Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Confronts Midlife Crisis With Aging SUVs Losing to Rivals

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-20, 06:06 PM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 309 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
That is a pretty savvy deal, how many miles now?. I was under the impression the car was bought new.
It technically was new, since it was never titled. But it had been at the dealer for 6-7 months and had 9k miles. Currently at 106k. I'm planning to drive it for another 3.5 years, then pass it on to my son, who is 12.5.
Old 01-11-20, 08:25 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Absolutely it is. The most cost effective way of acquiring something is the best and smartest way. A lease of a high priced BMW or MB is most cost effective because instinctively, most know that the long term value in a BMW or MB is minimal. If there was value in owning high priced BMW/MBs for the long haul, people would buy them and keep them. Just because something is a luxury purchase, does not mean cost effective methods of acquisition go out the door

In 2018, Lexus was offering $25,000 off a new LS500awd in Toronto. But only if you paid cash. A $100,000 Lexus for $75,000, what a smart move to buy one. This type of discount was once in a lifetime for a brand new to market Lexus model. Never to be seen again
In Toronto maybe, but down here, Lexus has launched almost every new TGNA sedan with small discounts, and ending up stuffing the trunk with them by end of MY1 and 2, and then by MY3 just simply lower production allocations on the higher spectrums, including the LS. RC-F (non-tgna but high po model), and LC.

My local dealership still has a few 19s on the LS and LC side, and barely stocks RC-Fs since again not really moving the metal even in limited form.

With those kind of discounts tho, they are smart not to push equally heavy lease cash, since if you cant sell it new, what will happen when the lease is up (cough cough BMW)?
Old 01-11-20, 08:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,506 Likes on 1,647 Posts

This thread is all over the map and waaaay off topic.
If anyone wants to start a (another) thread of buying, borrowing or leasing, have at it.
if anyone wants to start a thread on bmw diesel emissions and maintenance, fine. Nothing to do with the viability of lexus suvs.
if anyone wants to start a thread about parts, bmws, coupes, etc., go for it.
closed.