Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Class Fitment 2019 Show is the Last One

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-19, 02:51 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default First Class Fitment 2019 Show is the Last One

First Class Fitment 2019 Show is the Last One
By Brett Foote

While most car shows are growing and expanding each and every year, this one decided to call it quits after 10 years.
Old 10-17-19, 03:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

From the images, one thing they could definitely use at that show is a good wheel alignment technician. The camber on those wheels looks like it was done by monkeys.
Old 10-21-19, 04:41 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
From the images, one thing they could definitely use at that show is a good wheel alignment technician. The camber on those wheels looks like it was done by monkeys.
Ha ha ha! YES.

That said, sad to hear about this show ending. But it's cool nothing bad happened, and it's ending on a high note.
Old 10-22-19, 06:26 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Lol, do you shake your fist at rap music too? I know a lot of thought and research goes into the reviews that you write and post in Car Chat, so I know you know that their wheel camber is out of spec on purpose. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but it's car culture - it's not "wrong", and there's nothing to "fix".
Old 10-22-19, 06:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Lol, do you shake your fist at rap music too?
If you must know, no...I don't even listen to it.

I know a lot of thought and research goes into the reviews that you write and post in Car Chat, so I know you know that their wheel camber is out of spec on purpose.
It's fine if you don't agree with it, but it's car culture - it's not "wrong", and there's nothing to "fix".
I occasionally see cars on the street running around like that (fortunately, not too often), wearing out the inside of the tires and compromising the traction/footprint of the tire. If they do that at the shows on purpose, fine.......but to be honest, I have no idea why. I fail to see how a car is "cool" when it looks like the Jolly Green Giant is sitting on it, adding tons of extra weight, pushing it down and bulging the wheels out sideways LOL.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-22-19 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-22-19, 07:13 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I occasionally see cars on the street running around like that (fortunately, not too often), wearing out the inside of the tires and compromising the traction/footprint of the tire. If they do that at the shows on purpose, fine.......but to e honest, I have no idea why. I fail to see how a car is "cool" when it looks like the Jolly Green Giant is sitting on it, adding tons of extra weight, pushing it down and bulging the wheels out sideways LOL.
Lol, believe me, I share mostly the same view on these cars as you do. I understand lowering a car to make it appear more athletic, but you'll never see me driving a car spec'd as extremely as the ones at these shows. With that said, even though it doesn't appeal to my personal taste, I can respect the amount of work that goes into these builds, and the desire to stand out from the crowd.

To each his own, and all that.
Old 10-25-19, 05:11 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen a car like this on the street. I feel like I'd remember.