Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars Vs E-Bike Vs E-Scooter (Survival of the Fittest)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-20, 07:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I don’t think there is any trolling. But, I don’t believe there is a big debate regarding a scooter. Maybe it should be named “Scooter Chat” and not “Car Chat”
You don’t think his statements that God told him he didn’t need to wear pads and he was okay to pilot his scooter at 55 MPH without fearing death isn’t trolling?
Old 03-21-20, 07:54 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You don’t think his statements that God told him he didn’t need to wear pads and he was okay to pilot his scooter at 55 MPH without fearing death isn’t trolling?
If you read the whole thread, I don't think its trolling. Lets just call it lack of wisdom for this particular case.
Old 03-21-20, 09:01 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Selective traffic law enforcement????

I wonder what judge Judy will say? LOL

Originally Posted by Och
The laws were made for 3000lb cars, not 30lb bicycles. It doesn't make sense for bicycles to come to full stop at stop signs and red lights - I personally treat stop signs as yield signs, and stop at red lights but don't wait for them to change if there are no cars coming. I always yield to pedestrians.
Old 03-22-20, 11:10 AM
cheezz
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
It does make you wonder. I would have thought that Jesus might have told him not to do it at all.
It was entirely the opposite. He led me to look into scooter and once I found a nice scooter that's got enough meat (power) on ebay Jesus told me to get it. He was encouraging me to get it, by the guidance of the Holy Spirit living in me. I know clearly when he is against of something or he encourages it, or pushes it. We cannot know what is the right way without being guided by the Holy Spirit and those that pay attention to him. Even though it may seem unreasonable to our understanding it is for his reason, his purpose for his kingdom.

Originally Posted by SW17LS
After I ordered a scooter about a month and half ago I went to Amazon to look for protective gear such as elbow and knee pads but God told me not to get them he cringed. That's how I got to know he wants me to rely on him for protection out of shield of faith. Only thing I have is a cycling helmet that he told me to use it. And I got to 55 mph to find out how fast this scooter can go... I was excited and God knows that. Later he gave me understanding to be more careful and ride smart without going too fast. He knows I want to have a scooter that is fast enough to stay with the traffic so I don't bring harm to other drivers not having to squeeze by me.

Thank you to those that believe I'm not trolling. That is correct I am not trolling. We can't play around trolling in the name of God. It is offending to him, but in my case he wanted me to go ahead and speak on faith and reliance on God for protection. We are getting closer to turbulent times (rumors of wars, pestilence (coronavirus for example), etc) and God is calling us to come to him and be more faithful to him.

Last edited by cheezz; 03-22-20 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-22-20, 11:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So...you talk to God.... Like actually have a back and forth conversation with him?
Old 03-22-20, 11:21 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Faith in God is fine if that's your thing, but its not gonna do much if you're going down at 55mph. And neither will a bicycle helmet. These are highway speeds, and you need a full face helmet and full gear - it can be the difference between death and walking away with bruises.
Old 03-22-20, 11:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Faith in God is fine if that's your thing, but its not gonna do much if you're going down at 55mph. And neither will a bicycle helmet. These are highway speeds, and you need a full face helmet and full gear - it can be the difference between death and walking away with bruises.
God helps those who help themselves. If you have faith in God, then God created seatbelts and pads and helmets and airbags and things to keep you safe. He created those things with the expectation that you would use them to stay safe.
Old 03-22-20, 11:30 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

I think this thread is finished.
Old 03-22-20, 11:40 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by cheezz
It was entirely the opposite. He led me to look into scooter and once I found a nice scooter that's got enough meat (power) on ebay Jesus told me to get it. He was encouraging me to get it, by the guidance of the Holy Spirit living in me. I know clearly when he is against of something or he encourages it, or pushes it. We cannot know what is the right way without being guided by the Holy Spirit and those that pay attention to him. Even though it may seem unreasonable to our understanding it is for his reason, his purpose for his kingdom.

After I ordered a scooter about a month and half ago I went to Amazon to look for protective gear such as elbow and knee pads but God told me not to get them he cringed. That's how I got to know he wants me to rely on him for protection out of shield of faith. Only thing I have is a cycling helmet that he told me to use it. And I got to 55 mph to find out how fast this scooter can go... I was excited and God knows that. Later he gave me understanding to be more careful and ride smart without going too fast. He knows I want to have a scooter that is fast enough to stay with the traffic so I don't bring harm to other drivers not having to squeeze by me.

Thank you to those that believe I'm not trolling. That is correct I am not trolling. We can't play around trolling in the name of God. It is offending to him, but in my case he wanted me to go ahead and speak on faith and reliance on God for protection. We are getting closer to turbulent times (rumors of wars, pestilence (coronavirus for example), etc) and God is calling us to come to him and be more faithful to him.
What did god say about not only endangering your life and health, but those around you in traffic who might have make dangerous moves to avoid you and the scooter in the event you loose control?

If you're being sincere here, it seems like you are using this "God" rational to justify what you want to do.
Old 03-22-20, 01:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_debate

Prohibited Topics - Debate and Politics
Additionally, the following discussion topics are prohibited on Club Lexus in new threads or replies to existing threads:

• Discussions or comments on politics.
• Discussions or comments about politicians or political parties.
• Discussions or comments about religion.
• Discussions or comments about emotionally charged debate topics such as abortion, gun control, race relations, etc.