Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Quietly Makes Major V8 Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-19, 02:24 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wallie3145
I hope Lexus uses this engine in it's lineup. Put it in every vehicle that it can fit in the bay. Make F Sport mean something.
F-Sport never meant anything, its appearance junk. F is what is supposed to mean something following the model designation. IS-F, RC-F, GS-F, now hopefully we get an LC-F and LS-F
Old 12-16-19, 02:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LOWFAST
F-Sport never meant anything, its appearance junk.
Depends on the model. Sometimes the F-Sport package comes with a more sport-oriented tires/suspension that improves handling, but can firm up the ride.
Old 12-16-19, 02:50 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Depends on the model. Sometimes the F-Sport package comes with a more sport-oriented tires/suspension that improves handling, but can firm up the ride.
According to Lexus yes I agree with you, in real world testing the difference from the base model are so minute they are not worth discussing. It would have been nice if the F-Sports really were sportier with the some of the Lexus sport parts & pieces added like the bigger brakes and at least an exhaust and intake for a few extra HP. The real outcome are a bunch of uneducated folks who believe their F-sport is the same as a true F model. Trust me I have been parked next to may of them at the gas pump. "Hey I have one of those IS-Fs too", look over and its an F-Sport, "Yep, okay bud."
Old 12-16-19, 03:48 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

The LC-F with the twin turbo V8 was planned to launch in late 2019 as 2020MY.
It has been pushed back possibly for good.

This V8 TT will never see light of day most likely.
Old 12-16-19, 04:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

all these rumors on lexus drivetrain i am just going to wait till i actually see it. mb and bmw have had tt v8 for so long, just so much for lexus to catch up to keep their cars interesting to enthusiasts
Old 12-16-19, 09:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roa...f-nurburgring/

Lexus Is Going to Test a New Twin-Turbo V-8 at the Nürburgring 24

Lexus announced today that it will bring an updated version of its LC race car to the 2020 Nürburgring 24 Hour race. This is especially newsworthy because the car will pack a newly developed twin-turbo V-8, which the company says will eventually make its way to its road car lineup.
Old 12-16-19, 09:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

A better source and more info
Old 12-17-19, 10:12 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
all these rumors on lexus drivetrain i am just going to wait till i actually see it. mb and bmw have had tt v8 for so long, just so much for lexus to catch up to keep their cars interesting to enthusiasts
MB and BMW have had TT V8s for almost 10 years now. They are now on the 2nd gen and 3gen of those motors. Not to mention the various versions of other TT V8s they use on M and AMG cars.

To me Lexus is not true competition anymore and it shows how far back they are now. That’s why i think they figure its better just to waive the white flag and give up.
Old 12-17-19, 12:47 PM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I would not overhype this. It seems obvious that Lexus has developed this engine to fit in an endurance serie LC. And the communiqué is clear about that, it will be used on road cars too. The LCF or so will going to have that. Whatever, I don't believe this engine will leave this car. I would be surprised if they use it in the Lexus RCF though. If they are really smart, they will actually tailor a NA 4L V8 for the RCF, that will fit the lighter and smaller car he will become in the next generation... but this is just me dreaming.

We didn't even talked about the probability of many countries banning ICE engines, an economic crisis bowling in the USA that will be way more desastrous than the subprime crisis, and this strange psychological illness that the public has to hate about everything Toyota makes when they are making a good car, and slowly growing to love it when it's no more produced.
Old 12-17-19, 02:31 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

^
Waiting 5-6 years into the LC Model lifecycle to bring in the LC-F variant makes it DOA even if it has 800hp.

Lexus management and Marketing is killing their best made vehicle.

LC-F will come out as 2023 MY and will be underpowered and overpriced. Nobody will buy it and there will be no 2nd gen. F models need to come 1 year after standard models. Thats what the target consumer from MB BMW Porsche expect! Lexus has no consistency with the rollout of models and the sub variants; yet they expect somebody to pay $180-200k for the LC-F? Good luck
Old 12-17-19, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
MB and BMW have had TT V8s for almost 10 years now. They are now on the 2nd gen and 3gen of those motors. Not to mention the various versions of other TT V8s they use on M and AMG cars.

To me Lexus is not true competition anymore and it shows how far back they are now. That’s why i think they figure its better just to waive the white flag and give up.
hate to say but that's what i feel too. i felt they left the race 10 years ago and just started to focus on making common cars that sell
Old 12-18-19, 03:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

At some point it would be good to stop with the nonsense.

They announce upcoming tt v8 and you are posting how they gave up on it? How does that compute?

Wave a white flag and give up? What?
Old 12-18-19, 03:24 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hate to say but that's what i feel too. i felt they left the race 10 years ago and just started to focus on making common cars that sell
As supposed to Germans focusing on having 15 SUVs in their lineup, with a lot more FWD vehicles than before?
Old 12-18-19, 05:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

negative nancy much. BTW BMW is charging 100k+ for a car that looks just like a mustang. Dont care if a 8 series is faster, LC is far better designed
Old 12-18-19, 07:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
negative nancy much. BTW BMW is charging 100k+ for a car that looks just like a mustang. Dont care if a 8 series is faster, LC is far better designed
on this i agree!

Quick Reply: Lexus Quietly Makes Major V8 Announcement