Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tesla owners trades in for an LS500

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-20, 06:18 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

I haven't played the games, but I've played with the soundboard and watched Netflix when I was supercharging or waiting to pick up my kids from daycare.
Old 03-17-20, 07:04 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
We'll see about that...Fanaticism...
Ezz, you could sell ice to the eskimos - if you can make people think that Tesla's loss is a profit.
Again, long term we shall see.

As I said before, Teslas are great products just like GMs, Fords, Benz, BMWs and Audis.
However, unlike the other 5 big players, we can't just keep on selling a product below cost forever.
And you can't make up R&D and infrastructure excuses either - all companies incur these costs, yet they still must turn a profit.
The longer the annual losses drag on, the worse the future outcome for Tesla...
You think I make this stuff up? Hahaha. Go read any of the analyst reports on Tesla (if you even know what that is). They are fundamentally valued at over $100B because of what I reiterated from analyst reports and what the street believes. There's no use arguing with you in things you don't understand.
Old 03-17-20, 08:54 AM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 474 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
You think I make this stuff up? Hahaha. Go read any of the analyst reports on Tesla (if you even know what that is). They are fundamentally valued at over $100B because of what I reiterated from analyst reports and what the street believes. There's no use arguing with you in things you don't understand.
All you can go on about is stockmarket value because the only value in Tesla is stock market value.
Yet stock market value is so volatile.
It was only the middle of last year when Tesla stocks were only a paltry $179.85 each...
Old 03-17-20, 08:59 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

All you can go on about is stockmarket value because the only value in Tesla is stock market value.
Yet stock market value is so volatile.
It was only the middle of last year when Tesla stocks were only a paltry $179.85 each...
You realize company valuation is based on future P&L expectations going forward right? Not what happened in the past which is completely meaningless at this point right. If you can't understand that, I can't explain it to you.
Old 03-17-20, 09:00 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

*Delete...repost*
Old 03-17-20, 09:48 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,969 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
tesla is clearly a very innovative company. but selling a "full self driving" option for $7K for YEARS that's offered NOTHING of the sort, is totally deceptive and they should be in legal trouble for this. and tesla's founder and salespeople continue to say how buying a tesla means you'll make money back from some future mythical ride sharing capability... it's deceptive.

that video i posted above reminded me of this, and those wild-eyed fanboys admit there's been little progress in years but now they're 'excited' because tesla's 'offering them' an option to spend MORE money ($2500) to upgrade the main computer of older cars which may make the UI snappier, but not a lot else.

and i love how tesla fan videos love to point out the built in games - anyone actually plays these?
You are not playing attention. Tesla had made it crystal clear the car is ready for full self driving, if you get the option when ready you will have it. No more no less. Legal trouble? Give me a break but if you think Tesla is egregiously lying file a complaint.

People play the games all time during charging or any down time. But if you hate games or think it's a stupid feature then simply don't play them.
We'll see about that...
Every prediction of Tesla failing have been wrong including from you.
Old 03-17-20, 11:04 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

tesla is clearly a very innovative company. but selling a "full self driving" option for $7K for YEARS that's offered NOTHING of the sort, is totally deceptive and they should be in legal trouble for this. and tesla's founder and salespeople continue to say how buying a tesla means you'll make money back from some future mythical ride sharing capability... it's deceptive.

that video i posted above reminded me of this, and those wild-eyed fanboys admit there's been little progress in years but now they're 'excited' because tesla's 'offering them' an option to spend MORE money ($2500) to upgrade the main computer of older cars which may make the UI snappier, but not a lot else.

and i love how tesla fan videos love to point out the built in games - anyone actually plays these?
I dont have anything politically correct to say about these two androgynous fanboys, but I welcome the idea of being able to upgrade the infotainment. I wish BMW would allow upgrading to the latest idrive. Imagine an E39 m5 with the latest idrive system?
Old 03-17-20, 01:20 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
You are not playing attention. Tesla had made it crystal clear the car is ready for full self driving,
did you mean 'is not ready'?

if you get the option when ready you will have it. No more no less.
tesla announced october 2016 (3.5 years ago) all cars have full self-driving hardware and to get it you could pay the low-low price of $6K or $7K. so 3.5 years ago you could pay a lot of money for a feature that still hasn't arrived. i say that's basically fraud.

