Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D1 Grand Prix Pictures =D

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-03, 02:08 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by meZoom!
the next drift events will be in Toronto, Canada and New Jersey. and *maaaaaybe* texas. the folks out there should keep their eyes and ears open because they are coming up very soon.
Have you got a website with the dates? Toronto is close enough that I just might make a trip!
Old 09-02-03, 02:17 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Overclocker
Have you got a website with the dates? Toronto is close enough that I just might make a trip!

i'm not sure if there's a website out w/ that info yet. if i find out, i'll relay it here for ya toronto one should be the third weekend or so in september, i have to confirm that though. i think the NJ one is in october.
Old 09-02-03, 06:23 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My 'peeps' are having another event. They were the first to bring D1 to the U.S.

OCT. 12 2K3
Del Mar Fairgrounds, CA

Old 09-02-03, 06:57 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.club4ag.com/DriftDAY/Schedule.htm
more drift event coming up.
I might go to the Falken drift showoff in oct 11
i went to the last one, it was great.

the next show is in toronto, cananda on the 28th, then in hawaii, but none in NJ :P

Last edited by NRG; 09-02-03 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-02-03, 07:18 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Emerald
My 'peeps' are having another event. They were the first to bring D1 to the U.S.

OCT. 12 2K3
Del Mar Fairgrounds, CA

Old 09-03-03, 02:07 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

mainstream didnt bring the D1 to the USA Slipstream did :P
I went to the first Drift showoff, it was alright. worth the 10 bucks

I still have pictures of the last drift showoff on my site
Old 09-03-03, 05:25 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NRG
http://www.club4ag.com/DriftDAY/Schedule.htm
more drift event coming up.
I might go to the Falken drift showoff in oct 11
i went to the last one, it was great.

the next show is in toronto, cananda on the 28th, then in hawaii, but none in NJ :P
NRG, thanks for the linkage!
Old 09-03-03, 07:02 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

I know that Slipstream is now the "official" promotors of D1 now, but the cars were here before that. Falken laid claim to introducing/bringing over the JDM Drift cars here first. ..

If thats not the case, then I'll be pretty pissed off

Their recent Press Release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Los Angeles, CA (August 18, 2003) - Mainstream Production, LLC in association with On the Scene Video Magazine is pleased to announce the Falken Tire Drift Showoff scheduled dates at Hawaii Raceway Park and Del Mar Fairgrounds September 28, 2003 and October 12, 2003 respectively.

The Falken Tire Drift Showoff, the first event series to introduce drifting to the American public heads to spectacular locales in Hawaii and San Diego, CA to close out the 2003 season. As with the historical inaugural event at Irwindale Speedway which drew over 7,200 spectators and media personnel from around the globe, these upcoming events will up the ante for all Import/Sports Compact Motorsport events to come. "After the original Falken Tire Drift Showoff took place, the success and excitement of the event caused drifting to spread across the country like wildfire, said Falken Tire Marketing Manager Nick Fousekis, "we are very happy to be a part of this event series".

Featuring professional drivers and "drift-specific" vehicles from Japan, the Falken Tire Drift Showoff is designed to promote the sport of drifting in the United States. The event will consist of a Showoff car show, exhibition runs by the professional drivers in their "drift-spec" vehicles, an exciting drift contest featuring the area's top drifters vs. the visiting pros and a drifting clinic conducted by the Japanese pros and US instructors. Enthusiasts who participate in the instructional clinic will have the opportunity to learn directly from the professionals in a classroom setting and then apply that knowledge on the track as well. For more info please visit www.driftshowoff.com.

-------------------------------------------END-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by DriftGirl; 09-03-03 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-04-03, 03:15 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Their's something wrong with that press release. As i can remember, D1 came to the U.S. about a year ago i beleive. It was held in Hawaii, where Drifter X won.
Falken was the first to bring it to california, then RSR was 2nd, then slipstream brought D1.
So far, i've been to all drift events/show in california, because they've always been located at irwindale speedway.