Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Courtesy on the Road...what WE, as Drivers, can do.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-19 | 07:16 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Today I got smoked on the way back from the gym, by a Fiesta Titanium! the driver was female and all about 19 y.o. Since we were the only two around I thought it funny for her to violently cut me off. This lends to my LS430 "grandpa" conundrum, it's slow driver by association lol

I didn't even have my dash cam today and it bothered me 0. It just made me think I really don't want my son to drive when he's a teen, got 11 years to think about this one...
Old 02-03-19 | 07:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Today I got smoked on the way back from the gym, by a Fiesta Titanium! the driver was female and all about 19 y.o. Since we were the only two around I thought it funny for her to violently cut me off. This lends to my LS430 "grandpa" conundrum, it's slow driver by association lol

I didn't even have my dash cam today and it bothered me 0. It just made me think I really don't want my son to drive when he's a teen, got 11 years to think about this one...
Have to say. You have the best posts. True story.
Old 02-03-19 | 07:25 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Relevant video about the jackwagons who buy used cop cars so they can project an aura of authority

I personally wouldn't be caught dead driving a former cop car because I don't want people slowing down in front of me.
A couple of these, in addition to ones that are about 3.5" tall and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MOTOROL...-/322384548512

https://www.ebay.com/p/BROWNING-BR2445-3-1-4-Tall-450MHZ-465MHz-Pretuned-Low-Profile-NMO-Antenna/1822908641?iid=401221869120&chn=ps

Now those are real products so instead of getting them just get the dummy ones and stick them on. Completes the experience...

Just thought of this, I have a bunch of ToughBooks that are useless/obsolete (they may have been 5k when new--the current ones are actually tablets, attached to a chassis/keyboard, these are laptops), get a mount and put these in too! hahaha you can do this right.
Old 02-03-19 | 11:11 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I personally wouldn't be caught dead driving a former cop car because I don't want people slowing down in front of me.
lol that's why I tended to drive mine like a d ick, and made a point to almost never be doing the speed limit in the right lane since that sometimes actually would cause people to slow down

I'll say this though... it was a great car when I was running a bit late for work, since you could charge up behind someone in the left lane and lemme tell you they would MOVE OVER...

i'm impressed with myself for having the restraint to not shine the spotlight on more cars in front of me lol... I was too afraid a cop would see and charge me with impersonation
Old 02-04-19 | 10:05 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
IMO, people should be following traffic laws WITHOUT the presence of either fake OR real cop cars. That's part of what's wrong on the roads....too many scofflaws who think laws don't apply to them.
Agreed, especially the 4-way stop sign "races" where drivers do not come to a complete stop as you are waiting to go.

Often while driving down CA "freeways" I will see dangerously underinflated tires & go out of my way to alert the driver. Blessing & curse from working at 5 different tire stores.