anyways, the new Mazda is out at dealers now. We saw it today. There were 3 on the lot. It is not my cup of tea that is for sure. However, it is a nice vehicle. The materials are nice. I do not care for the look outside, it's too conservative for in my mind. The interior feels small and tight inside, I guess that is the point. The all black inside was depressing, but I am sure it will work for some. Sticker was $30K large for awd with pdi and freight. Zoom zoom
Old 02-16-19, 03:30 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it's interesting that not one person has posted any of the first drive and reviews about the new Mazda 3 and last post about the 3 was in early December. I guess there are a lot of enthusiasts on this forum ��

Anyways, the new Mazda is out at dealers now. We saw it today. There were 3 on the lot. It is not my cup of tea that is for sure. However, it is a nice vehicle. The materials are nice. I do not care for the look outside, it's too conservative for in my mind. The interior feels small and tight inside, I guess that is the point. The all black inside was depressing, but I am sure it will work for some. Sticker was $30K large for awd with pdi and freight. Zoom zoom
The new 3 is great. Mazda is going for a minimalist, upscale interior look. I personally love that direction. My Mazda 6 is similar that way with strong horizontal lines, clean leather dash board, etc.

Not worth it at the top end at $30K though. I got my Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve for just over that with a turbo. Significantly more car for the same price makes little sense for the 3.
Old 02-16-19, 03:36 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

​​​​​
Old 02-17-19, 04:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Average people (like myself) do not really care. That is my opinion. But it is interesting Toyota and Mazda flipped what is out back.
you made a big deal about plastic spacer on a windows switch, but you dont care if suspension is taken from econoboxes. ok
Old 02-17-19, 04:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

you made a big deal about plastic spacer on a windows switch, but you dont care if suspension is taken from econoboxes. ok
Sure I would. The Mazda 3 went torsion beam while the new Corolla is going IRS. Everyone is going yap yap yap that they are driving enthusiast. What else you want me to say?
Old 02-17-19, 04:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Sure I would. The Mazda 3 went torsion beam while the new Corolla is going IRS. What else you want me to say?
do you notice your post that I quoted where you said that average person like you doesnt care?
Old 02-17-19, 04:41 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

do you notice your post that I quoted where you said that average person like you doesnt care?
Which is right. I personally do not care for a car that is under $25K. It’s cost cutting by Toyota to offer a beam and it’s cost cutting for Mazda to go to the beam. When I say sure I would, it’s when Mazda goes from IRS to a beam. But would I not buy one because it was beam? It would not matter. It is never a good thing when things are taken away.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-17-19 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-17-19, 05:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

A beam does have advantages...while it is indeed simpler and less-expensive to produce and assemble, it is not simply just a matter of cost-cutting. Rear-end work and repairs are usually simpler, and you don't need extra-cost 4-wheel alignments because, under normal circumstances, the camber and toe, on the two rear wheels, are rigidly held in place by the axle itself. The downside, of course, is less stability in the rear suspension while hitting bumps or going around bumpy corners.

Quick Reply: 2019 Mazda3