Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

More Millennials Want Sedans but Older Generations Can’t Stop Buying SUVs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-19, 10:12 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
that just isn't true. check out an RX sometime - tons of rear seat room. the GLC is a compact crossover. and your Q7 of course is yuuuge.
We traded an RX on the Q7 We actually did look at the '19 RX when we were shopping, but didn't like it any more than we expected to. Rear legroom was about the same as the '07 we traded in, which is to say, adequate but not stellar. We really wanted something that would allow us to comfortably take long trips with six footers in both rows. I was actually campaigning for a G90 but my wife (it's her car) refused to even look at one.

Re: the GLC, I was only responding to Jill's assertion that the E class is unnecessary because of the GLC. I did not actually cross-shop any compact CUVs, as I already knew they were too small for our needs.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Q7 doesn't have a trunk but it has a large cargo area. it's longer because unlike the E-class, it's 3 row! that space has to come from somewhere. and the weight too, including third row seating, more climate control, more structural stuff, cargo area... hardly surprising at all.

and i was very recently in a brand new e-class (in Paris!). the rear seat was hardly what i would call roomy. i was also in an s-class... much nicer.
No arguments here. And to be fair, I haven't been in the current-gen E class, will have one as a rental in a few months. I had a previous-gen one as a rental maybe 4-5 years ago, and we all found the backseat quite comfortable and spacious. But not compared to an S-Class