Legal trouble? Give me a break but if you think Tesla is egregiously lying file a complaint.
doesn't affect me.
Old 03-17-20, 01:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I welcome the idea of being able to upgrade the infotainment. I wish BMW would allow upgrading to the latest idrive. Imagine an E39 m5 with the latest idrive system?
yes but imagine if bmw said "for the low price of $7K we you'll be able to have holographic navigation at some time in the future" and imagine that you buy it and 4 years later, nothing.
Old 03-17-20, 02:22 PM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts

You are not playing attention. Tesla had made it crystal clear the car is ready for full self driving, if you get the option when ready you will have it. No more no less. Legal trouble? Give me a break but if you think Tesla is egregiously lying file a complaint.

People play the games all time during charging or any down time. But if you hate games or think it's a stupid feature then simply don't play them.

lol so it's cool if Tesla in 2025 announces their cars are ready for full self driving. For all consumers that paid for it in 2017, you will be receiving that update. Sounds logical. Those Tesla owners probably already sold their teslas. But let's sell customers something that they might never get in their ownership.

Old 03-17-20, 02:24 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

did you mean 'is not ready'?
The hardware is there and ready, waiting for software.
tesla announced october 2016 (3.5 years ago) all cars have full self-driving hardware and to get it you could pay the low-low price of $6K or $7K. so 3.5 years ago you could pay a lot of money for a feature that still hasn't arrived. i say that's basically fraud.
Are you saying Tesla is perpetrating fraud and nothing is being done about it? Bold claim.

Here's my observation, since Tesla starting selling vehicles it is overwhelming the people that don't own a Tesla who complain about the car, Musk, and the company in general.
Old 03-17-20, 02:32 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 474 Likes on 313 Posts

Wait a minute - I've NOT made any prediction of Tesla failing?
Lexus2000, your fanaticism makes you think that I have made such predictions of Tesla failing.

I have said that Tesla make great products just like Ford, GM, Benz, BMW and Audi.
Tesla achieves sales volume by selling below cost, hence a 16 year history of financial losses.
If Tesla priced to make a profit, then they could not possibly have achieved current sales volumes.
However, I have also said that we do NOT know Tesla's long term fate - it can go EITHER way.

Ezz makes excuses that these financial losses are due to R&D and infrastructure costs, but this is not true because ALL businesses must put up with R&D and infrastructure costs - yet still turn a profit.
I run a business, I incur costs, yet I still turn a profit - especially over 16 years.

Ezz likes to put "positive spin" onto the financial losses - to turn them into profits for gullible readers.

Ezz likes to focus on the highs of Teslas stockmarket values, while turning a blind eye to their lows of $179.85 just 9 months ago...

Presently, Tesla is giving the major players more and more time to catch up.
And they will catch up just like the original 1989 LS400 caught up to the S Class.
Even the Chinese are catching up to the US militarily.
It is a fact of life that things catch up and plateau out...

Last edited by peteharvey; 03-17-20 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-17-20, 02:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

But stock market value!
Old 03-17-20, 02:53 PM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I guess that's why Tesla lost over 50% of its value in a month right? Funny you try to tell us its fundamentally valued over 100B. How much imarket value is it at now?
Old 03-17-20, 03:04 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Wait a minute - I've NOT made any prediction of Tesla failing?
Lexus2000, your fanaticism makes you think that I have made such predictions of Tesla failing.
I can read between the lines but If I'm wrong then I apologize. Now you can call me a fanatic all you want but I've been predicting the success of Tesla since the beginning.
Ezz makes excuses that these financial losses are due to R&D and infrastructure costs, but this is not true because ALL businesses must put up with R&D and infrastructure costs - yet still turn a profit.
Every company has start up and build out costs same as Tesla? Come on you know better.

Quick Reply: Tesla owners trades in for an LS500