Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Complete Lease Offers Subscription-Style Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-19, 02:17 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Lexus Complete Lease Offers Subscription-Style Ownership

Lexus Complete Lease Offers Subscription-Style Ownership
By Brett Foote

Many automakers are changing the way we own cars, and now Lexus has a nifty all-in-one solution for UX buyers.
Old 12-17-19, 06:05 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

For the leasing faithful. This type of program makes sense. I truly wonder if you save money (I doubt it) but it makes life a bitter easy and getting things done quicker. Lexus did a clever thing by adding the maintenance in their as well, this way its not free like the way BMW does it
Old 12-17-19, 06:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I truly wonder if you save money (I doubt it) but it makes life a bitter easy and getting things done quicker.
Lexus probably wouldn't offer it if they didn't expect to make money on it. One good thing about this program, IMO, is that you are at least getting a better-driving vehicle than its larger and more expensive NX brother. The UX interior may be cramped, and have a couple of poorly-designed controls, but, on the road, it is surprisingly comfortable for its size. I was not impressed at all with the NX's road manners.
Old 12-17-19, 07:04 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

For the leasing faithful. This type of program makes sense. I truly wonder if you save money (I doubt it) but it makes life a bitter easy and getting things done quicker. Lexus did a clever thing by adding the maintenance in their as well, this way its not free like the way BMW does it
If its one thing I've learned, nothing is EVER free. Not a single person cares in your benefit in Corporate, it's all about the money.

Even though BMW offers BMW Ultimate Care at no cost, it is definitely somehow, somewhere added into the pricing of the vehicles. But I do appreciate the services offered for 'free' since I would've paid the 50k for the vehicle regardless if the service was covered or not. It was just an added plus point for me since it includes most services I'd get anyways (apart from brakes sadly and a few other items they stopped offering).

BMW Ultimate Care is for 3 years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first for all MY17+ vehicles.
  • Engine Oil
  • Engine Filter
  • Brake Fluid
  • Cabin Micro Filter(s)
  • Engine Air Filter(s)
  • Spark Plugs
  • Remote Control/Key Battery
  • Vehicle Check
  • Fuel Filter (Diesel engines only)

I think Lexus should add some sort of 'free' maintenance to keep up, it'd be a nice addition for having purchased a luxury vehicle, just my opinion. From the article I read here, seems like they are implementing some positive changes for the large and ever increasing leasing market.
Old 12-17-19, 07:08 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Lexus probably wouldn't offer it if they didn't expect to make money on it. One good thing about this program, IMO, is that you are at least getting a better-driving vehicle than its larger and more expensive NX brother. The UX interior may be cramped, and have a couple of poorly-designed controls, but, on the road, it is surprisingly comfortable for its size. I was not impressed at all with the NX's road manners.
I remember when I had a NX loaner, it was awful... Then I had an RX 350 loaner and wow, what a difference it was. That was a REAL SUV. The NX is just an inflated balloon sedan lol. Never checked the number of how many sell in comparison to their other vehicles, but I'd expect it to be pretty low.
Old 12-17-19, 07:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Yeah BMW maintenance isn’t free lol, it’s included.
Old 12-17-19, 07:43 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Correct. A good reminder. It used to be for 4 years and included some additional services like brakes, wiper blades and a couple of other things.
Old 12-17-19, 07:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Correct. A good reminder. It used to be for 4 years and included some additional services like brakes, wiper blades and a couple of other things.
Still 4 years in Canada. I doubt they lowered the price on the models from the 4 years to 3 years.
Old 12-17-19, 07:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Still 4 years in Canada. I doubt they lowered the price on the models from the 4 years to 3 years.
I believe you'd be correct.
Old 12-17-19, 07:52 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Included in the price of the vehicle lol
Old 12-17-19, 07:54 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I believe you'd be correct.
MY16 and below still have 4 years with the wiper blades and brakes and a few other things which I'm sure you are aware of.
MY17+ it has changed to what I listed above supposedly due to owners abusing the included maintenance.