Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Mazda3

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-19, 05:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Only think I do not like is that Mazda copies every single German luxury car, not much originally.
Mazda did not get the nickname "Poor Man's BMW" for nothing. At one time, more so in the past than recently, it was the only mainstream Japanese-brand that offered a (more or less) comparable driving experience at less cost.
Old 02-17-19, 09:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Not worth it at the top end at $30K though.
Maybe lexctjill was quoting canadian and cdn$ price.
Old 02-18-19, 07:16 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watching Red Line Reviews. They let him inside tool look around. Really high quality interior. There is a floor mounted gas pedal. Only think I do not like is that Mazda copies every single German luxury car, not much originally.
What did you mean by this? Are you referring to the fact Mazda uses a commander **** for infotainment like BMW and Audi? Other than that I'm not seeing any relation. Mazda is my favorite brand and I don't care for German cars. How could that be if Mazda likens themselves to the Germans?
Old 02-18-19, 07:20 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

Maybe lexctjill was quoting canadian and cdn$ price.
That's gotta be it. There's no way it gets to $30K when a Mazda 6 GT Reserve with a turbo is just over that.
Old 02-18-19, 07:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

What did you mean by this? Are you referring to the fact Mazda uses a commander **** for infotainment like BMW and Audi? Other than that I'm not seeing any relation. Mazda is my favorite brand and I don't care for German cars. How could that be if Mazda likens themselves to the Germans?
Maybe I was a bit too forceful in my comparison to the German brands. I just thought Mazda was always mimicking with their tablet style display, constant interior theme and a more tighter fitting interior. The tablet style in the 3 is very similar to the ES and RX. Mazda makes nice cars, but they are just not my cup of tea. It is nice to see someone who is passionate about Mazda.
Old 02-18-19, 07:55 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

That's gotta be it. There's no way it gets to $30K when a Mazda 6 GT Reserve with a turbo is just over that.
The current Mazda 3 can be configured to to $28K in the US. So with the new one coming in with AWD. $30K is not out of the question (I think)

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/23/...cing-official/ Here is the pricing.
Old 02-18-19, 08:56 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Maybe I was a bit too forceful in my comparison to the German brands. I just thought Mazda was always mimicking with their tablet style display, constant interior theme and a more tighter fitting interior. The tablet style in the 3 is very similar to the ES and RX. Mazda makes nice cars, but they are just not my cup of tea. It is nice to see someone who is passionate about Mazda.
Well, tablet style screens are now the majority and I'm actually one who thinks they look and function much better than in dash displays (better line of sight, less glare, more modern, keeps dash less bulky).

Mazda's renaissance began in 2016 with the new CX-9 where their whole way of doing things changed. Before that, Mazda's were the noisiest in class, with cheaper materials and such. Suddenly, they were as quiet or better than anything in class with easily the best in class materials now being compared to luxury brands at mainstream pricing. They are also most commonly regarded as best looking in class by the press. Not to mention the famous superior driving dynamics. I used to be a Toyota guy but they can no longer compare.