Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WORST drivers by Make and model.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-19, 07:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
Weird, where I live in MD I see a fair amount of Tesla drivers and I have yet to see one drive like an A-hole, not one. Every single one I have seen drives very normal and courteous.
Yes, in this area, many people who drive Teslas tend to be environmentalists, are not what we would call auto-enthusiasts or speed-enthusiasts, and who are generally not attracted to aggressive driving....certainly not like a lot of Mustang or BMW 3-series jocks.
Old 06-29-19, 08:18 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, in this area, many people who drive Teslas tend to be environmentalists, are not what we would call auto-enthusiasts or speed-enthusiasts, and who are generally not attracted to aggressive driving....certainly not like a lot of Mustang or BMW 3-series jocks.
I think a lot of people have different definitions of bad behavior. For example, I typically run away at stoplights simply because I can and it's very easy to do. I don't cut anyone off and there is plenty of space in front of me so I'm just having fun with my car. I've had people catch up at the next light and look offended. I also get people mad at me when I pass them on the right and get in front of them when they are left lane hogging. Again, I don't cut anyone off but it offends them for some reason and they speed up and start tailgating a bit. BMW drivers like to have fun and they might drive spiritedly but may be interpreted as being jerks.
Old 06-29-19, 08:39 AM
davyboygs
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The worst drivers are Buckeyes (Ohio drivers). When out of state, they stay in the left lane and will not move into a slower lane to allow other traffic to pass.
Old 06-29-19, 09:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EZZ
I think a lot of people have different definitions of bad behavior. For example, I typically run away at stoplights simply because I can and it's very easy to do. I don't cut anyone off and there is plenty of space in front of me so I'm just having fun with my car. I've had people catch up at the next light and look offended. I also get people mad at me when I pass them on the right and get in front of them when they are left lane hogging. Again, I don't cut anyone off but it offends them for some reason and they speed up and start tailgating a bit. BMW drivers like to have fun and they might drive spiritedly but may be interpreted as being jerks.
BMW 3-series jocks are in a distant second-place....although there are indeed some careful Mustang jocks (they're not all a bunch of hooligans), in general, the Mustang pilots, particularly with the V8s, take first place when it comes to thumbing one's nose at the laws of physics.
Old 06-29-19, 09:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by daveruble
The worst drivers are Buckeyes (Ohio drivers). When out of state, they stay in the left lane and will not move into a slower lane to allow other traffic to pass.

Ohio is tough on speeding....they don't play games. In fact, some of their small towns have been written up for questionable, illegal, or harassing tactics.
Old 06-29-19, 02:04 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Audi A4, BMW 3 Series or Mercedes c300, or c43 amg.
Old 06-29-19, 03:39 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

Lexus RX owners are easily the worst I’ve ever seen. I can’t count how many times I’ve almost been hit by one or witnessed reckless driving in them. I’m usually not a big critic of other drivers but those cars attract the worst drivers.

I see tons of RX’s as I live by the only Lexus dealership in my city, as well as I also work for that same dealership. I deal with many RX owners every day and the ridiculous stories customers tell me is crazy. Many people have hit cars while parking or been in accidents, despite all of the safety systems that RX’s have now. When I see them on the road they’re swerving, running red lights, running stop signs, rear ending people, weaving in and out of traffic, and cutting people off.

I had a customer who wanted to test out her Pre-Collision System in her new RX. She tried to run over some children in her neighborhood and was mad when the car didn’t stop itself. She came came back and complained to us about it a few days later.
Old 06-29-19, 03:42 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shadow1118
Audi A4, BMW 3 Series or Mercedes c300, or c43 amg.
As i was defending 3 series drivers earlier, a rude 340 driver was tailgating me the whole time on the highway.

I really wanted to smoke him but I was in my minivan
Old 06-29-19, 07:09 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I have yet to see a Tesla driver even do that! I don’t have a problem with what you are doing and I think it would be pretty cool to see it. I think if it was a loud car doing what you do it may get a dirty look. I see a lot of Charger/Challengers doing it but it probably looks worse because of how loud they can be.
Old 06-29-19, 07:20 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by patgilm
I have yet to see a Tesla driver even do that! I don’t have a problem with what you are doing and I think it would be pretty cool to see it. I think if it was a loud car doing what you do it may get a dirty look. I see a lot of Charger/Challengers doing it but it probably looks worse because of how loud they can be.
That's too bad. I runaway from everyone at lights at will. The electric instantaneous torque is unbelievable.
Old 06-29-19, 08:45 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Lexus RX owners are easily the worst I’ve ever seen. I can’t count how many times I’ve almost been hit by one or witnessed reckless driving in them. I’m usually not a big critic of other drivers but those cars attract the worst drivers.

I see tons of RX’s as I live by the only Lexus dealership in my city, as well as I also work for that same dealership. I deal with many RX owners every day and the ridiculous stories customers tell me is crazy. Many people have hit cars while parking or been in accidents, despite all of the safety systems that RX’s have now. When I see them on the road they’re swerving, running red lights, running stop signs, rear ending people, weaving in and out of traffic, and cutting people off.

I had a customer who wanted to test out her Pre-Collision System in her new RX. She tried to run over some children in her neighborhood and was mad when the car didn’t stop itself. She came came back and complained to us about it a few days later.
my man... you know what's up lol

they're definitely the biggest menaces on the road, if I had a dash cam for the past 10 years I'd have a great RX drivers compilation by now (after only a few weeks lets be honest)
Old 06-30-19, 12:54 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
As i was defending 3 series drivers earlier, a rude 340 driver was tailgating me the whole time on the highway.

I really wanted to smoke him but I was in my minivan
Audi A4 owners are my arch nemesis on the road. But for some reason I had the most people try to street race me in A4's. Then Bmw 3 series owners, then c300 & c43 people. In that order.
Old 06-30-19, 01:28 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I wonder if anyone ever says "I drive a xxxxx and we're some of the worst drivers on the road"?
You're such a damn buzz kill!!!

While I don't think they are the worst (also no longer own one), Maxima drivers are far from good. Seems like I get cutoff by one every other day. No signal, doesn't want you to merge, etc etc.

Prius, in my area is pretty much the worst.
Old 06-30-19, 10:12 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 694 Likes on 436 Posts

There are only two sweeping generalizations that hold true.

The first is that if there is one thing that unites all of us, it's that every single person considers themselves to be a better than average driver.

The second was George Carlin's - anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac.
Old 06-30-19, 04:33 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

I am back to Prius drivers. Today they were terrible.

Plus, some guy in a PT Cruiser. This guy was older than dust and man he needed to have a license review.

The other class today was all the people with bike racks with bikes on them. It seemed like everyone of them had inhaled some sort of magic plant before they hit the road this morning.

Quick Reply: WORST drivers by Make and model.