Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Report: Peugeot Returning to the US

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 08:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
The mini is a sales failure any way you put it.
It's one of the most popular small cars on the road here in the D.C. area, and on the West Coast. There, even the top-of-the-line AWD Countryman sells....which is actually a small crossover SUV. I agree, though, it's not popular in the Midwest.

Anyhow, back to Peugeot. I hope they do try another stab at the U.S. market. I never liked the fact they they left more then 30 years ago.
Old 03-03-19, 05:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I haven't test-driven a Peugeot in decades, since they left the U.S. But, if they do come back, I hope they do seats, suspension, and tires like they did 30-40 years ago. Larger Peugeots were the very definition of seat and ride-comfort in the classic French tradition.....
they dont... gone are the days of mushy Peugeots.

Modern Peugeots end up feeling like less than sum of its parts. On the paper design is great, engines are good, platforms are all new and suspensions are advanced... interiors not only look best in class, materials feel like they are from luxury vehicles.

Then you sit and drive them, engines are noisy, ride is bumpy, seats are hard and narrow, you have to look through small steering wheel to see the instruments and they all feel like they fall apart after 3 years, as does their resale value.

A bit harsh maybe, but overall pretty true.
Old 03-05-19, 09:55 PM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Spwolf nailed it.