Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Cadillac CT4

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-19, 10:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by COOLIS
I wonder where Cadillac has their biggest market share in the US? My guess would be the bible belt and Midwest, but I could be wrong.

You're partly correct. Although you don't, for a number of reasons, see as many of them in the Lower Midwest (Bible Belt) as you do the Upper Midwest, the Great Lakes states OH, MI, WI, etc.... have traditionally been one of Caddy's more-popular areas. Caddies were also popular (and still are) in the limo/executive-car business and as funeral-home hearses.
Old 06-20-19, 11:59 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I would guess that Caddy's higher volume SUV's and CUV's sell well in most areas of the U.S. due to the popularity of the segments. Their sedans on the other hand sell in such small numbers these days they are a rare site just about anywhere, including the Midwest where I live.
Old 06-20-19, 12:20 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

I actually like the body shape on the red car, even though the front has shades of Ford Fusion and other econocars. Need to see more of it to determine.
Still not a fan of the center stack. It's more of an odd diamond shape.
Old 09-12-19, 02:48 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts
Default 2020 Cadillac CT4 revealed in non-V form

Super Cruise is available

Cadillac is officially showing off the regular CT4 luxury sport sedans. They actually don't look all that different from the V, though - especially the CT4 Sport trim. The Luxury and Premium Luxury trims are distinguished by less aggressive ground effects and a grille studded with chrome pieces shaped like the Cadillac logo. The interior is similar, too, complete with an 8-inch touchscreen. Super Cruise will be made available on the CT4 later in 2020, including on the V model.

Really, the big news is the powertrain as V6 engines have been dropped entirely from Cadillac's compact sedan. The base CT4 engine available in Sport or Luxury trim cars is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder making 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Coupled to either rear- or all-wheel drive, it features cylinder deactivation and an eight-speed automatic transmission. Unlike in the old ATS, a manual transmission is not available. One notable mechanical difference between trims is the Sport trim gets standard Brembo brakes.

Moving up from the 2.0-liter engine is the turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder introduced on the CT4-V. Available on the Premium Luxury trims, its output is downgraded to 309 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque from the CT4-V's output of 325 hp and 380 lb-ft. It too has cylinder deactivation and can be had with either rear- or all-wheel drive. The only transmission offered is a 10-speed automatic. The V model also gets Brembo brake upgrades, and with rear-wheel drive includes Cadillac's magnetically controlled adaptive suspension.

Cadillac will start taking orders for the CT4 later this year, but pricing has not been announced yet.
Source
Old 09-12-19, 02:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Based on looks alone, this is no better than "pleasant." So what will happen is what has happened to all modern Cadillac sedans: It will get lost in the competition, become dated quickly, be heavily discounted, and run the risk of being discontinued and/or gain another name change. There is no breaking of Cadillac's track record here. The CT4 does nothing to change the current lack of flow into dealerships. After all these years and failed sedan attempts, you'd think someone with some education would drag Cadillac out of their rut by now.
Old 09-12-19, 03:01 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

D.O.A. in the US.
Old 09-12-19, 03:10 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Moving up from the 2.0-liter engine is the turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder introduced on the CT4-V. Available on the Premium Luxury trims, its output is downgraded to 309 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque from the CT4-V's output of 325 hp and 380 lb-ft.
So not only was the V Performance brand defiled, but now they are whoring out their 'new top spec V engine' with 16 horsepower and 32 lb-ft less in a Premium Luxury trim..

Cadillac you are pathetic
Old 09-12-19, 03:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

besides the rwd proportions, it reminds me a bit of an accord.
Old 09-12-19, 03:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

After GM's recent actions, any new sedan is a cheerful and welcome sight. Not quite my cup of tea, sedan-wise (RWD and probably too stiff-riding), but looks like it should do well against the King of the segment......the BMW 3-series.
Old 09-13-19, 05:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
but looks like it should do well against the King of the segment......the BMW 3-series.
How so? .....
Old 09-13-19, 06:12 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
How so? .....

I'll withhold any further comments until I actually see it, but, on paper, it looks like a nice domestic-badged competitor to not only the 3-series but the C-Class and A4. It also, for those to whom "Buy American"" is an issue, will be built at GM's Lansing, MI plant.
Old 09-13-19, 03:25 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'll withhold any further comments until I actually see it, but, on paper, it looks like a nice domestic-badged competitor to not only the 3-series but the C-Class and A4. It also, for those to whom "Buy American"" is an issue, will be built at GM's Lansing, MI plant.
Until Cadillac can prove otherwise, I don't give them the benefit of the doubt that this will be anything other than a mediocre, or maybe even "good", entry in the class, without leading the class.
Old 09-13-19, 03:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
Until Cadillac can prove otherwise, I don't give them the benefit of the doubt that this will be anything other than a mediocre, or maybe even "good", entry in the class, without leading the class.
Well, we will find out when the car is introduced. As with its upcoming CT5 brother, I plan at least a static-review and test-drive, if not a full review. I also invite you to go look at it for yourself, there at the Philly Auto Show or one of the dealerships.
Old 10-09-19, 12:03 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Default Cadillac CT4 and CT4-V pricing revealed, starts just under $34,000

The V lands in the mid $40s

The Cadillac CT4-V had its big reveal in Detroit several months ago, and last month we finally saw the regular CT4. Today, Cadillac has pricing available for every CT4 trim level including the V.

The entry-level CT4 Luxury with rear-wheel drive will start at $33,990, including the destination charge. Adding all-wheel drive requires another $2,600, bringing the total to $36,590. Cadillac also throws in heated front seats and a heated steering wheel when you opt for the all-wheel drive model. The CT4-V comes in at $45,490 before options — on the V, the up-charge for all-wheel drive is only $1,100.

Cadillac offers two trims in between the base Luxury and more powerful V-Series: Premium Luxury and Sport. The Premium Luxury is priced from $38,490, and the Sport is a tad bit more expensive at $39,590. All-wheel drive is even more expensive ($3,200) in the Premium Luxury, as it adds cooled front seats on top of the heated seats and steering wheel. The cooled seats aren’t included with the Sport all-wheel drive package, so it’s the same $2,600 charge as in the Luxury model.

Every CT4 but the V comes standard with Cadillac’s 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that makes 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. An 8-speed transmission handles the shifting. Go for the much more expensive CT4-V, and you get the 2.7-liter turbo four that makes 325 horsepower and a whopping 380 pound-feet of torque. This engine is exclusively mated to a 10-speed automatic.
Source
Old 10-09-19, 12:08 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

The V lands in the mid $40s

Source
Really kinda weak for a V series but i guess they are going down market. Its now playing with the mid level trim BMW, Audi, and Merc.

Quick Reply: 2020 Cadillac CT4