Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Corvette Stingray (C8)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-19, 10:37 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by highrev6
As long as it can fit two fold up lawn chairs for the 75 year old men and their wives who buy Corvettes. You know how Corvette owners love their cruise in car shows.
I know this is not true of every Vette owner, but it sure does perfectly describe a majority of the ones I see.
Old 01-04-19, 10:39 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
For what version? Base or a higher spec? I knew it wouldn't be $55,900 like the C7, but was hoping for $110,000. Can't wait to see what Ferrari and Lamborghini have to say. Bring on the C8, 488, Huracan, NSX, R8 comparison test!
I'm assuming that's higher spec or I would hope so as that would price out most of the current owners who want to upgrade. That would be an interesting comparison test.

Originally Posted by highrev6
As long as it can fit two fold up lawn chairs for the 75 year old men and their wives who buy Corvettes. You know how Corvette owners love their cruise in car shows.
Ha ha, my neighbor 2 doors down older gentleman has a C6 Z06 so does a few of his friends one actually has a mint C6 ZR1 they usually come over pitch driveway tent and clean and detail not sure they go to actual events I always wave when passing in Supra or GS, I get weird looks in Supra. Once it warms up I will stop by in it if they are out and say hi. They have theirs stock though no crazy add on's like I've seen some of that crowd do. On other hand I know bunch of younger guys with Z06/ZR1's that are the opposite they did all performance mods and are always out and about.
Old 07-06-19, 04:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default 2020 C8 Mid-Engine Corvette tests at the Nurburgring.

Looks like they've opened up the 'Ring again to vehicle-manufacturer-testing....for a while, the 'Ring's owners had closed it off to the manufacturers. I guess money talks.....the manufacturers pay big bucks to rent that place.

Anyhow, here's the 2020 Mid-Engine C8 going through some testing....along with some other vehicles on the track. Lot of interest on Car Chat in the new mid-engine 'Vette, so thought I'd post it.

Old 07-07-19, 04:53 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

This new Corvette is going to struggle in the marketplace (after the initial hoopla). GM has not been doing well with their recent launches. I hope the Corvette fans like this new model, but I don't think it will be enough for GM.
Old 07-07-19, 05:17 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 230 Posts

Not right away, but I will definitely be buying one. I've been waiting for this car since I was seven years old, and had a blueprint of the Corvette Indy prototype on my wall.
Old 07-07-19, 08:49 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
Not right away, but I will definitely be buying one. I've been waiting for this car since I was seven years old, and had a blueprint of the Corvette Indy prototype on my wall.
I saw the Corvette Indy concept along with the Buick Wildcat and Pontiac Banshee and a couple of concepts at a Auto Show in St. Louis, I have a few pics of them we took. Really cool cars but this new Corvette is not going to be or look anything like the Corvette Indy aside from being mid engined.
Old 07-08-19, 04:38 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
I saw the Corvette Indy concept along with the Buick Wildcat and Pontiac Banshee and a couple of concepts at a Auto Show in St. Louis, I have a few pics of them we took. Really cool cars but this new Corvette is not going to be or look anything like the Corvette Indy aside from being mid engined.
Oh I agree. I meant I've been waiting for a mid-engine Corvette for mostly my entire life.
Old 07-18-19, 02:57 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2020 Corvette Stingray (C8)

Interior has been leaked on twitter

Last edited by Hoovey689; 07-18-19 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-18-19, 03:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Interior has been leaked.
I don't think we can rely on any of the C8 interior shots out there right now. There are literally dozens of different "leaked" posted images and photos, all claiming to the the legitimate new C8 interior. I'd put them all on the back burner for now...until we know for sure.
Old 07-18-19, 03:10 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

C8 gets revealed tonight! Chevy says it’s firing up the stream at 10:50 p.m. Eastern, or 7:50 p.m. Pacific

Let's make a 2020 (C8) Corvette thread when it hits
Old 07-18-19, 03:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
C8 gets revealed tonight! Chevy says it’s firing up the stream at 10:50 p.m. Eastern, or 7:50 p.m. Pacific

Let's make a 2020 (C8) Corvette thread when it hits
Make it now...the interior has leaked. I am sure the photos will leak (on purpose from GM) ahead of time...half the United States is asleep by 10:50pm
Old 07-18-19, 03:17 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2020 Corvette Stingray (C8)

placeholder
Old 07-18-19, 03:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Here's the scoop from Road &Track, dated today:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...e-2018-rumors/

Mid-Engine Corvette: Everything We Know

The C8 is on its way. Here's what we know about it.

BY BRIAN SILVESTRO AND CHRIS PERKINS
JUL 18, 2019

CHEVROLET

This story will be continually updated as new information is learned. The most recent update was published on 7/18/19.

After decades of speculations, concepts, and renderings, a mid-engine version of everyone's favorite American sports car, the Chevrolet Corvette, is finally on its way.

You Can Watch The Reveal Right Here

July 18, 2019 will forever be remembered as the day the mid-engine Corvette went from dream, to reality. The covers are being pulled off the car in California, but you can watch the reveal from the comfort of your own home, right here. Chevrolet says the reveal event will begin at 11:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM PDT.

It Will Be Called Stingray

CHEVROLET
With the seventh-generation Corvette, Chevrolet revived the "Stingray" nameplate, which first appeared on the iconic second-gen Corvette in 1963. The C8 will continue the Stingray name. Chevrolet acknowledged that fact recently, releasing photos of the Corvette's new logos.

Here's Its Steering Wheel

CHEVROLET

In the run-up to the C8's debut, Chevrolet released this picture of the new Corvette's steering wheel. Interestingly, it's a two-spoke design—the first since the fourth-generation Corvette of 1984. This one appears to be wrapped with suede-esque material, with two big paddle shifters fixed to the back. There's also a button with a checkered flag, which indicates some sort of track mode.

It Will Officially Debut on July 18, 2019

Chevy
View this post on Instagram
on the evening of April 11th. It was the first official acknowledgement that the mid-engine Corvette is real, and the date on the side corresponds with https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette. It's official: We'll see this thing for real on July 18th.

General Motors CEO Mary Barra announced the C8's debut at a charity event in New York City honoring firefighters and first responders killed in the attack on the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001.

The automaker also tweeted a link to a page on its website, confirming the debut date:

RELATED STORY

The 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Will Debut on July 18

Chevy didn't give any further details aside from the debut date, but the automaker did publish its first official photos of a mid-engine 'Vette prototype cruising around New York City:

CHEVROLET

CHEVROLET

CHEVROLET

It Sounds Like This

Someone in Detroit (via Reddit) captured a camouflaged C8 on the highway briefly letting it rip in gear. Unsurprisingly, it's a V-8 exhaust note coming from the Corvette's quad tailpipes here. It's a great sound—more growly than that of the C7 Stingray, which might simply be a function of exhaust tuning.

On Instagram, the National Corvette Museum has a clip of a C8 testing, too, this time at lower speed, but still with lots of good engine note.

Old 07-18-19, 03:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Interior has been leaked on twitter
Fancy and very becoming of a sports car. But that line of buttons looks to be an ergonomic fail. Just how much time with eyes off the road does one need to spot and activate one of those buttons?
Old 07-18-19, 04:36 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Fancy and very becoming of a sports car. But that line of buttons looks to be an ergonomic fail. Just how much time with eyes off the road does one need to spot and activate one of those buttons?
Yep, and you actually would need to take both of your eyes off the road as the controls are way out of the your peripheral vision.

Quick Reply: 2020 Corvette Stingray (C8)