Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best Automotive (Salesperson) CEO of all time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-19, 03:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Extremely bad for you, and just something you're better off not even trying.
Old 10-22-19, 03:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I know a life long friend who is a drug addict. She is a girlfriend of mine. Has a full-time job. Was a single mom. Has a full-grown child. I have known for almost 30 years that she dabbles on and off from coke. She does all kinds of other stuff too, but cocaine is her fav. She told me she feels great doing it. Like she is on top of the world like nothing affects her. (but the opposite is that crash) I was astonished to find out how many people do it (that I know) from my connection to her, all walks of life. That said, the behavior consequences (after the fact) are extraordinary. Health concerns are legit. We have discussed her usage plenty of times, it comes and goes, goes away for years. comes back here and there. I have only seen it once in my life, was in the same room and it was on a plate, I honestly can't believe how many people were doing it that evening. I could probably obtain it within 30 minutes if I wanted it. Her description is that she has tried to replicate that initial use for her whole life, that very first time was like a right of passage for her.

Your friend (hopefully) is not an auto-executive or CEO.

Still, exec or not, cocaine addiction is a very serious matter....there are reasons why it is illegal. I will pray for her, that she gets over it.

Anyhow, as bit says, back on track.

Here's an interesting video on how to start and drive the car that Henry made famous. He himself probably couldn't have explained it any better.

Needless to say, it is considerably more involved than today's simple push-buttons and pedals. The electric starter itself (courtesy of Cadillac) was not invented until 1912...and Ford did not adopt it until much later.

Henry Ford was a firm believer in making a car with as few moving parts as possible, and stuck with the Model T for some 20 years.......although, of course, that philosophy did not make for a lot of comfort or convenience for the driver or occupants.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-22-19 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-22-19, 08:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend, but i asked to stay on track, not on crack.

closed.