Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Contacts at Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-18, 12:01 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Contacts at Lexus

Does anyone here have any contacts at Lexus who can actually make something happen? I've been put through the wringer at Lexus starting with the dealership, then corporate (case was escalated to the executive office) and the executive office basically told me their hands are tied and there is nothing that can be done. I know there is someone out there who can actually make a decision in a case like this (I don't want to mention the case at this point, as it could turn into a legal issue), so I'm just wondering if anyone in the Club Lexus community has contact information for someone at Lexus corporate who can actually make a decision.
Old 12-07-18, 02:06 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

I would be interested too. From what i've been told by corporate, Lexus corporate can only handle manufacturing issues, anything that has to do with sales/dealer related stuff is on the GM at the dealership cause thats how the dealership system works. This confused me cause this dealership proudly boasts their elite dealership status and i raged to corporate that this elite status is BS cause it had to be given to them by corporate so they should be able to do something to fix my issue. They just documented my complaint so maybe i'll follow up later.
Old 12-10-18, 11:00 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
I would be interested too. From what i've been told by corporate, Lexus corporate can only handle manufacturing issues, anything that has to do with sales/dealer related stuff is on the GM at the dealership cause thats how the dealership system works. This confused me cause this dealership proudly boasts their elite dealership status and i raged to corporate that this elite status is BS cause it had to be given to them by corporate so they should be able to do something to fix my issue. They just documented my complaint so maybe i'll follow up later.
I was very disappointed with how corporate responded to my issue. Long gone are the days where Lexus actually cared about their reputation.
Old 12-10-18, 11:59 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I can say that it would seem BMW customer service is horrible, yet they always cave in (first they try the you pay parts, we cover labor, then they cover all--and they provide free loaners for months if not upwards of a year).

I have never gotten to that point with Lexus, but found them to be super friendly and helpful? Can I have my build sheet? Sure what's your email? BMW won't give you the service history of your own car purchased new (officially--someone in the dealer will accidentally forget they left it on their desk while you accidentally grab it and leave). General Motors is even worse than BMW.

So I find it disheartening that Lexus doesn't necessarily take care of things. Like I said, BMW caves in, but they make sure they kind of give the customer a ********* before doing so. GM doesn't even respond lol
Old 12-11-18, 04:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

It’s bound to happen to any company that gets too big. When Lexus first started they did that amazing proactive recall on LS400’s because it’s far easier to control something small and give each case the personalization it deserves. There are just too many vehicles (from the big luxury guys today). Reputation might have taken a hit, but their year in and year out VDS score still leads the luxury segement. If Lincoln, Cadillac, or Genesis gets too big same problem, less and less will be able to go to your home and cater to the individual.
Old 12-11-18, 05:17 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Hopefully it gets taken care of, COOLIS. I’m fortunate in that I don’t know how Lexus would deal with a significant issue as I’m yet to experience one with my Lexus ownership.
Old 12-11-18, 05:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

^^^ Same here and all handled by my fantastic dealer without fuss.

OP, I imagine you escalated to the GM of the dealer backing up your case with indisputable evidence? If no luck, consider another dealer and/or mention you will post your issue on social media.