Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM urges patience as Silverado falls to No. 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-19, 08:51 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,823 Likes on 2,387 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i mean look at this. compensating much?

just ridiculous.
I'm baffled whey anyone would buy that monstrosity.
Old 06-19-19, 09:26 AM
evident
Racer

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts

^ The outgoing model's interior looks better in that picture, wth? even the gmc doesn't seem that impressive vs the ram. I haven't seen either interior in person so maybe it's just a better press photo.
Old 06-19-19, 10:01 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

The GM interior is hideous, and I hate the buttons they used.

I"m a bit biased but I prefer the F-150 interior. It's definitely not as fancy as the RAM, but I expect it will hold up longer if the last 30 years is any indicator. Layout is good, buttons feel great, space is good. Only real complaint for me is light switches, they're awkwardly placed and hard to use when not looking at them.
Old 06-20-19, 09:51 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pick up trucks are generally useless, and I can't believe there are so many people that chose them as personal vehicles, especially when they are as fugly as the ridiculous modern models.
Old 06-20-19, 09:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Pick up trucks are generally useless, and I can't believe there are so many people that chose them as personal vehicles,

A lot of people actually need to carry things..things that are sometimes too bulky to fit into enclosed SUVs....or, for whatever reason, you wouldn't want inside the vehicle.
Old 06-20-19, 10:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Pick up trucks are generally useless, and I can't believe there are so many people that chose them as personal vehicles, especially when they are as fugly as the ridiculous modern models.
got my top Ram Limited for 53.5k OTD, what other luxury vehicle can compare at that price. Has all the features most luxury cars have
Old 06-20-19, 10:37 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

if it pulls and is priced right, i dont think they will have a problem moving these units. Lets face it, folks who love a particular brand will buy the same brand regardless of all the bells and whistles your throw at them; truck folk included
Old 06-20-19, 10:40 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Beg to differ. Mine has something in the bed at least once a week, and often it's something you don't want inside your cabin. I've hauled with it, towed with it, off-roaded with it, and I just flat out love it. I can both commute to work in it or go up to our rural mountain property and handle our maintenance tasks up there(can't get firewood or haul building materials in a Prius). I can go through mud like it's nothing. When I travel with my parents, we usually use my truck as it is the most comfortable in terms of interior space(though their Chrysler 300 has soft leather seats vs my basic cloth seats).

Style i guess is subjective. I agree that the 2019 RAM and 2019 Silverado are fugly(although both of their prior models are gorgeous), the 2019 GMC is a mixed bag, and I really like the current F-150 in most trims.
Old 06-20-19, 01:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I can't believe there are so many people that chose them as personal vehicles,
I am also amazed as to how many I see. 95% are never loaded. I will say, it is far cheaper to own a full size truck than it is a full size SUV. So perhaps that is why trucks are so popular.
Old 06-20-19, 04:19 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 365 Likes on 250 Posts

Saw a new Sierra Denali on the road yesterday. Had a nice road presence - once I got in front of it I looked at the grille for a while and didn't find it anywhere near as bad as the Silverado. I actually liked the look of the Denali.
Old 06-20-19, 04:57 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I am also amazed as to how many I see. 95% are never loaded. I will say, it is far cheaper to own a full size truck than it is a full size SUV. So perhaps that is why trucks are so popular.
you can probably say 95% of vehicles on the road arent loaded passenger wise
Old 06-20-19, 06:52 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

It’s the time when you need to haul something big you have a truck to carry where it needs to go
Old 06-20-19, 07:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
It’s the time when you need to haul something big you have a truck to carry where it needs to go
Ok. Give me an idea of something that would need to be hauled? Just rent a truck for those moments. Or rent a big van for those even larger moments.
Old 06-20-19, 07:30 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok. Give me an idea of something that would need to be hauled? Just rent a truck for those moments. Or rent a big van for those even larger moments.
Furniture for my mom or Aunts, hunting you have to put the kill somewhere, when me and my son take our 4-wheelers riding, mower and equipment, my sons baseball tournaments I can put all the equipment on the back of my truck,pulling people out when it snows here people in Charlotte can’t drive in the snow. The point is I use my truck I have it when I need it, i don’t want to go rent a truck. You might not need one but I do
Old 06-20-19, 07:34 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
You might not need one but I do
Good stuff. 👍. Happy you have a need for a truck. (I am not against them). Trucks are cheaper, don’t carry Ontario green tax, more efficient.

Quick Reply: GM urges patience as Silverado falls to No. 3