Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Volvo will limit top speed to 112 mph on all models

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-19 | 05:56 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Whoever uses a personal car for racing, though, has to be willing to give up the factory warranty....that is clearly outlined in the Owners' Manual. Too many people want their cake and eat it, too.....drag-race or autocross and then expect the factory to cover repairs caused by that kind of abuse. Doesn't work that way, though.
I wouldn't want to push my own vehicle the way the factory instructors tell you to push theirs.

The Porsche instructor who had the personality of a I dunno what gave me obvious instructions but I wasn't doing it at first so it's all good: "Always on the gas, or on the brakes. You are never coasting. If you coast, you are losing time." Again if wealthy, then, sure, the car is like a set of skis or skates meaning do a full send and if it breaks it breaks and you fix it. But for most of us, even when we have a nice car, we can't afford to replace it or replace expensive components (and now we get into the why would you buy the car in the first place then)....I'm not gonna push my PSSs to their full potential, I cannot afford to replace them every 50 miles like on the BMW event cars (they are sponsored).
Old 03-18-19 | 09:20 PM
ronmaiden
Rookie

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Which of the vehicles in Volvo's lineup do you want to race in....I`ll wait.
Volvo Polestar series cars are quite fun.
Old 03-18-19 | 09:23 PM
ronmaiden
Rookie

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Whoever uses a personal car for racing, though, has to be willing to give up the factory warranty....that is clearly outlined in the Owners' Manual. Too many people want their cake and eat it, too.....drag-race or autocross and then expect the factory to cover repairs caused by that kind of abuse. Doesn't work that way, though.
Uh,I do.
Wasn't concerned about warranties and I drag raced a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX for about 8 seasons and Autoxed a Integra Type R and I was fully aware of the consequences of breaking things but I know a lot of people that race their personal cars. I guess you don't get to the tracks very often.