Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 RX and RXL revealed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-19, 07:27 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Wireless charging is available on 2019 Canadian RXs, according to the Lexus Canada website.
  • RX 350 and RX 450h: Available only on top-priced F SPORT Series 3 and Executive packages
  • RX 350L: Available only on top-priced Executive Package
  • RX 450hL: Standard
Old 06-12-19, 08:07 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
In the last 5 yrs or so, we got some mediocre or at best average and some overpriced products and products that doesnt meet market demands.

LC - Dud
If you were curious why nobody took your post seriously, here is the snapshot of why.
Old 06-12-19, 09:24 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Are you sure US Spec RXs dont have wireless charging?
Yes, it is not available in the U.S. market, only outside. Only NX offered it, discontinued. Now ES, LX, and LS currently. I've no doubt it will expand in the coming years to the rest of the Lexus stable.

My question remains if the 2020 revision brings it to U.S. spec RX. we will soon find out
Old 06-12-19, 09:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

I read that the nx wireless charging was really weak/bad which was why it was discontinued. Wonder if the non-u.s. rx wireless charging is any better.
Old 06-13-19, 07:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I understand the never-ending quest for wireless convenience, but is it really THAT difficult to simply plug your cellphone into a charging-port? At the D.C. auto show each year, Toyota (and sometimes other manufacturers) give out free charge-cords for their circuit-test-drives and as prizes in their Trivia/Quiz show on the floor. Here's the one they gave me....and you can buy similar ones in a number of different stores.

​​​​​​​

Old 06-13-19, 08:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

cables suck.
Old 06-13-19, 09:09 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I understand the never-ending quest for wireless convenience, but is it really THAT difficult to simply plug your cellphone into a charging-port? At the D.C. auto show each year, Toyota (and sometimes other manufacturers) give out free charge-cords for their circuit-test-drives and as prizes in their Trivia/Quiz show on the floor. Here's the one they gave me....and you can buy similar ones in a number of different stores.

Each seat should have its own spot to plug in and that includes the 3rd row. With most every human being having a smartphone and tablet, it makes sense to offer charging options as standard functionality. On long road trips my kids have a ton of electronics going at the same time and we definitely see the need more more outlets throughout the entire cabin.
Old 06-13-19, 09:18 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
If you were curious why nobody took your post seriously, here is the snapshot of why.
Whats your point? You can spin it however you like, but the LC is overpriced. RC is mediocre and GSF overpriced. LS is just a complete failure at this point.
Old 06-13-19, 09:32 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Whats your point? You can spin it however you like, but the LC is overpriced. RC is mediocre and GSF overpriced. LS is just a complete failure at this point.
The LC and RC are more interesting than anything in the past. But this thread really is about the RX. Continues to be the best selling luxo cross over.
Old 06-13-19, 11:16 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The LC and RC are more interesting than anything in the past. But this thread really is about the RX. Continues to be the best selling luxo cross over.
Yes I wish the RX update has more substance but giving people a touchscreen is just giving people back what they originally had but was idiotically taken away. AA and ACP is nice, but it is just catch up at this point. At least give us 5 extra hp, just to humor us a little or just to say "there we gave you more power."
Old 06-13-19, 12:31 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I wish the RX update has more substance but giving people a touchscreen is just giving people back what they originally had but was idiotically taken away. AA and ACP is nice, but it is just catch up at this point. At least give us 5 extra hp, just to humor us a little or just to say "there we gave you more power."
I think the RX makes enough HP for the size and price of the vehicle, they upgraded the HP in 2016. What Lexus do you own? Is it an RX? I don’t remember see your posts before so it would be interesting to know for context.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-13-19 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-13-19, 01:24 PM
situman
Pole Position

I think the RX makes enough HP for the size and price of the vehicle, they upgraded the HP in 2016. What Lexus do you own? Is it an RX? I don’t remember see your posts before so it would be interesting to know for context.
GX460. Both vehicles can use a few extra ponies. Sure the RX is enough if you care competing against Acura and Infiniti, but the RX is competing with the Germans, supposedly.
Old 06-13-19, 01:33 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

GX460. Both vehicles can use a few extra ponies. Sure the RX is enough if you care competing against Acura and Infiniti, but the RX is competing with the Germans, supposedly.
I don't view the RX as a competitor against the Germans models. Lexus in the unique position as the RX and ES, LX compare well with Lincoln, Cadillac and of course Acura. Whereas the rest of the brand IS, LS, LC all compare with the German brands. As for the GX, its a unique vehicle in that it was designed to appeal to existing Toyota brand customers who want something more upscale but are very loyal to the Toyota brand. A GX is definitely not a German competitor. What made you choose the GX?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-13-19 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-13-19, 08:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I don't view the RX as a competitor against the Germans models. Lexus in the unique position as the RX and ES, LX compare well with Lincoln, Cadillac and of course Acura. Whereas the rest of the brand IS, LS, LC all compare with the German brands. As for the GX, its a unique vehicle in that it was designed to appeal to existing Toyota brand customers who want something more upscale but are very loyal to the Toyota brand. A GX is definitely not a German competitor. What made you choose the GX?
great post
Old 06-14-19, 08:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

I don't see how anybody can choose to buy a GX460 and complain that the 2020 RX is behind in tech...of all the Lexus vehicles its the one thats most behind...

Quick Reply: 2020 RX and RXL revealed...