Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Genesis GV70

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-21, 11:19 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
is that the 2.5T?
Yep.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...n=sbs&id=43423

Old 05-24-21, 12:42 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Pricing has been released, AWD is standard:

2.5T starts at $42,045
2.5T Select $46,045
2.5T Advanced $50,195
2.5T Sport Prestige $53,795

3.5T $53,645
3.5T Sport Advanced $58,645
3.5T Sport Prestige $63,545

Pricing is very close to Q5/SQ5 pricing

AWD cheaper than the base RWD GLC and X3
Old 05-24-21, 12:46 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

So about $10K cheaper than the GV80 across the board. About what I expected. My only gripe is that some of the options (like the HUD) aren't available unless you opt for the highest trim Sport Prestige package. I generally don't like a-la-carte options, but the packages should have been more carefully selected.
Old 05-24-21, 01:13 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Motorola
So about $10K cheaper than the GV80 across the board. About what I expected. My only gripe is that some of the options (like the HUD) aren't available unless you opt for the highest trim Sport Prestige package. I generally don't like a-la-carte options, but the packages should have been more carefully selected.
Audi puts HUD in the Q5 Prestige trims. Acura RDX HUD is only on top Advance. XC60 requires the Advanced Package, which, while available on the base Momentum, basically prices it up to an Inscription. BMW X3 does put theirs in the Premium Package which is nice I suppose.

Overall still good value and content for the $$$, every car has tradeoffs, I think the contenting and bundling is pretty competitive. Minimizing overall complexity makes it easier for the retailers (which this forum has beaten to death the challenges for Genesis retailers around the country) and also for the customers. Americans continue to prove that they'll buy what's in stock vs waiting/looking for a very precise configuration.
Old 05-24-21, 01:22 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pbm317
Audi puts HUD in the Q5 Prestige trims. Acura RDX HUD is only on top Advance. XC60 requires the Advanced Package, which, while available on the base Momentum, basically prices it up to an Inscription. BMW X3 does put theirs in the Premium Package which is nice I suppose.
The difference here though is that with these brands, you can equip these packages onto the cheaper 4 cylinder engines. You can't get a HUD in the GV70 4-cylinder no matter what option you pick, and that seems to be the way it is across all Genesis products. Same with the full digital gauge cluster.

I wish Genesis set up their trims like Audi, which also has few a-la-carte options, but offers equal levels of trim regardless of the engine you choose.
Old 05-24-21, 03:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,580 Posts

i assume this is being launched as a 2022, not 2021 as thread says.
edit: changed thread title

Last edited by bitkahuna; 05-25-21 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-25-21, 07:10 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

The difference here though is that with these brands, you can equip these packages onto the cheaper 4 cylinder engines. You can't get a HUD in the GV70 4-cylinder no matter what option you pick, and that seems to be the way it is across all Genesis products. Same with the full digital gauge cluster.

I wish Genesis set up their trims like Audi, which also has few a-la-carte options, but offers equal levels of trim regardless of the engine you choose.
That's unfortunate. Will probably see more of these "changes" during the lifecycle.
Old 05-30-21, 10:14 AM
roastpuff
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I managed to get a test drive in a GV70 as it is a candidate for my next vehicle, posted this in the Genesis Owners forum and I thought I'd share here too.

...I did my GV70 test drive this afternoon and I took a nice long test drive. The available model was a 3.5T Sport Plus in Adriatic Blue, which was an elegant colour. I have to say that it is a very impressive vehicle all-around.

The build quality, interior material choices, infotainment and general ergonomics are very good. This is a very impressive SUV by Genesis. I found the seat more comfortable than the X3 M40i seats, the Nappa leather was better (on par with the Individual Merino option), more surfaces had soft touch or leather covering them and the massaging function was quite nice. The steering wheel in the sport model was nice as well, meaty and nice to grip. The carpeted pockets and cubbies were a nice touch, which is lacking on the BMW (shame on them). The full opaque shade for the panoramic sunroof is nice, keeps the sun out when you don't want it.

The ride quality was very good. Well controlled over bumps (harder to find in Richmond unfortunately) and fairly well controlled body motions in general. Better than the M40i in comfort mode. The sport mode could use some more stiffness, there was a fair amount of body roll on the on-ramp that I took and the body motion control wasn't quite as good as the X3. Engine power was good, not super great. The V6 felt powerful but wasn't as eager or smooth as the BMW inline-6. The ZF 8-speed is still the transmission to beat but this is pretty good. Downshifts using the paddle were responsive. Good passing power on the highway.

The electronics and the infotainment is the star of the show here. The driving assists were excellent. Super impressed by the adaptive cruise, blind spot radars and lane keep assist. Very smooth and I felt very confident in them. A little beepier than expected. The 3D gauge cluster was better than expected, the way the depth looks is hard to show in pictures, and you really have to see it in person to understand it. The display showing the cars around you is super impressive, and I am so sad that it won't be in the non full digital cluster cars. The center infotainment screen is great as well, and the new iDrive style **** is much better than the iPod style in the GV80. Didn't listen much to the sound system but it sounded pretty good for the few songs that we listened to. Overall a very impressive vehicle.

Again, my reservation is the pricing... I know it's not quite apples to apples but CPO 2020 X3 M40i vehicles are starting to pop up around the high 60s in Canada and that's a very enticing proposition to me due to the better driving dynamics. I know the non-Sport Plus models are at 68k, but I want the digital gauge cluster after trying it. It's that impressive. Why did they only include it on the top model....ugh We'll see what the lease and finance rates are when they get announced... And we'll figure out what vehicle is in my future.

There was a silver and a red one that just arrived, Sport model (non Plus). The red is really nice... both inside and outside. Not a huge fan of the mesh fabric on the seat though.
Old 05-31-21, 07:17 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Thanks roastpuff! I think genesis is making the same mistake lexus has made and that's being utterly inflexible with option packaging. Only offering many very desirable features on the top trim is a mistake.

But it's a very nice vehicle from what i've read/seen.
Old 06-17-21, 03:35 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

The car is finally showing up at U.S. dealerships and reviews are trickling out, but I don't think the press embargo has been lifted yet as these are all dealer-sourced vehicles.

Old 06-17-21, 03:37 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm sure there's a cool story behind those wheels, but I'm not a fan
Old 06-17-21, 03:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,954 Posts

Hyundai/Genesis is making some WEIRD wheels right now. Truly bizarre.
Old 06-17-21, 03:51 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Hyundai/Genesis is making some WEIRD wheels right now. Truly bizarre.
The ones on the new G90 are... something else lol

Old 06-17-21, 04:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

The screen is so far away. Doesn’t look contemporary.

‘’the red stitching on the wheel is nice.
Old 06-17-21, 05:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,954 Posts

The ones on the new G90 are... something else lol
So bizarre

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

The screen is so far away. Doesn’t look contemporary.

‘’the red stitching on the wheel is nice.
Thats a wide angle shot, it wont feel that far away in person

Quick Reply: 2022 Genesis GV70