Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WORST drivers by Make and model.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-19, 11:26 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Any brand vehicle with a NY ON (Ontario) plate on a highway any road outside of Ontario. Fast lane at speed limit or under and will not move to a right lane.
Fixed it for all Canadians.
Old 06-24-19, 02:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

My experience is, cars that are typically driven by non auto-enthusiast type drivers tend to have the most "frustrating" drivers. So that includes Priuses, Subarus, mainstream cars like Corollas and Camrys, and also includes Lexus vehicles such as the ES and RX. People who select a car because they "wanted a car to fulfill something other than transportation" are less frustrating.
Old 06-24-19, 06:26 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

For me it’s always the Prius that tops my list going below the speed limit on single lane roads with no regards to the line of cars behind them. On 2 or more lane roads and they are in the right lane I have no issue but when I’m behind one merging onto a highway and they are going so slow when merging it drives me crazy.

As for ignorant drivers, around me it has to be old ex-police cars that are sold after they are taken out of service. They always have the darkest window tint and drive like a-holes weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating in the slower lanes, never using turn signals, etc.
Old 06-24-19, 10:16 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The only BMW product that I ever test-drove that I thought was really stiff and uncomfortable was the last-generation M3, which handled like it was on rails but was very rough and noisy over bumps. Most BMWs, even with the Sport-Package, have a superb balance of ride-and-handling, because the BMW engineers know how to design suspensions that deliver both comfort and control.

One also has to take this entire thread in its proper context. Yes, I felt that the BMW 3-series, for its proportion of arrogant and irresponsible drivers, was second only to the infamous high-powered Mustangs. But, even then, probably a majority of BMW 3-series drivers are just as careful, responsible, and follow the same traffic-laws as those drivers of other makes.
i'm also talking about the seats themselves, however pre 00s bmws are more comfortable and i'd love an E39 540i with the 6MT... that's about as good a well balanced 'sports sedan' as one can ask for
Old 06-24-19, 10:19 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
For me it’s always the Prius that tops my list going below the speed limit on single lane roads with no regards to the line of cars behind them. On 2 or more lane roads and they are in the right lane I have no issue but when I’m behind one merging onto a highway and they are going so slow when merging it drives me crazy.
those people need the 'don't honk i'm hypermiling' bumper sticker lol... and that was basically me in my crown vic minus the tints, and you have to factor in that the turn signal stalk might be broken haha
Old 06-26-19, 12:58 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Definitely older Lexus ES and RX models, specifically older generations. I don't know how many times I've had an RX refuse to let me zipper-merge in traffic, or an ES zoom around me at 20 MPH over the speed limit, only to have to weave around the next car in the lane. I don't really see issues too much with the newer models.

Also, Idk what it is about Hyundai Accents, but I've seen a number of near-misses with them. Just yesterday, for example, an Accent speeds past me. We are in a 40 MPH speed limit zone, and I was doing 45 or so. They looked to be going about 60. Anyway, a few seconds later we're approaching an intersection, and an oncoming semi truck is making a left turn. The Accent driver doesn't notice till late, and fully locks up their right-rear tire slamming on the brakes, creating lots of tire smoke. They are able to swerve left around the end of the semi truck's trailer, thankfully.
Old 06-27-19, 10:21 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

The usual suspects, Mustang, Prius, BMW, Lexus have all been mentioned in this thread no surprise.

Let me say that TESLA drivers are some of the most arrogant and self entitled drivers on the road. From 3, to S to X. Bunch of jack weasels.
Old 06-27-19, 10:31 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

It's what happens when the even the cheapest model does 0-60 in 5.3 People do seem to get annoyed because if I'm at the front of a red light, I'll get on the accelerator like a bat out of hell, but then set my AP to 63 (in a 55) and camp out in the right lane. Maybe they expect me to keep accelerating
Old 06-27-19, 10:47 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Allen K
It's what happens when the even the cheapest model does 0-60 in 5.3 People do seem to get annoyed because if I'm at the front of a red light, I'll get on the accelerator like a bat out of hell, but then set my AP to 63 (in a 55) and camp out in the right lane. Maybe they expect me to keep accelerating
No offense to you, I don't know how NJ Tesla drivers are. I can only speak for the hundred thousand Tesla's here in California
Old 06-27-19, 10:54 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
No offense to you, I don't know how NJ Tesla drivers are. I can only speak for the hundred thousand Tesla's here in California
If you see a red one randomly taking off like a bat out of hell at stop lights...it could be me

Even at a quarter throttle, the Model 3 Performance takes off far faster than an average vehicle. At half throttle, I have bus-lengths in a few seconds. I haven't had anyone keep up with me at full throttle yet. Its a completely ridiculous car.
Old 06-27-19, 10:57 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

No offense taken! I think it's a combo of instant torque and EV/hybrid smug that the Prius drivers used to have the monopoly of
Old 06-27-19, 10:57 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by EZZ
If you see a red one randomly taking off like a bat out of hell at stop lights...it could be me

Even at a quarter throttle, the Model 3 Performance takes off far faster than an average vehicle. At half throttle, I have bus-lengths in a few seconds. I haven't had anyone keep up with me at full throttle yet. Its a completely ridiculous car.
I don't blame you for having fun. Acceleration is intoxicating. It's when Tesla owners drive their cars in a way that affects myself or others on the road that irritates me, or even the ones caught napping while the car is on Auto Pilot lol
Old 06-27-19, 11:31 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

The usual suspects, Mustang, Prius, BMW, Lexus have all been mentioned in this thread no surprise.

Let me say that TESLA drivers are some of the most arrogant and self entitled drivers on the road. From 3, to S to X. Bunch of jack weasels.
Weird, where I live in MD I see a fair amount of Tesla drivers and I have yet to see one drive like an A-hole, not one. Every single one I have seen drives very normal and courteous.
Old 06-27-19, 11:46 AM
Hoovey689

Weird, where I live in MD I see a fair amount of Tesla drivers and I have yet to see one drive like an A-hole, not one. Every single one I have seen drives very normal and courteous.
Californians are terrible drivers
Old 06-29-19, 07:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

I would agree with that here in MD.

Quick Reply: WORST drivers by Make and model.