Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Cadillac CT5 (pricing update post #56)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-19, 06:10 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet Mazda 6 front bumper...wonder if they are still going to use a gage cluster designed in 1995.

Who buys Cadillacs.....especially new lol

I’m sorry but I’ve driven quite a few GM vehicles and for the most part they were all awful except for a new Traverse and it was just OK.

Its not just American crappiness either, I have been truly impressed with several recent Ford products....so we must have competent automotive people somewhere in this country.

I predict this car is trash and will not sell. GM needs to stick to pickups and Escalades, they have no clue how to make anything else competitive.
Old 03-18-19, 06:21 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
Sweet Mazda 6 front bumper...wonder if they are still going to use a gage cluster designed in 1995.

Who buys Cadillacs.....especially new lol

I’m sorry but I’ve driven quite a few GM vehicles and for the most part they were all awful except for a new Traverse and it was just OK.

Its not just American crappiness either, I have been truly impressed with several recent Ford products....so we must have competent automotive people somewhere in this country.

I predict this car is trash and will not sell. GM needs to stick to pickups and Escalades, they have no clue how to make anything else competitive.
It truly is hard to believe than any current Lexus is better than the Cadillac V models or the Cadillac Escalada. I also think the XT4 owns the NX in every possible way. I am all ears if you think differently?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 03-18-19 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-18-19, 06:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Looks promising!
Old 03-18-19, 06:27 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any RWD based or body on frame Lexus fit/finish, interior/exterior design, and durability are far beyond anything from GM.

Maybe some higher end GM cars have better infotainment and phone integration.

There are stupid, easy to fix things that could greatly improve the experience. Why do the gages always have to look so outdated? Why are they using the same door chime as my childhood caprice wagon??? Why are the interior plastics terrible? Why are the windshield wiper controls on the turn signal stalk?? So much unmitigated stupid.
Old 03-18-19, 06:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Any RWD based or body on frame Lexus fit/finish, interior/exterior design, and durability are far beyond anything from GM.

Maybe some higher end GM cars have better infotainment and phone integration.

There are stupid, easy to fix things that could greatly improve the experience. Why do the gages always have to look so outdated? Why are they using the same door chime as my childhood caprice wagon??? Why are the interior plastics terrible? Why are the windshield wiper controls on the turn signal stalk?? So much unmitigated stupid.

I disagree. The Cadillac power trains are spectacular. Infotainment screen is better. Heck, Cadillac has Apple car play and even Android auto across the range.
Old 03-18-19, 11:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

so much whining and condescension because cadillac...

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Better be priced from mid-30s for the 4cyl.
Because YOU don’t want one therefore it should be cheap.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I really dislike the grill not extending to the hood
You mean like the lexus es350?

wonder if they are still going to use a gage cluster designed in 1995.

Just a silly comment.

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I disagree. The Cadillac power trains are spectacular. Infotainment screen is better. Heck, Cadillac has Apple car play and even Android auto across the range.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-19-19 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-18-19, 11:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
You mean like the lexus es350?

You can add all the you want. Can’t embarrass me. I’ve said I despise that on the ES AND LS
Old 03-18-19, 11:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Rehashing pieces from the horrible and failed Saturn ION is really a bad idea for Cadillac. But then again, Cadillac does horrible ideas very well. Wouldn't be surprised if that rear side window has the same part number.

Old 03-19-19, 05:37 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Virtually all the Cadillacs look good to me on the road. Nowadays, there is extensive LED treatment on big rigs--some with 300+ LEDs. I think Cadillac was the first with this which would imply they know style.

I don't know much about their powertrains, and in my mind again I thought that Ford was out ahead. Lincolns look good too.

Does anybody really think Lexus makes good looking cars today lol
Old 03-19-19, 05:51 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i have no idea how you linked the Saturn and the new Cadillac together. I guess both cars have 4 wheels and 4 doors
Old 03-19-19, 05:52 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnhav430

I don't know much about their powertrains, and in my mind again I thought that Ford was out ahead. Lincolns look good tool
Cadillac has some impressive stuff. This is why I think their might be some envy in some of the responses on here, it’s just hate for the sake of hating. 272hp for the 2.0, the 3.6 is at 335hp. And Cadillac has a 3.0 clearing 400hp. Then you have the V cars, I think 550hp in the CTS and the new Blackwing I think is over 600hp. I forgot, Escalade is over 400hp.

Sometimes you have to give the credit for some brands. It’s funny how all these anti-Lexus threads come and pop up about no LSV8 and then Cadillac is apparently doing the right thing with a new V8 that is modern, and you just hear hate. The new Blackwing engine is handcrafted in the same way AMG does it. What does Lexus do with thier ancient 5.0?
Old 03-19-19, 06:36 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Cadillac has some impressive stuff. This is why I think their might be some envy in some of the responses on here, it’s just hate for the sake of hating. 272hp for the 2.0, the 3.6 is at 335hp. And Cadillac has a 3.0 clearing 400hp. Then you have the V cars, I think 550hp in the CTS and the new Blackwing I think is over 600hp. I forgot, Escalade is over 400hp.

Sometimes you have to give the credit for some brands. It’s funny how all these anti-Lexus threads come and pop up about no LSV8 and then Cadillac is apparently doing the right thing with a new V8 that is modern, and you just hear hate. The new Blackwing engine is handcrafted in the same way AMG does it. What does Lexus do with thier ancient 5.0?

some car cos do things well across the board. Cadillac? Looks and style. Hyundai? Looks and style. Doesn't make them perfect, I have always considered Hyundai's achilles heel to be engines. No matter what they are doing, their engines consume more fuel than others. But with tons of them going high 200k's miles and beyond, people say so what I saved on the purchase price....Has anybody called the new Accord a stunning beauty? That would be odd. Or the new Camry? But all Cadillacs look good. This must mean they put a priority on styling the vehicles.

p.s. While it's true that there are some huge numbers being put out by 4 and 6 cyl cars, that's software and turbocharging. A 2007 BMW 3 liter (actually 2979 cc) could do 380 HP with mapping, but that's not always how one wants to achieve the numbers.
Old 03-19-19, 06:42 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

how is the lexus 5.0 ancient, people still like it because its N/A and the way it sounds. It has the highest power for any other N/A 5.0 out there. These turbo engines are only good for numbers but have dubious mpg efficiency and reliability compared to an NA
Old 03-19-19, 07:04 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
how is the lexus 5.0 ancient, people still like it because its N/A and the way it sounds. It has the highest power for any other N/A 5.0 out there. These turbo engines are only good for numbers but have dubious mpg efficiency and reliability compared to an NA
Or the other explanation is that Lexus is just being super cheap and are behind in their engines. The NA thing is cute, but the whole industry is selling turbos.
Old 03-19-19, 07:07 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

I wonder what Cadillac can do to bring "conquest" customers in. Almost everyone going after the big three german brands, really have made spectacular vehicles but really have not brought in the traffic, even if the the big three brands make a terrible car. (F10 5 series)

Quick Reply: 2020 Cadillac CT5 (pricing update post #56)