Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tesla stock on an absolute tear (C'mon haters!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-20, 01:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Other companies are allowed to have financial challenges not Tesla. Also Elon Musk smoked dope live on Youtube.

For me, in addition to all his other eccentricities, that was the last straw. I'm a firm opponent of casual (non-medical) use of marijuana. When he did that, in my book, he lost all credibility, and probably my chance of buying one of his products as long as he is CEO. I will, however (obviously, from my posts) discuss his products and the company itself.
Old 01-04-20, 01:25 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
For me, in addition to all his other eccentricities, that was the last straw. I'm a firm opponent of casual (non-medical) use of marijuana. When he did that, in my book, he lost all credibility, and probably my chance of buying one of his products as long as he is CEO. I will, however (obviously, from my posts) discuss his products and the company itself.
You realize Jobs was a proponent of using LSD and used marijuana quite frequently. I guess you shouldn't buy Apple products either as he invented just about everything they sell.
Old 01-04-20, 01:43 PM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
You realize Jobs was a proponent of using LSD and used marijuana quite frequently. I guess you shouldn't buy Apple products either as he invented just about everything they sell.
Don't forget that Henry Ford was an ardent anti-semite, who used his ownership of the Dearborn Independent to publish a continuous string of propaganda about how "Bankers" and "The Jews" were responsible for the then-modern atrocities of world wars, jazz music and short skirts. Every week for several years it carried a front page story entitled “The International Jew: The World’s Problem”.

No question that makes Ford a far bigger douchebag than Musk could ever aspire to be. But in both cases, the cars are just fine.
Old 01-04-20, 01:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EZZ
Jobs is not around any longer. One can now buy his products (which, BTW, I happen to like very much) without any concerns about his personal life.

I have both an Apple MacBook and an I-Phone 7, BTW.

Jobs, as it was announced passed away somewhat prematurely, from pancreatic cancer. I can't say for sure if frequent use of marijuana caused or contributed to his cancer, but we lost two employees at my former office to premature cancer...both were heavy pot-smokers.

Anyhow, back to thread-topic Musk: Hopefully, Musk is not a heavy-user of the stuff, which will increase the prospects of a longer life for him.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-04-20 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-04-20, 02:11 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,061 Likes on 2,573 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
There is a whole whack of music you CANNOT listen to because the musicians did drugs many of them heavy drugs and frequently. We're talking about some of the best band and music ever, but nope can't listen.
Old 01-04-20, 02:19 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 236 Likes on 198 Posts

Smoking weed on TV was a dumb move for his shareholders, I agree.

But there's nothing wrong with actually smoking weed.
Old 01-04-20, 02:27 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Smoking weed on TV was a dumb move for his shareholders, I agree.

I agree. It's his life and legal where he resides.
Old 01-04-20, 03:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

There is a whole whack of music you CANNOT listen to because the musicians did drugs many of them heavy drugs and frequently. We're talking about some of the best band and music ever, but nope can't listen.
Who has time for the music world? If you do, fine.....my life is centered around other things.

I agree that the secular music industry, particularly in Hollywood (and possibly Nashville, for country music) has a big drug and alcohol problem. But, anyhow, they aren't designing vehicles that you place your life on. And they certainly don't get rich with my $$$$$....Musk won't, either.
Old 01-04-20, 05:19 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,061 Likes on 2,573 Posts

You don't listen to music? Give me a break. I'm done discussing this with you, you're extremely irrational when it comes to Tesla.
Old 01-04-20, 05:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You don't listen to music? Give me a break. I'm done discussing this with you, you're extremely irrational when it comes to Tesla.

For the most part, no....I don't have time for it. And that's my lifestyle, not yours.....no reason for you to ask for a break. And you are incorrect. I am not irrational about Tesla itself....they produce some excellent things, particularly in electric drive trains. I simply don't care for Musk and his lifestyle....and that's my prerogative.

If you are still done discussing it, have a nice evening.
Old 01-04-20, 05:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Come to Canada. Makes no sense that it is illegal anymore. When I cross the border, I just realize how dumb it is to have laws against it.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 01-04-20 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-04-20, 06:10 PM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Gigafactory 4 Is now on deck to be making model 3 and y’s by July 2021 in Germany. 3k per week each.

every 18 months a new one pops up. This potentially means globally 1 million production rate in 2022 when cybertruck is about to launch it into stratosphere.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-euro...tion-2021/amp/
Old 01-04-20, 06:18 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 236 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Come to Canada. Makes no sense that it is illegal anymore. When I cross the border, I just realize how dumb it is to have laws against it.
Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Oh I know...I'm coming up in the spring while we go to Rochester to see family...finally have my passport. Believe me I'll be getting some.

I don't want to get too much into this off topic subject and have everything deleted, but yes, you are 10000000 billion% right.

That's literally the only thing about California I miss...the legal weed.

You guys up there doing it likely will ensure it becoming legal here nationwide faster, so thanks to Canada and you guys for voting on it.

Musk should have thought better though than to do it on live TV (which I had no problem with), for his shareholders' sake. Not everyone is on board with it yet.
Old 01-04-20, 06:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I've seen too many people get cancer from both tobacco and marijuana smoking to fall for that "There's nothing wrong with it" line. But I agree with AJT123.....I'm not going to discuss it in this thread any more, lest the posts (or the thread) get deleted.

Back to Tesla stock (the OP), if anyone is interested, it closed at 443 yesterday.......today, of course, the markets were closed.
Old 01-04-20, 06:38 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

THC can be taken as a legal pill. Or as a cookie or gummie. A spray. A lozenger. All legal and regulated.

Back to Tesla. The brand is sold all over the world. Most of the developed countries aside from the US could care less and see right through Musk smoking weed or whatever he says. The new generation is quite tolerant of a less traditional corporate leader. People just want to drive their Tesla and see the company do well. Good for Tesla that their stock is at that level, I hope they make it in the long run.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 01-05-20 at 05:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Tesla stock on an absolute tear (C'mon haters!)