Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hit and Run in Arizona by a Lexus - help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-19, 01:13 PM
TrueTexan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hit and Run in Arizona by a Lexus - help

Hello. Not sure where to post this or if it's even allowed. But my cousin, and two of her friends, were training for upcoming marathons/iron man comps this morning on their bicycles and a silver Lexus sedan, late model, driver hit all three, sending my cousin flying many feet and causing severe injuries. The perp's passenger-side mirror broke off, which the police now have and are trying to track the car through it. This happened at E. Riggs Road and S. Val Vista Dr., Chandler, Arizona. Will post more info on the Lexus as I get it. Hoping to wrap this travesty up soon to keep anyone else from suffering at the hands of an irresponsible person. If you know Arizonans, please reach out. Thanks.

Last edited by TrueTexan; 09-23-19 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Update car description
Old 09-21-19, 01:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Really sorry to hear and sounds to me like police will figure it out, i hope!
Old 09-21-19, 03:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Hope they catch the perpetrator, but, more important, for the safe and successful healing for all of the injured. Will offer up prayers for them.

Probably some moron with his/her eyes and hands looking down at the cell-phone/texting, instead of watching the road like they should be doing. It has become a true epidemic.
Old 09-23-19, 12:06 PM
TrueTexan
Driver School Candidate

Default Hit and Run by a Lexus - asking for help.

Thanks bikahuna and mmarshall. No good updates yet - cousin still in hospital and no word on whether they are any closer to finding the perp. I did, however, just update description of the car. I am hoping that some of our Arizonans will see the comment and maybe be able to identify or provide tips. I've also suggested that the police monitor passenger-side mirror purchases from dealerships, though I know it's a longshot. But if it is a newer Lexus, that tells me that they are going to want it repaired RIGHT.
Old 09-23-19, 12:17 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,660 Posts

I think it's more likely they were under the influence. If you're texting and you hit someone, then you've earned yourself a citation and at fault for the accident. Someone in a newer Lexus has insurance so it's not a matter of money at that point. If you're under the influence and hit someone, then it's a whole nother world of hurt for that person. Was this early morning?

Of course it could be anything, but I think people that do this are usually running for a bigger reason.

What kind of mirror was it? post some pics if you can. Maybe we can ID the car and then people in that area may have spotted a car w/ a broken mirror. Should post to Reddit too under the subreddit for that city. People band together and accomplish good things
Old 09-24-19, 05:21 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
I think it's more likely they were under the influence. If you're texting and you hit someone, then you've earned yourself a citation and at fault for the accident. Someone in a newer Lexus has insurance so it's not a matter of money at that point. If you're under the influence and hit someone, then it's a whole nother world of hurt for that person. Was this early morning?

Of course it could be anything, but I think people that do this are usually running for a bigger reason.

What kind of mirror was it? post some pics if you can. Maybe we can ID the car and then people in that area may have spotted a car w/ a broken mirror. Should post to Reddit too under the subreddit for that city. People band together and accomplish good things
I disagree. Most people don't know the law. Person could also think the person he hit could have died then it would be a manslaughter charge. Hope op finds the driver.
Old 09-24-19, 05:55 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe put ARIZONA in the thread title??? it might help.

Hope they find the idiot.
Old 09-24-19, 07:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
Maybe put ARIZONA in the thread title??? it might help.
good idea. Done.

Hope they find the idiot.
agreed
Old 09-27-19, 10:52 PM
TrueTexan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the great suggestions. It happened around 6:15 a.m. Will see if I can get more info on the car and can then look it up and post a pic. That early in the morning would more likely be texting or phone call rather than under the influence. I'll have my daughter post it on Reddit and I appreciate the change in title, since I was going to have to figure out how to do that! Again, thanks for the great suggestions.
Old 09-28-19, 06:43 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

How's your cousin doing?
Old 09-30-19, 09:03 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

How's your cousin and her 2 friends recovering?
Old 09-30-19, 04:40 PM
TrueTexan
Driver School Candidate

My cousin's clavical was broken into eight pieces - she had surgery today. She will probably never compete in Iron Man again, as she is in her 60's and it will be a long road to recovery. The other ladies were knocked in a ditch, whereas my cousin took a direct hit and sent flying down the road. Would REALLY like to catch the coward that did this. No success by police as yet. Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes.
Old 09-30-19, 04:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueTexan
My cousin's clavical was broken into eight pieces - she had surgery today. She will probably never compete in Iron Man again, as she is in her 60's and it will be a long road to recovery. The other ladies were knocked in a ditch, whereas my cousin took a direct hit and sent flying down the road. Would REALLY like to catch the coward that did this. No success by police as yet. Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes.

Thanks for the update...and rest assured, she is going to get more prayers.