Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Lexus ads appearing in magazines

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-20, 02:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by All4Lexus
B) A larger 3 row SUV that is an upgrade path from GX/RXL. Compete with the BMW X5, X7 & Audi Q5, Q7, Q8
Eventually replace the RX using proven tech from these products. If they do options A & B effectively as an upgrade path from RX/GS/GX/RXL, it will bring into question whether they need to continue the RX line up. Refreshing the UX/NX can bring things up to date in a full 360 aware sensor vehicle with some autonomous capabilities.
Interesting post. I think Lexus is in a unique situation (unlike BMW or Audi) but closer to General Motors and maybe Mercedes. Lexus kind of serves to different demographics, I have seen some reports show that Lexus and BMW have the same average household incomes of $125K, but Lexus also has some demographics such as LX buyers that hit $350K. Lexus also has to appeal to the Toyota buyer which will always serve as the gateway to Lexus.

No doubt a big crossover is coming for Lexus...I just hope they keep their formula for the LX which is based off the Land Cruiser. Mercedes can have a large crossover as well as body on frame SUV, so Lexus can as well.

Old 01-06-20, 02:28 PM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Interesting post. I think Lexus is in a unique situation (unlike BMW or Audi) but closer to General Motors and maybe Mercedes. Lexus kind of serves to different demographics, I have seen some reports show that Lexus and BMW have the same average household incomes of $125K, but Lexus also has some demographics such as LX buyers that hit $350K. Lexus also has to appeal to the Toyota buyer which will always serve as the gateway to Lexus.

No doubt a big crossover is coming for Lexus...I just hope they keep their formula for the LX which is based off the Land Cruiser. Mercedes can have a large crossover as well as body on frame SUV, so Lexus can as well.
You bring up a great point: Household income demographics.

Go to any Lexus site and do a price search on new lexus vehicles. It starts at $40k and runs up to 100k+ An entry level car under $40k does not exist. Those willing to spend over $50k on a car will also be looking at *ANY BRAND* to get the most for their $$ at that price point. It's so important to stay relevant, or buyers will go elsewhere. The user experience within the car is becoming a big deal. If it is too complicated or safety features do not work the way you expect, why be frustrated with it for 3+ years of ownership/leasing?
Old 01-06-20, 02:32 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

You bring up a great point: Household income demographics.
?
I have always looked at demographics. Very important.

The user experience within the car is becoming a big deal. ?
I agree. I think Toyota is trying to figure it all out. I don't particularly care for all the screen, I think I prefer the old school buttons.
Old 01-06-20, 02:35 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
Yeah, looks like they are attempting to pander to the "diversity" movement instead of selling a car. I don't give a crap about the people or the color of their skin or their backgrounds or their gender. Just make a great car that I like and tell me about it. I absolutely despise these types of marketing tactics. Just sell your f'ing product.
Couldn't have said it any better. 100% agree.
Old 01-06-20, 02:43 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Go to any Lexus site and do a price search on new lexus vehicles. It starts at $40k and runs up to 100k+ An entry level car under $40k does not exist. Those willing to spend over $50k on a car will also be looking at *ANY BRAND* to get the most for their $$ at that price point. It's so important to stay relevant, or buyers will go elsewhere. The user experience within the car is becoming a big deal. If it is too complicated or safety features do not work the way you expect, why be frustrated with it for 3+ years of ownership/leasing?
Take me for example. Loved the Lexus brand. They couldn't keep up with the competition hence they lost my business. My IS lease ended, left and got a BMW which fit my needs. The IS they were trying to put me into again was like 46,500, my BMW is 50k. My 3 series blows the 3IS out the door, and that too only for like 4k more in price lol.

Lexus is lagging, I've discussed this many times since I am disappointed in how they are running their business. It'll take a lot to get me back now, the 4IS MUST be truly exceptional. I hope they learn.
Old 01-10-20, 03:52 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

So here is an ad from a Golf Magazine that arrived in the waiting room at work today. Feeling better now....
Old 01-10-20, 04:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
Yeah, looks like they are attempting to pander to the "diversity" movement instead of selling a car. I don't give a crap about the people or the color of their skin or their backgrounds or their gender. Just make a great car that I like and tell me about it. I absolutely despise these types of marketing tactics.
Originally Posted by premier3IS
Couldn't have said it any better. 100% agree.
I also agree......110%. PC does not sell vehicles....nor should it.
Old 01-10-20, 05:14 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 241 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I also agree......110%. PC does not sell vehicles....nor should it.

Same, it's stupid. But then again virtue signaling has become the new normal (to my chagrin).