Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Has Sold Over 10 Million Cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-19, 05:55 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Lexus Has Sold Over 10 Million Cars

Lexus Has Sold Over 10 Million Cars
By Matt Overstreet

We go back a revisit the cars that started it all, and the technology innovations that put Lexus on the map.

Old 04-09-19, 07:15 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenkril
It's clear. The cars are really reliable.
Yes, reliable, agreed. But I wish they still had the materials, driving refinement, and interiors they had before about the last 10-15 years. All three, IMO, have dropped noticeably.......though not necessarily all three at once, or necessarily in the same vehicle-line-ups. But, overall, I can think of few Lexus products I'd rather own today compared to the ones of a few decades ago.
Old 04-09-19, 07:28 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, reliable, agreed. But I wish they still had the materials, driving refinement, and interiors they had before about the last 10-15 years. All three, IMO, have dropped noticeably.......though not necessarily all three at once, or necessarily in the same vehicle-line-ups. But, overall, I can think of few Lexus products I'd rather own today compared to the ones of a few decades ago.
It will be interesting to read what current owners say about the brand. Those who have owned previous Lexus models and those who have owned or own newer Lexus models.
Old 04-09-19, 11:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
It will be interesting to read what current owners say about the brand.
Well, actually, a lot of talk here in Car Chat (and, of course, in the CL Lexus-specific forums) revolves around exactly that.
Old 04-10-19, 01:11 PM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Both Toyota and Lexus want buyers to remember them for their reliability. It is part of the overall ownership experience. It is why I still monitor and track Lexus progress for the next major car decision in immediate family or for my parents. I wish more manufacturers would follow their lead.

Being successful in the auto biz is hard work with so many pieces coming together. The upcoming decade will force everyone to redefine their identity technologically and environmentally. This requires architectural changes and bold innovations. What is Lexus eV strategy to counter the eTrons and Tesla's of the world? Can Lexus step up to the plate or will they be 4-5 years behind the curve? You will know if they finally 'get' it when the multimedia & infotainment experience has been done right.