Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

July 2019 Sales Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-19, 06:53 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
Good Car Bad Car has 2017 as 1,731 for the LC, not 2,487. 2018 and 2019 are the same.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/10...onthly-yearly/
I wonder where they came up with that number.

The Toyota press release shows 2,487.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/december-2017-sales-chart/
Old 08-09-19, 05:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I would say ok, not great. They added a lower cost model (UX) so sales should go up, but the other boost is the hugely improved new ES.
Hahah. I said good results. Not OK, not great.
Old 08-12-19, 08:32 PM
MatB
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I find it interesting that LX sales are down and Land Cruiser sales are up.
Old 08-12-19, 08:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Originally Posted by MatB
I find it interesting that LX sales are down and Land Cruiser sales are up.
probably some incentives on land cruiser, but lx is still outselling it.
Old 08-13-19, 05:16 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

probably some incentives on land cruiser, but lx is still outselling it.
Unlike the Sequoia which has a $4000 Toyota rebate or 1.9 financing rebate, there is nothing for Land Cruiser. Land Cruiser sells in small numbers, is a stand alone trim level, is expensive as hell, has a loyal following, is one of the rare non-luxury badged premium models, and is very hard to get.
Old 08-18-19, 07:09 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 235 Likes on 173 Posts

Moderator edit - bob04, please exit this thread.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-18-19 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-18-19, 07:13 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Unlike the Sequoia which has a $4000 Toyota rebate or 1.9 financing rebate, there is nothing for Land Cruiser. Land Cruiser sells in small numbers, is a stand alone trim level, is expensive as hell, has a loyal following, is one of the rare non-luxury badged premium models, and is very hard to get.
Said most dealers to the naive customer. Its true that the LC is in a market of its own, most folks arent going to the Toyota dealership to plunk down $70K+ on a giant SUV, but the LC and LX both have quite a ton of dealer cash on the hood. The LX was going for high 78s (3 row) and the LC can be ordered to your specs for below invoice depending on dealership.

The LC and LX new customer base is slowly irking for the 300 series, and when such a loyal bunch of folks want more, Toyota has to stack those discounts.
Old 08-18-19, 07:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolsaber
The LC and LX new customer base is slowly irking for the 300 series
What ‘300 series’ are you referring to?
Old 08-18-19, 07:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I’ve cleaned this thread from a lot of personal and inappropriate commentary.

Let’s get back on topic with discussion on monthly sales please
Old 08-18-19, 07:52 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

What ‘300 series’ are you referring to?
Current LC and LX ride on the 200 series platform
Next generation is rumored to be called the 300 series platform (internally rumored to be called F1)
Old 08-18-19, 08:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Current LC and LX ride on the 200 series platform
Next generation is rumored to be called the 300 series platform (internally rumored to be called F1)
I know platform and engine numbers/letters are nice to know to show one’s in the know, even rumored ones, but would be easier if you just said customers are awaiting new models/platforms so meanwhile have to be enticed with additional incentives.

the current lx570 is really quite something... evolved from toyota’s global top of the line off-road capable (lc) vehicle, but at this point, it seems the latest (‘20) GLS is not that far off in capability, yet more modern, bigger, and more luxurious, and of course, more expensive.

I’d love an lx but for 2 things... horrible fuel economy, and not enough room.
Old 08-19-19, 10:15 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I know platform and engine numbers/letters are nice to know to show one’s in the know, even rumored ones, but would be easier if you just said customers are awaiting new models/platforms so meanwhile have to be enticed with additional incentives.

the current lx570 is really quite something... evolved from toyota’s global top of the line off-road capable (lc) vehicle, but at this point, it seems the latest (‘20) GLS is not that far off in capability, yet more modern, bigger, and more luxurious, and of course, more expensive.

Those who want a LX, would be at home with a GLS or X7 or G wagen, but would miss the reliability. Capability comes with cost on those models.
Old 08-19-19, 12:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Those who want a LX, would be at home with a GLS or X7 or G wagen, but would miss the reliability. Capability comes with cost on those models.
'reliability' is subjective, from being left stranded on the side of the road (hardly ever happens to recent models of any brand), to bluetooth connectivity is flaky (depends on phone, software, apps, etc).

since luxury vehicles come with great warranties i'd have no hesitation getting one of those other vehicles. near or out of warranty? get an extended warranty. certainly having a car at a dealer for repairs often is a big pain though.
Old 08-19-19, 01:54 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

'reliability' is subjective, from being left stranded on the side of the road (hardly ever happens to recent models of any brand), to bluetooth connectivity is flaky (depends on phone, software, apps, etc).

since luxury vehicles come with great warranties i'd have no hesitation getting one of those other vehicles. near or out of warranty? get an extended warranty. certainly having a car at a dealer for repairs often is a big pain though.
Reliability is subjective but an important metric. Most modern vehicles in the LX class have terrific powertrains underneath them. Unfortunately all of those vehicles have highly specialized body control modules that operate every single thing from power windows to advanced semi-autonomous setups. I have yet to see a vehicle that is as reliable as the LX. Try the Navigator (one of the best big suvs that has been dominating sales and does concierge for service) owners if your curious.
Old 08-19-19, 03:58 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

obviously you are not l33t enough to understand the LC nomenclature

As to LC/LX, there is a reason why it is the best selling real SUV worldwide, in those countries such as GCC (Gulf) vehicles like GLS barely sell anything. LC/LX are a bit pointless vehicles to have for most in the US though.

Quick Reply: July 2019 Sales Thread