Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chrysler, Samsung Google partnership

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-19, 06:52 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Chrysler, Samsung Google partnership

If Chrysler just built better quality products this partnership would cause me to jump ship to them. They get it and know that the infotainment system is part of a big key to evaluating a vehicle that will only grow. Anything but Enform/Entune! https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ng/3652019002/ Here is some of it.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is launching a new global architecture for its connected vehicle services.

The company plans to partner with Samsung's Harman and Google's Android platformin a system launching in the second half of this year. By 2022, all new FCA vehicles worldwide will be connected through what the company is calling its global connected vehicle ecosystem, according to a news release.

Currently, about 40% of FCA's fleet in the United States and Canada is connected, said Ariel Gavilan, a company spokesman.

Financial terms of the arrangement were not disclosed.

"In collaboration with Harman-Samsung and Google, we have developed a flexible, easy-to-use and connected 'ecosystem' that not only deploys today's technology, but is also ready to integrate upcoming innovations," Harald Wester, FCA's chief technical officer, said in the release.

FCA's vehicles will continue to use the Uconnect infotainment system. The companies indicated that the partnership would expand and improve the services offered, everything from over-the-air software updates to predicting maintenance needs to interacting with smart cities infrastructure to integration with wireless devices.

"The modern, in-vehicle experience must be designed for seamless connectivity and digital content, and provide an integrated, but familiar experience for the on-the-go consumer," Patrick Brady, Google's vice president of engineering, said in the release
Old 05-03-19, 10:03 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,544 Likes on 1,816 Posts

What does this have to do with the RX??
Old 05-03-19, 03:30 PM
golferjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikemu30
What does this have to do with the RX??
Enform the make believe infotainment system that Lexus puts out and that I guess you don't use.
Old 05-03-19, 03:58 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I try my hardest to stay away from Android and anything Google. I don’t like the data tracking.
Old 05-03-19, 05:14 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by golferjack
Enform the make believe infotainment system that Lexus puts out and that I guess you don't use.
You guessed wrong as I use it on both of our Lexus vehicles. Make believe? Ha perhaps you're spending too much timen in Disneyworld.
Old 05-04-19, 05:27 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You guessed wrong as I use it on both of our Lexus vehicles. Make believe? Ha perhaps you're spending too much timen in Disneyworld.
Really! I would love to see your Google maps and music setup. Guess all those threads on this site and other Toyota sites have it all wrong about how their phone is not integrated into the infotainment system.
Old 05-04-19, 05:53 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by golferjack
Really! I would love to see your Google maps and music setup. Guess all those threads on this site and other Toyota sites have it all wrong about how their phone is not integrated into the infotainment system.
Dont worry about my setup which seems to work for me flawlessly. Just get to your nearest Chrysler dealer to snag one of those Town and Crummy minivans with the superior infotainment system!