Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

All new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-19, 06:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
That's a much better interior shot. Looks great. I would miss the column shifter though lol but it's dead and I'm being nostalgic.
Here is what I suspect is the High Country Interior

Old 12-10-19, 07:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

That's a much better interior shot. Looks great. I would miss the column shifter though lol but it's dead and I'm being nostalgic.

The engines were fine, no need to do anything. The 6.2 is by far the best engine to have in this segment IMO.

And yes I bet the Yukon and Denali interiors are even better and the Escalade I'm sure will be amazing. The last one was pretty darn good.
The column shifter deletion is ok, there is so much other stuff to like to make up for it. Not loving the Z71 front end. But the sides look amazing. Happy it keeps its body on frame roots. IRS is ok, solid axle is good for the workhorse crowd.

I hope they get the Escalade right.
Old 12-10-19, 07:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

cannot believe how high that hood line is.

if it's only that high so they can have a ludicrous tall "wall of grille" that's really pathetic.
Old 12-10-19, 07:59 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

reading the press release. Wow. A diesel option available. 9 cameras.
Old 12-10-19, 07:59 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

I like it.
Old 12-10-19, 08:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
cannot believe how high that hood line is.

if it's only that high so they can have a ludicrous tall "wall of grille" that's really pathetic.
Not sure if that's just the case. First, you need a good-sized engine compartment, with a relatively high hood, for that big 6.2L V8 to fit in and have some room for air to circulate around it. Even the ponycar Dodge Challenger, which also has the option of big Hemis, has a relatively large engine compartment for them. Second, in an impact, a high front-end like that lessens the chances of pedestrians or deer getting tossed up on the hood and/or back into the windshield. That happened to a friend of mine (with a deer) with a relatively new minivan, totaling it and injuring his wife riding with him (fortunately not serious...just some stitches) when the airbag didn't deploy because the deer somehow avoided the bag-sensors.
Old 12-10-19, 09:26 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The first image with the blacked out front end is horrendous, haven't they learned from the Silverado not selling well?

I should know what terrible looking front ends look like, I own a current generation RX.
Old 12-10-19, 11:56 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

The Z71 looks like it's ready to tip over. I hope GM sorts out high-speed accident maneuvers before releasing it to the public. I smell future problems.
The other models are ho-hum. The wheel-well cutouts are too small for the size and height of the body. And the top, rear greenhouse does not line up well with the mid and frontal parts. Should have just made it the same line from front to back. C-pillar is also needlessly messy and overdone. There's two, thick, solid surfaces there, like the last generation Camry.
If that is the Escalade, they really dulled it. Bad for the blingers, but better for mommies and seniors.

Old 12-11-19, 12:20 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The Z71 looks like it's ready to tip over. I hope GM sorts out high-speed accident maneuvers before releasing it to the public. I smell future problems.
The other models are ho-hum. The wheel-well cutouts are too small for the size and height of the body. And the top, rear greenhouse does not line up well with the mid and frontal parts. Should have just made it the same line from front to back. C-pillar is also needlessly messy and overdone. There's two, thick, solid surfaces there, like the last generation Camry.
If that is the Escalade, they really dulled it. Bad for the blingers, but better for mommies and seniors.
I just can't see Cadillac doing that to its most popular model. I pray it doesn't. I think the current Escalade, even now almost 6 years old, with its slab sides, aggressive front facia with the teardrop DRLs and crazy high LED vertical taillamps, is one of the sharpest vehicles on the road. These things have road presence that's hard to match. Surely to God GM wouldn't neuter one of its most popular products like this.
Old 12-11-19, 12:50 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I just can't see Cadillac doing that to its most popular model. I pray it doesn't. I think the current Escalade, even now almost 6 years old, with its slab sides, aggressive front facia with the teardrop DRLs and crazy high LED vertical taillamps, is one of the sharpest vehicles on the road. These things have road presence that's hard to match. Surely to God GM wouldn't neuter one of its most popular products like this.
Anything is possible when it comes to GM these days. We'll have to wait till we see an official rendition before going to town on it.

Old 12-11-19, 04:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
those are fake images from a russian website.
Old 12-11-19, 04:46 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Not sure if that's just the case. First, you need a good-sized engine compartment, with a relatively high hood, for that big 6.2L V8 to fit in and have some room for air to circulate around it.
They put a big V8 in Corvettes. So no, you don't need a 'relatively high hood' and certainly not one as stupidly high as this.
Old 12-11-19, 04:59 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

good improvement for the interiors, still not as good as Rams though. Boggles the mind why they didnt do this from the beginning? Im glad they got rid of the stupid column shifter and went with electronic buttons. The new screen is a 10" but for some reason it looks a LOT smaller than the Rams. How is someone suppose to reach to the far right side of the screen to use it? That is why when the screens get larger, portrait orientation is better. I even have minor issues reaching the far right side of the Rams screen and im 5'9 with long arms. What about someone smaller than me? IRS is definitely the way to go for these family carriers - smoother ride, better handling, and more interior space than SRA

I hope the escalade does not look like that, would kill it with a boring generic look
Old 12-11-19, 06:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
those are fake images from a russian website.

They are from https://www.autoevolution.com

They put a big V8 in Corvettes. So no, you don't need a 'relatively high hood' and certainly not one as stupidly high as this.

And some Corvettes have had overheating problems.
Old 12-11-19, 07:00 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

thats because of lack of airflow from its front fascia not the hood height. They put bigger maws on the ZL1 and ZR1 for this

Quick Reply: All new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe