Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Cadillac Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-20, 02:21 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
In my experience, American cars have had the best air conditioning. Think of how hot it gets in some parts of the country that domestic engineers take into account. Japan and Germany don't get hot like here.

German and Japanese cars were getting massive complaints from American buyers back in the day because the a/cs couldn't handle keeping up with the heat over here in the US.

They're better now, but I still think USA has the best A/C. My LS has really good A/C but my truck's is better.
I agree if your referring to the 70-80s when Japan was bringing their first mass market imports. By the 90s Toyota, and even the germans were benchmarking at the industry standard and then some in dedicated testing facilities around the globe.

EDIT: The only reason issue however with this is, have you benchmarked your individual LS to say that same MY German competitors AC?

apples to oranges at that point

Last edited by coolsaber; 02-29-20 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-29-20, 02:45 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Yeah. Here's mine. It's old as dirt and obviously not spanking new like in this pic but I don't see anything redneck about it.

That is a beautiful interior for its time. The steering wheel holds up well to today.
Old 02-29-20, 02:50 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Yeah. Here's mine. It's old as dirt and obviously not spanking new like in this pic but I don't see anything redneck about it.

For a moment I thought you were a detailing guru, that interior looks factory fresh...realizing later stock photo lol
Old 02-29-20, 02:53 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
For a moment I thought you were a detailing guru, that interior looks factory fresh...realizing later stock photo lol
Hah! Definitely not. Though I was going to go out and take a picture at first but this was easier.

In mine the leather is worn and it's old but actually it still looks like a "nice car" inside, as dated as the design is. You can tell it wasn't a cheap vehicle, still.
Old 02-29-20, 02:58 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Hah! Definitely not. Though I was going to go out and take a picture at first but this was easier.

In mine the leather is worn and it's old but actually it still looks like a "nice car" inside, as dated as the design is. You can tell it wasn't a cheap vehicle, still.
Did you ever consider doing the Escalade mods? I remember Stacey David back in the 00s convert a Yukon to escalade within a couple of hours thanks to interchangeable parts
Old 02-29-20, 03:02 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
That is a beautiful interior for its time. The steering wheel holds up well to today.
That's funny you say that because I agree totally about the steering wheel. I still like the design today, whereas my LS430s is so huge it's like a bus (but it doesn't bother me, it's beautiful with the wood). My '03 Yukon the first year with that new wheel. The older one definitely looked dated.
Old 02-29-20, 03:04 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Did you ever consider doing the Escalade mods? I remember Stacey David back in the 00s convert a Yukon to escalade within a couple of hours thanks to interchangeable parts
Nah, it has everything the Escalade has other than wood bits, etc. Same great stereo, same fancy features.

The only thing I want is the 6.0 V8 from that Escalade, but those came with with AWD and lost the real 4WD.

The 5.3 is still plenty adequate, though.
Old 02-29-20, 04:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
You like it, more power to you. Certainly not as terrible as truck interiors 10-15 years ago, but the design looks ugly to me. The Escalade is priced to compete with likes of X7 and GL, thus it copies their classy interiors.
The interior of the Ram trucks is pretty universally praised, has won a bunch of awards, etc.
Old 02-29-20, 04:46 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I think said Ram has a type of wood trim that's literally not found in any other vehicle.

It's impressive as all get out inside, that's for sure.
Old 02-29-20, 05:16 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Nah, it has everything the Escalade has other than wood bits, etc. Same great stereo, same fancy features.

The only thing I want is the 6.0 V8 from that Escalade, but those came with with AWD and lost the real 4WD.

The 5.3 is still plenty adequate, though.
I think the suspensions are different?
Old 02-29-20, 05:36 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I think the suspensions are different?
It did have the fancy shocks.
Old 02-29-20, 06:06 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
You like it, more power to you. Certainly not as terrible as truck interiors 10-15 years ago, but the design looks ugly to me. The Escalade is priced to compete with likes of X7 and GL, thus it copies their classy interiors.
no idea why we are talking about 10-15 year old truck interiors?

Which is funny because the redneck interior Ram beat both the X7 and S series as luxury vehicle of the year for Cars.com. Not sure what that means for the Escalade. I see nothing revolutionary about the Escalade interior other than the OLED. Navigator's seating still looks much better than the Escalades. Escalades seats look quite generic. Sure it gained a buncha space going IRS instead of solid rear axle, but the Expedition has been doing that for many years already.

https://www.cars.com/awards/2020/lux...r-of-the-year/

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 02-29-20 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-29-20, 06:39 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
no idea why we are talking about 10-15 year old truck interiors?

Which is funny because the redneck interior Ram beat both the X7 and S series as luxury vehicle of the year for Cars.com. Not sure what that means for the Escalade. I see nothing revolutionary about the Escalade interior other than the OLED. Navigator's seating still looks much better than the Escalades. Escalades seats look quite generic. Sure it gained a buncha space going IRS instead of solid rear axle, but the Expedition has been doing that for many years already.

https://www.cars.com/awards/2020/lux...r-of-the-year/
Pick up trucks are purely an American phenomenon and only appeal to a certain segment of US population. They are often regarded as "redneck status symbols" and not very popular outside of rural areas and suburbs. They do not sell outside of the US at all. Both the Escalade and the Navigator used to be complete junk, but its obviously Cadillac and Lincoln want them to become competitive with other world class luxury SUVs.

I particularly like the new Escalade interior because it very much mimics BMW interiors - even the **** looks similar to the i-Drive system.
Old 02-29-20, 07:04 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Escalade will slaughter the Navi in sales, like it always has.

Just watch.

GM owns this segment, much to the chagrin of GM haters on here..
Old 02-29-20, 07:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Pick up trucks are purely an American phenomenon and only appeal to a certain segment of US population. They are often regarded as "redneck status symbols" and not very popular outside of rural areas and suburbs.
^^^ The redneck image is an outdated stereotype. You find pickups just about everywhere now except in some of the inner cities.....and, even there, they are sometimes used by handy persons and contractors.

Quick Reply: 2021 Cadillac Escalade