Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

All new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-19, 07:25 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

2021 escalade, stick with the navigator

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-cadill...-lo-1840357470
Old 12-11-19, 07:28 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 390 Likes on 264 Posts

Looks like GM borrowed some roofline styling cues from their friends at Ford (who borrowed them from Land Rover). Everything other than the Z71 just looks like a minor refresh to me- I don't care for the Z71 at all in photos but will hold final judgement until seeing it in person. Interior looks nice. These always sell well, so I don't see anything changing.
Old 12-11-19, 09:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
which in the article, says:

That’s exactly how Kolesa.ru has imagined the newcomer

And some Corvettes have had overheating problems.
because they were driven on tracks and weren't the z06/z08 versions, but the point is, the engine isn't that big.

Old 12-11-19, 09:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

comment from jalopnik...

If I take off my glasses and have my wife punch me in one eye, the new Chevy's really don't look that bad.
Old 12-11-19, 09:35 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Whoever designed this abomination needs to be tried for crimes against humanity.
Old 12-11-19, 09:57 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Not sure if that's just the case. First, you need a good-sized engine compartment, with a relatively high hood, for that big 6.2L V8 to fit in and have some room for air to circulate around it. Even the ponycar Dodge Challenger, which also has the option of big Hemis, has a relatively large engine compartment for them. Second, in an impact, a high front-end like that lessens the chances of pedestrians or deer getting tossed up on the hood and/or back into the windshield. That happened to a friend of mine (with a deer) with a relatively new minivan, totaling it and injuring his wife riding with him (fortunately not serious...just some stitches) when the airbag didn't deploy because the deer somehow avoided the bag-sensors.
The 6.2 is the same physical size as the 5.3
Old 12-11-19, 10:54 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
2021 escalade, stick with the navigator

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-cadill...-lo-1840357470
Very, very disappointed with this.

They completely castrated it-- it's lost its bling factor and doesn't look special anymore. I'm sure they'll still sell as many as they can build but I sure don't want one just for the looks anymore.

Let's hope they don't neuter the Denali as well. Those also look great in current form IMO.
Old 12-11-19, 11:51 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AJT123
Very, very disappointed with this.

They completely castrated it-- it's lost its bling factor and doesn't look special anymore. I'm sure they'll still sell as many as they can build but I sure don't want one just for the looks anymore.

Let's hope they don't neuter the Denali as well. Those also look great in current form IMO.
To my eyes, all they did is reshape the headlights and used a different material for the grille... They also (apparently) ditched the rear tail lights going so high vertically. As with my comments on the Tahoe pics, this just looks like a mid-cycle refresh to me (think of a 2009 LS vs a 2010 LS or a 2003 LS vs. 2004 LS). The headlight design looks much better to me - sleeker, kinda like what Infiniti did on the QX80, and I actually like what they've done to the grille and area below the grille. From the side it looks basically the same, but the roof line is more Range Rover (a good thing IMO). Overall, I think this will look sharp in person.

I think this is one that you'll grow to like and once you see it on the road it will have the same level of presence as the existing generation that you seem to like.
Old 12-11-19, 12:02 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
To my eyes, all they did is reshape the headlights and used a different material for the grille... They also (apparently) ditched the rear tail lights going so high vertically. As with my comments on the Tahoe pics, this just looks like a mid-cycle refresh to me (think of a 2009 LS vs a 2010 LS or a 2003 LS vs. 2004 LS). The headlight design looks much better to me - sleeker, kinda like what Infiniti did on the QX80, and I actually like what they've done to the grille and area below the grille. From the side it looks basically the same, but the roof line is more Range Rover (a good thing IMO). Overall, I think this will look sharp in person.

I think this is one that you'll grow to like and once you see it on the road it will have the same level of presence as the existing generation that you seem to like.
I hope so. I don't think it looks bad, but I don't really like it as of now. Like I said it looks like they cut its ***** off. Very watered down.
Old 12-11-19, 12:12 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

I hope so. I don't think it looks bad, but I don't really like it as of now. Like I said it looks like they cut its ***** off. Very watered down.
You're seeing more things than me. To me it looks like the same shell of parts, just updated (and the grille actually looks to be borrowing from Acura's 3D approach to their grilles). They extended the reach of the grille to actually touch the headlights. Side-by-side I'd take the new one any day. It already makes the 2019 look dated..!

Old 12-11-19, 12:23 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

You're seeing more things than me. To me it looks like the same shell of parts, just updated (and the grille actually looks to be borrowing from Acura's 3D approach to their grilles). They extended the reach of the grille to actually touch the headlights. Side-by-side I'd take the new one any day. It already makes the 2019 look dated..!

I can't agree with this. This new Slade is way too feminine for my tastes. (Not that there's anything wrong with femininity, but it doesn't belong on an Escalade.)
Old 12-11-19, 12:29 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

I can't agree with this. This new Slade is way too feminine for my tastes. (Not that there's anything wrong with femininity, but it doesn't belong on an Escalade.)
So interesting. It actually looks more aggressive to me - looks like it sits higher, bigger, sleeker, and more aggressive headlights and grille. To each their own!
Old 12-11-19, 12:31 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

So interesting. It actually looks more aggressive to me - looks like it sits higher, bigger, sleeker, and more aggressive headlights and grille. To each their own!
Lol for sure. To me, this looks like a crossover grocery getter now instead of the king of bling which is what it's known for.

Believe me though if I end up liking it after a while I will say so.
Old 12-11-19, 04:38 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

MT article, first ride. Interesting we see no tow ratings yet, but a full size adult said he was comfortable in the 3rd row, so that's good. Regardless they will sell every single one of these they can make-- GM has always dominated this market.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...t-ride-review/
Old 12-11-19, 06:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

MT article, first ride. Interesting we see no tow ratings yet, but a full size adult said he was comfortable in the 3rd row, so that's good. Regardless they will sell every single one of these they can make-- GM has always dominated this market.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...t-ride-review/
I agree. They should do well. The Escalade interior has leaked, so not so sure about it.

Quick Reply: All new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe