Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MM Dealer-Review: Auto-Giant Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-19, 02:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
I can't find the tiny volume button on a 2017 MIrage without looking at it directly.
I don't want to derail my own thread too much, but if you think the Mirage volume control is bad, the one in the Lexus UX, a tiny horizontal thumbwheel on the console, is even worse.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-25-19 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-25-19, 02:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

I can't remember the last time I used the volume **** in my car...I always use the steering wheel control
Old 06-25-19, 07:32 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't want to derail my own thread too much, but if you think the Mirage volume control is bad, the one in the Lexus UX, a tiny horizontal thumbwheel on the console, is even worse.

I find the UX idea kinda interesting. UX has a superb interior. But steering wheel controls are more convenient.
Old 06-25-19, 07:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I find the UX idea kinda interesting. UX has a superb interior. But steering wheel controls are more convenient.
In this case, definitely.
Old 06-25-19, 07:49 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

In this case, definitely.
In every single case, steering wheel controls are better and more convenient
Old 06-26-19, 07:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
In every single case, steering wheel controls are better and more convenient

I would agree with you to an extent, but some steering-wheel controls are quite flimsy and do not operate with much precision.
Old 06-26-19, 08:05 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

No did not, could not! Worked for a press fleet management company & Mitzu was one of our clients.

Saw today that Mitzu is moving from the building I refered to previously to a building in Nashville TN. Following Nissan I suppose.
Moving to Franklin, a suburb of Nashville, and will be close to Nissan. They will begin move in August and be done by end of year. I assume they will be bringing many of the current employees as they have estimated 200 new hires.
The head of Mitzu in CA was a former Nissan executive here. I believe Nissan is now the majority owner of Mitzu.

No personal income tax, and a high quality Williamson County school system gets another headquarters. Also announced same day that Pilot, Inc, a San Fransisco based company is moving a division headquarters here creating 450 jobs.
Old 06-26-19, 01:39 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
Moving to Franklin, a suburb of Nashville, and will be close to Nissan. They will begin move in August and be done by end of year. I assume they will be bringing many of the current employees as they have estimated 200 new hires.
The head of Mitzu in CA was a former Nissan executive here. I believe Nissan is now the majority owner of Mitzu.
Nissan is not the majority owner of Mitsubishi Motors but it is the largest single shareholder. It only owns 34% but that is enough, under Japanese law to control the company.
Old 06-27-19, 10:14 AM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Wonder what kind of sales they are making. I hear their crazy commercials all the time; sounds like they are going after no credit/ low credit customers.
Old 08-15-19, 06:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Well....how about that? One of my condo-neighbors came home with a new Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Sedan from Auto-Giant. Black on Black.
Old 08-15-19, 09:48 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bet that place smells like desperation and bad credit...
Old 08-16-19, 06:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
Bet that place smells like desperation and bad credit...

It's not much to look at, except for the fact that there are a couple of dozen vehicles in the huge but primitive showroom, and that it represents something almost unheard of nowadays in the American market.....a new Mitsubishi franchise. Even in this big-money area, perhaps second only to Los Angles in auto-sales, Mitsubishi franchises have all but disappeared in the last few years.

I can remember, couple of decades ago, when Mitsubishi sold quite a number of vehicles here. The Mirage sub-compact was popular, as was the Eclipse sport coupe, Outlander/Endeavor SUVs, and, of course, the Lancer Evo, for those who wanted to give the Subaru STI some competition.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-16-19 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-25-19, 08:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Well, how about that? One of my condo neighbors has a daughter that has not been married very long, and she and her (relatively) new husband came home with a brand-new Mirage G4 sedan (black) from this dealership (see the OP for the details of the dealership). Not surprising, maybe...they are both young, her dad originally came here from Puerto Rico, and they don't have a lot of money to spend. Mirage G4s start around 15K....just about as inexpensive as you can get a new car in the American market, with the possible exception of some versions of the Nissan Versa.

I'll post a like-image of one here, and some actual shots of the car (keeping the license plate out of view) if they give me permission to take shots of it. Unless it is an incident in traffic, I never take shots of someone's vehicle without permission, even if it is otherwise perfectly legal.

The G4 sedan, BTW, comes standard with 14-inch wheels ....I haven't seen wheels and tires that size on an American-market vehicle for quite some time.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage-g4/2019

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-25-19 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-27-19, 09:58 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Lexus is not fighting for its life in the American market......Mitsubishi is.

But, make no mistake about it...Apple / Android or not, a Mirage is not a car for people who like a lot of gadgets. It is priced under 15K for a reason.

Not too popular with the drag racing crowd either as it is the slowest 0-60mph car sold in USA, 12 seconds I believe with it's 3cylinder "engine"
Old 10-27-19, 10:04 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Not too popular with the drag racing crowd either as it is the slowest 0-60mph car sold in USA, 12 seconds I believe with it's 3cylinder "engine"

I think the Smart-for-Two was even slower, but it has been withdrawn from the American market.