Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Stinger - to buy or not to buy....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-20, 12:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by stasek
Haha... When I built the house, I only had a couple day window to do the garage floor. It came down to professional epoxy for ~$3k or buy couple gallons of epoxy at big box and DIY. Obviously chose the latter. 6 years later it’s still mostly intact, but nowhere near pro level of finish (few chips here and there).
did exactly the same thing then years later (mine worn with bits missing) saw a client's garage and got in touch with who did theirs.
Old 01-25-20, 01:08 PM
stasek
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
did exactly the same thing then years later (mine worn with bits missing) saw a client's garage and got in touch with who did theirs.

Problem for me would be getting the garage empty right now. Barely enough room to walk across - tools sitting on top of tools since the wire rack shelves are full of .... tools 🤦‍♂️.
Old 01-25-20, 09:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Problem for me would be getting the garage empty right now. Barely enough room to walk across - tools sitting on top of tools since the wire rack shelves are full of .... tools 🤦‍♂️.
i feel your pain there too... took me a whole day to clear out the garage... into the tack room and storage room of my unused barn

Kinda proud of myself that i've only bought a fraction of what i took out back into the garage... feels a lot better.
Old 01-26-20, 08:11 AM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I still detest the new Accord. I’d take a Stinger over it any day.
Agree. Accord redesign tweaks do not make it's pig snout any prettier.

A good question is how is it possible they are achieving good yearly sales numbers with it?

Could the answer lie in being a more affordable price range (under 40k) and a nice line up of car options between $20-40k? Any vehicle over $40k means a much smaller population pool of buyers and an explosion of choices to pick from.
Old 01-26-20, 08:19 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by All4Lexus
A good question is how is it possible they are achieving good yearly sales numbers with it?
I had an Uber ride recently in Toronto. I do see the appeal in the Accord, they have changed the feel of it. It used to be more boring, more appliance like, but the new model felt more of a driver type car (whether true or not) Felt louder, more involving. Felt like it handled better. This was in contrast to the drive into where I was going, I was in a Sonata, was very nice, more quiet, but far less interesting or involving.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 01-26-20 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-26-20, 08:30 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Accords are a better buy for sure. They Camry looks better than the Accord and the V6 is a better option even though it's a tad slower. The Accord interior is nicer though but the exterior isn't as nice.
Old 01-26-20, 12:52 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Haha... When I built the house, I only had a couple day window to do the garage floor. It came down to professional epoxy for ~$3k or buy couple gallons of epoxy at big box and DIY. Obviously chose the latter. 6 years later it’s still mostly intact, but nowhere near pro level of finish (few chips here and there).
1st thing I do any time I'm moving to a new house is paint the garage floor with Rustoleum 2-part Epoxy paint. Preparation & 24 hr drying time is the key.

Old 01-26-20, 04:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EZZ
Accords are a better buy for sure. They Camry looks better than the Accord and the V6 is a better option even though it's a tad slower. The Accord interior is nicer though but the exterior isn't as nice.
I like the exterior of the Accord. Interior too. Not a fan of the exterior of the Sonata, but the layout was pretty well set up.
Old 01-27-20, 01:03 PM
stasek
Advanced

What a cluster duck this whole process is turning into.... After signing the paperwork and taking the car home on Friday, I get a call on Saturday stating that there’s a problem with financing (ha!) and I need to come in. I told them fine, I’ll stop by on Monday.
Long story short - they claim they applied a “dealer cash” rebate to the negotiated price incorrectly (leases don’t qualify for dealer cash) and they’re losing $2k on the deal, “We need to redo the paperwork”. I told them - heck no, I bought for X and not X+ $2000. Hey even offered to eat $1k, but I politely declined. They want the car back, but I’m fairly certain that legally, I don’t have to return it.
This is such bs... To be continued...😨😨😨
Old 01-27-20, 01:13 PM
AZFTW
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a cluster duck this whole process is turning into.... After signing the paperwork and taking the car home on Friday, I get a call on Saturday stating that there’s a problem with financing (ha!) and I need to come in. I told them fine, I’ll stop by on Monday.
Long story short - they claim they applied a “dealer cash” rebate to the negotiated price incorrectly (leases don’t qualify for dealer cash) and they’re losing $2k on the deal, “We need to redo the paperwork”. I told them - heck no, I bought for X and not X+ $2000. Hey even offered to eat $1k, but I politely declined. They want the car back, but I’m fairly certain that legally, I don’t have to return it.
Wow...I really find it hard to believe you have to return unless there is a cool down period in your state? Did they say there was?
Old 01-27-20, 01:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Never heard of this type of thing. The paperwork is signed.
Old 01-27-20, 01:34 PM
stasek
Advanced

Originally Posted by AZFTW
Wow...I really find it hard to believe you have to return unless there is a cool down period in your state? Did they say there was?
I don’t believe there’s such a thing...
Old 01-27-20, 01:35 PM
stasek
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Never heard of this type of thing. The paperwork is signed.
Yup, that’s my take on it. If I screw up and sign a bad deal, I have to live with it.
Old 01-27-20, 01:38 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Yup, that’s my take on it. If I screw up and sign a bad deal, I have to live with it.
Did they go thru KIA financial?
Old 01-27-20, 01:58 PM
stasek
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Did they go thru KIA financial?
Yes, I was approved by KMF, but apparently they haven’t sent the paperwork over.

Quick Reply: Stinger - to buy or not to buy....