Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Cadillac Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-21, 09:13 AM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 433 Posts

Last new ICE vehicle for Cadillac, except for some refreshing on current vehicles.....Next new vehicles will be a EV's.....
Old 04-25-21, 10:57 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix
Last new ICE vehicle for Cadillac, except for some refreshing on current vehicles.....Next new vehicles will be a EV's.....
I think the goalposts will be moved.

These car companies are acting like we have the infrastructure for all of this, and also acts like everyone who owns an automobile has a cozy garage to charge their cars in overnight.
Old 04-25-21, 11:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
These car companies are acting like we have the infrastructure for all of this, and also acts like everyone who owns an automobile has a cozy garage to charge their cars in overnight.

Old 04-25-21, 11:42 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I think the goalposts will be moved.

I think we might be looking at a scenario where soon only the wealthy are going to be able to afford cars, and these cars are going to be electric. Price of steel has tripled, price of rhodium for cat converters is up tenfold, this will soon reflect on the price of cars. A lot of people will have to give up driving and use mass transportation or seek other methods of getting around.
Old 04-25-21, 05:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I think we might be looking at a scenario where soon only the wealthy are going to be able to afford cars, and these cars are going to be electric. Price of steel has tripled, price of rhodium for cat converters is up tenfold, this will soon reflect on the price of cars. A lot of people will have to give up driving and use mass transportation or seek other methods of getting around.
I find it hilarious that you think this is likely, but people having to plug their car in a few times a week is just unfathomable.

People will go to public transit from owning individual cars before they will adopt individual cars that they have to recharge? That makes no sense.
Old 04-25-21, 07:38 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
So whats this mean? I can't go to Sandusky & race a super modified then load up a few cars & head to Oswego 'bout 400 miles down the road w/ a few ppl? Rising prices of product is all relative...But then you tack on adjusted for inflation, which I'm not going there, but you get the jist of it.....
Old 04-26-21, 09:53 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Well then good thing the EVs don't need those catalytic converters! Phew!
Old 04-26-21, 10:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbm317
Well then good thing the EVs don't need those catalytic converters! Phew!

What EVs DO require, though, with the large battery packs and advanced computers, can often cost a lot more than catalysts, even with their platinum pellets.
Old 04-28-21, 07:10 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
What EVs DO require, though, with the large battery packs and advanced computers, can often cost a lot more than catalysts, even with their platinum pellets.
Thank you Mr. Obvious and for not realizing a joke.

Back to the Escalade. These things continue to fly off the lots when available. Many are sold before they even get delivered to the dealers. Minimal discounting at the dealer, but haven't seen too much in the way of dealers marking up the vehicles, which is relatively good.

The size of the vertical DRL blade is huge! Can easily spot the Escalade a few blocks away headed toward me each morning on my way back from daycare drop off.

Old 04-28-21, 07:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Thank you Mr. Obvious and for not realizing a joke.
Unintentional. Sometimes your humor may be a little different from mine.
Old 04-28-21, 10:04 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Back to the Escalade. These things continue to fly off the lots when available. Many are sold before they even get delivered to the dealers. Minimal discounting at the dealer, but haven't seen too much in the way of dealers marking up the vehicles, which is relatively good.

The size of the vertical DRL blade is huge! Can easily spot the Escalade a few blocks away headed toward me each morning on my way back from daycare drop off.
I haven't seen one on the road yet, interestingly enough. Escalades are BIG sellers in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-28-21, 10:49 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Autoweek

Cadillac’s latest Escalade is a counter punch to other luxe SUVs.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-28-21 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-29-21, 06:38 PM
MaXpeedingRods
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This can give people a better experience when driving.
Old 04-29-21, 07:24 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MaXpeedingRods
This can give people a better experience when driving.
Oh, I'm sure an Escalade is a hoot to drive to begin with.
Old 04-30-21, 12:05 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Just in time before my after noon nap…

Date I say the design and materials of the interior are more interesting are nicer than any German or Lexus at the same price point. Those screens are beautiful. The wood is so lovely. That leather is soooooo nice!!!

A for ride…22” wheels.

Absolutely absurd that the screen in the front the wheel shows what you would see out the windshield

A refreshing effort by Cadillac

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-30-21 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 2021 Cadillac Escalade