Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New 3 Speed AUTO HVAC for Lincoln

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 09:34 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Correct, every system I've ever had makes those selections.

Its becoming more common, my GS350 did. LS460 does not but LS500 does. You'll see some cars have a humidity sensor at the top of the windshield that detects when moisture has built up on the glass and activates the defroster. I've found as long as the system is set to AUTO I never have any issues with fogging windows.

Here's an excerpt from the ES manual:

Nice. I'm about to go cross-eyed with this thread but on Auto your windows shouldn't fog up anyway as the A/C compressor is removing the humidity.

IDK. My car is always garaged and my windows never fog up so I guess it's (the car or the garage, or both) doing its job.

Jill, one thing I will say is that it takes a second to adjust for heat (not a/c) if your car is garaged. It was bitter, bitter cold here last week (18 degrees) and there is a delay before the car recognizes how cold outside it is. But it's a minimal delay, and the car isn't cold inside because it's garaged, so it's NBD. Thank god for garages when it's very cold or hot outside.
Old 11-21-19, 10:51 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
If I want defrost or defrost plus floor heat I have to manually adjust for that, but I still leave it on auto so it will blow the right temperature.
?
So that is very different to mine I can’t select defroster without the system going out of AUTO mode. Any touching of the system goes into manual. Only temp you can touch. My system will figure out defrost and even close the vent on its own

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 11-21-19 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-21-19, 10:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
So that is very different to mine I can’t select defroster without the system going out of AUTO mode. Any touching of the system goes into manual. Only temp you can touch.
You can’t on his either. Defrost will override auto on all Toyota units.
Old 11-21-19, 11:05 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I'm officially brain-dead with this thread for now, I hardly slept last night, like nothing. I'm starting to get really fuzzy and cracked out feeling lol from lack of sleep.

I wish we could all meet for cars and coffee (yet not pull Mustang exits). We could fool around with the auto climate control until the cows come home lol.

(And by god if it would kill me I would switch one person over to use Auto. But I can't even with my own spouse so nevermind, lol.)
Old 11-21-19, 11:08 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

(And by god if it would kill me I would switch one person over to use Auto. But I can't even with my own spouse so nevermind, lol.)
Why is she against AUTO? You maybe have said it, but I either missed it or have forgotten
Old 11-21-19, 11:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

I'm officially brain-dead with this thread for now, I hardly slept last night, like nothing. I'm starting to get really fuzzy and cracked out feeling lol from lack of sleep.

I wish we could all meet for cars and coffee (yet not pull Mustang exits). We could fool around with the auto climate control until the cows come home lol.

Im in! Haha
Old 11-21-19, 12:48 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Why is she against AUTO? You maybe have said it, but I either missed it or have forgotten

"Blah blah blah blah I like to control it." (I'm not mocking you, but my spouse...) I've given up. Like I said we will jokingly take that disagreement to our graves. That little IS350 has killer air, too. The fan speed is very fast combined with the small interior. I wish I could switch it out with an early 90's Toyota pickup truck manual A/C control panel (or something cheap and dinky) and see what's what then.