Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Highlander

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-21, 02:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Toyota is actually recovering better than any other manufacturer.
Which has nothing to do with what he was saying. He was saying that the Hybrid Highlander has a longer on lot time than the gas Highlander, thus for the Highlander the Hybrid model doesnt seem to be the driving force behind the Highlander's success.
Old 06-28-21, 02:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Which has nothing to do with what he was saying. He was saying that the Hybrid Highlander has a longer on lot time than the gas Highlander, thus for the Highlander the Hybrid model doesnt seem to be the driving force behind the Highlander's success.
Means nothing that the days on lot are longer. Fact is, the highlander had a record in may. And hybrid significantly contributed to that record.
Old 06-28-21, 02:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Means nothing that the days on lot are longer. Fast is, the highlander had a record in may. And hybrid significantly contributed to that record.
Well, he's an auto journalist with access to these numbers and you aren't. I'll listen to him.
Old 06-28-21, 02:19 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Well, he's an auto journalist with access to these numbers and you aren't. I'll listen to him.
You do not need to be a auto journalist to notice that the Highlander had record sales figures. Toyota clearly made the right choice for the Highlander in regards to the power train, and design of the model. Without the hybrid, the Highlander would not sell as well

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-28-21 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-28-21, 03:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Nobody is saying it hasn't had record sales figures. He says the hybrid powertrain isn't the driver of those record sales figures, you say it is. Thats the disagreement. If the hybrid powertrain were what was driving buyers to the Highlander you would see higher share and lower inventory rates for the hybrid, and you don't. He has data you don't have.

Buyers are buying the Highlander for reasons other than it having its hybrid model is his point.
Old 06-28-21, 03:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Nobody is saying it hasn't had record sales figures. He says the hybrid powertrain isn't the driver of those record sales figures, you say it is. Thats the disagreement. If the hybrid powertrain were what was driving buyers to the Highlander you would see higher share and lower inventory rates for the hybrid, and you don't. He has data you don't have.

Buyers are buying the Highlander for reasons other than it having its hybrid model is his point.
Then you are both wrong. The longer days on the lot for the hybrid is not relevant.
Old 06-28-21, 03:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Like I said, he's got the data and you don't so I will listen to him.

Its not logical to say the driving reason why the Highlander is so successful is the hybrid when the majority of them that sell are not hybrids and the hybrid is the slowest model to sell. That doesnt make sense, things that are more in demand sell more quickly, not more slowly.
Old 06-28-21, 03:52 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Like I said, he's got the data and you don't so I will listen to him.

Its not logical to say the driving reason why the Highlander is so successful is the hybrid when the majority of them that sell are not hybrids and the hybrid is the slowest model to sell.
If you remove the hybrid sales figures from the total numbers, Highlander in 2021 1st quarter would be slight up in sales over last year….even though there was a shutdown. Without the new hybrid offering, Highlander would not have set a record for the month of may. Highlander hybrid numbers are increasing more than the gas models. Days on the lot are just a little longer
Old 06-28-21, 03:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You're assuming none of those buyers would have bought a Highlander anyways if it wasn't offered in a hybrid, and my guess is most of them would have anyways.

It setting a record for one month doesnt mean anything. By that logic if they didnt offer a certain trim it wouldnt have set the record so every trim is clearly the driving force behind the success of the vehicle as a whole.

The hybrid CONTRIBUTES to the Highlander's success, but its clearly not the main reason or driving force for its success.
Old 06-28-21, 03:56 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

You're assuming none of those buyers would have bought a Highlander anyways if it wasn't offered in a hybrid, and my guess is most of them would have anyways.
I don’t think they would have. I think Highlander gas would have decreased in sales or stayed the same. Would not have set a record.

Old 06-28-21, 03:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm gonna take my own advice:

Like I said to someone else, you have the data, we know you're right. Some people you're never gonna convince.
Old 06-28-21, 03:59 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I'm gonna take my own advice:
That’s fine.

Look at Palisade. Sales are on the decline for two straight months…after setting a record..doubt they will increase without a more fuel efficient variant . All of Toyota’s growth is coming from the hybrid offerings

Quick Reply: 2020 Highlander