Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redesigned UX, NX, RX and LX

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-20 | 06:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Yeah. You said that already.
Have you sampled a UX yet? I either can't remember or can't tell from your posts. If you do, I recommend the F-Sport hybrid version with AWD (which is the one I found such good road manners on)...the base version comes only with FWD.
Old 02-24-20 | 06:32 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Have you sampled a UX yet? I either can't remember or can't tell from your posts. If you do, I recommend the F-Sport hybrid version with AWD (which is the one I found such good road manners on)...the base version comes only with FWD.
Or course. (I like Lexus and Toyota products)
Old 02-24-20 | 06:51 AM
situman
Pole Position

What are the worldwide sales and prices for Lexus before and after the spindle grille? That should settle the argument
Can't compare sales like that. Things change like the competition, people's taste in cars, age and overall desirability of Lexus' offers, incentives and etc will determine sales.
Old 02-24-20 | 06:53 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Two to three years is a long time from now. Should be now or one year from now.
The NX has nowhere to go but better. The potential to modernize it and create a striking design like no other is off the charts. If I were Lexus, I'd be drawing up something totally sleek and unexpected. The NX slot is the easiest place for the brand to trump the competition and make waves. Audi kinda had the same opportunity with the new Q3, but didn't go far enough. The Q5 has the same potential, but they will likely wimp out on that too. Lexus cannot wimp out.
Not to mention, people would be wise to avoid the at least the 1st year of production or maybe even the 2nd yr of production of a new model. So really, for the people that doesnt need to have the latest and greatest, it is really another 4 to 5yrs out.
Old 02-24-20 | 06:54 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pbm317
Maybe for Canada? and maybe in the soundbites they put out for monthly sales reports?

But the UX is outsold by the Volvo XC40 in the States, a brand that has significantly lower overall share of the luxury market than Lexus. New Q3 was on sale for maybe the last 1/3 of 2019 and nearly matched UX sales.

So, monumental??? I wouldn't put it that way, but hey, opinions are like butts, and everyone has one.
Exactly, like I had said before, I saw maybe like 2 or 3 UXes in the NYC area in all of 2019.
Old 02-24-20 | 07:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by situman
Not to mention, people would be wise to avoid the at least the 1st year of production or maybe even the 2nd yr of production of a new model.
If it were a domestically-designed GM, Ford, or FCA product, I'd say yes, but that's not necessarily the case with Toyotas. Toyotas are not my favorite vehicles, and do have what I would consider faults, but one strong asset they have is usually getting the reliability straight from the beginning. One does not have to put up with teething problems.
Old 02-24-20 | 07:04 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Originally Posted by coolsaber
LF-1 Concept

This is a hint into the upcoming lineup
Thanks for the reply. I searched all over but couldn't find the image anywhere.

Someone else asked this but where does the LF-1 stand?
Old 02-24-20 | 08:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Exactly, like I had said before, I saw maybe like 2 or 3 UXes in the NYC area in all of 2019.
i've never seen a ux in person. not even in europe.

can understand the appeal of ux esp. hybrid, in other places where gas is obscenely expensive and roads and parking is VERY tight.

Old 02-24-20 | 08:36 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

I believe the UX is a monumental hit. I believe sales are far exceeding the expectations.
I wonder what the percentage split is between gas & hybrid models or if Lexus even reports those numbers separately?
Old 02-24-20 | 08:42 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jezza819
I wonder what the percentage split is between gas & hybrid models or if Lexus even reports those numbers separately?
I think you can find out on their sales data. I think they have total UX sales and then they have Lexus hybrid sales.
Old 02-24-20 | 10:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
but i know people (even loyal prior serial lexus owners) who refused to get one because of the grille.
So do I, but sales aren't down, which means those people's purchases are replaced with other purchases.
Old 02-24-20 | 11:13 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
If it were a domestically-designed GM, Ford, or FCA product, I'd say yes, but that's not necessarily the case with Toyotas. Toyotas are not my favorite vehicles, and do have what I would consider faults, but one strong asset they have is usually getting the reliability straight from the beginning. One does not have to put up with teething problems.
I had a 2010 RX350 and a 2011 before. The differences were night and day. We also have a 2015 NX F Sport and for some strange reason it does not have a power tailgate and the plastics on the dash creak and rattle.
Old 02-24-20 | 11:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jezza819
The UX is probably unique in its class by the gas-only models being FWD and the hybrid models AWD.
Old 02-24-20 | 11:14 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i've never seen a ux in person. not even in europe.

can understand the appeal of ux esp. hybrid, in other places where gas is obscenely expensive and roads and parking is VERY tight.
There are no real appeal to the UX. It is small, cramped, slow and overpriced for what it offers. I can't imagine driving down U.S. highways with 18 wheelers or their giant Suburbans and not **** in your pants every time one of those drive by.
Old 02-24-20 | 11:14 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I had a 2010 RX350 and a 2011 before. The differences were night and day. We also have a 2015 NX F Sport and for some strange reason it does not have a power tailgate and the plastics on the dash creak and rattle.

Creaks and rattles may be annoying, but, in most cases, they are not going to leave you stranded. Serious engine and transmission issues, though, could be another matter.

Quick Reply: Redesigned UX, NX, RX and LX