Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tesla owners trades in for an LS500

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-20, 06:52 PM
LexusFanUS
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I traded my Tesla for a Lexus

Yes it was an upgrade! Watch

Old 03-14-20, 07:45 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Gorgeous Lexus.
Old 03-14-20, 07:51 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Great move! There's only one thing to miss about the Tesla, the performance.
Old 03-14-20, 09:29 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Tesla owners trades in for an LS500

This should interest the LS faithful.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...-lexus.188302/

Happy for the owner. Apparently, he traded in an early 2013 Model S rather than get into another Tesla. My only complaint is why he parked the rear so close to the garage door. Seems like he had plenty of room to pull the car forward a little more.

Also, I never noticed the dark/black roof before. Is that a standard feature on the LS500? Is that a glass roof like a Model S? The LS500 interior looks nice but, as stated before, the rear legroom looks much less than the SWB 4LS.
Old 03-14-20, 09:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Beautiful Lexus.
Old 03-14-20, 09:43 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

I can’t stand the Tesla forums, when I was researching them I noticed if you ever criticize Tesla, even if you own one, they just pounce on you like you are a moron. Not sure why this guy posted there about trading in his Mode S for the LS since he had to know what the reaction would be.
Old 03-14-20, 10:02 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
I can’t stand the Tesla forums, when I was researching them I noticed if you ever criticize Tesla, even if you own one, they just pounce on you like you are a moron. Not sure why this guy posted there about trading in his Mode S for the LS since he had to know what the reaction would be.
LOL, they remind me of this.

Old 03-14-20, 10:13 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They remind me a lot of Apple fanboys, can't say a single negative thing about Apple haha. Doesn't matter how many Apple products you've owned.

As for the change from the Model S to the LS, the interior quality is lightyears better in the LS, its not even a valid comparison almost. They couldn't even manage to put something as simple as a door pocket on the front doors, let alone the vastly better material quality and design. But you do get a nice big screen in the middle with the Model S.

Last edited by jwong77; 03-14-20 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-15-20, 01:28 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

I agree, the responses were pretty juvenile and defensive. I actually thought the TMC forum had improved in the past year with noticeably less snobbery but the linked thread was reminiscent of the worst habits.
Old 03-15-20, 04:56 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The way the guy parks his LS literally a centimeter from the garage door while there's a foot of space in front of the car triggers my OCD. Is this habit something common to Tesla owners?
Old 03-15-20, 05:06 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
They remind me a lot of Apple fanboys, can't say a single negative thing about Apple haha. Doesn't matter how many Apple products you've owned.

As for the change from the Model S to the LS, the interior quality is lightyears better in the LS, its not even a valid comparison almost. They couldn't even manage to put something as simple as a door pocket on the front doors, let alone the vastly better material quality and design. But you do get a nice big screen in the middle with the Model S.
There's a little, or a lot, of fanboy in all of us. When it comes to cars I don't think I am such, look at our 4 cars, none are the same brand, and the only car I have ever had more than one of was Volvo--my first 3 cars (and we're talking $2000 and below). Maybe I am with Michelin tires, definitely with the sports teams I like, I am a Costco fanboy (I wear dark sunglasses and a fake moustache when shopping at BJs [we've had a free membership for I dunno how many years and then $20 memberships too gas makes up for it]. Once a coworker even saw me shopping there and I played it off like oh hi Kate I don't belong here, just looking around, we're Costco members!).

But I hear you on Apple. I got curious to see what market iPhone had 2 years ago, I assumed 50%+. It was 37% in the USA, in China where they love iPhone? 18%. Europe lower than that. Android dominated--the entire world does not and cannot spend what we Americans do on our phones.

I have an iPhone Xs since 11/18 and it's terrible. I got it because it was $249, just felt I could not pass up the deal. What I would say, however, zero issues with the hardware. Prior I had a S8 and 2 free/replaced under warranty. We also have a NIB 11 Pro and no intention of opening it. My next phone hopefully will be Android, and doesn't matter what brand, whatever gets the best reviews. But being one who doesn't replace prematurely, likely this Xs lasts 10 years and then I open up the 11 Pro and by then I'll be AARP/Consumer cellular lol

The new LS is nice quality. Drove one way back when it launched, ride to lunch in a coworker's. Just imho too small for that price, again it's the size of my 1998 Maxima inside. Flagships usually are big and have 8 cyl avail even today (S class, 7, A8L, even its predecessor).
Old 03-15-20, 05:54 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those who can make more super fanboys will thrive in fortune
Old 03-15-20, 06:03 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Those who can make more super fanboys will thrive in fortune
Ever walk around the neighborhood, and see a household with 3 BMWs, or 3 Hondas, or Toyotas, etc.? I always say to myself, why? It would be like sending the President and VP to the same event and both get sick, or both this or that. As a general rule diversity is a good thing.

I stopped apologizing for having an iPhone about 6 mos. ago. I used to explain to people I don't like apple this was $249 in 11/18 and I couldn't pass it up, I like android. Work devices are android enterprise, google is not fooling around like apple is. You don't see, "iOS enterprise" haha

p.s. but once again I have an never opened NIB iPhone 11 Pro cuz I couln't pass it up. so I am proverbially s******
Old 03-15-20, 06:59 AM
heidihidin
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Ever walk around the neighborhood, and see a household with 3 BMWs, or 3 Hondas, or Toyotas, etc.? I always say to myself, why? It would be like sending the President and VP to the same event and both get sick, or both this or that. As a general rule diversity is a good thing.

I stopped apologizing for having an iPhone about 6 mos. ago. I used to explain to people I don't like apple this was $249 in 11/18 and I couldn't pass it up, I like android. Work devices are android enterprise, google is not fooling around like apple is. You don't see, "iOS enterprise" haha

p.s. but once again I have an never opened NIB iPhone 11 Pro cuz I couln't pass it up. so I am proverbially s******
Except maybe the 2 of them always go where there are no viruses present 99% guaranteed
Old 03-15-20, 07:38 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

chrome wheels look horrible on that car....but just my opinion.

also, he still has another Tesla, a P100D

Tesla Model S is outselling the new LS without the benefit of dealerships.
wow, is this true?? if so, that's crazy!

Last edited by bagwell; 03-15-20 at 07:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Tesla owners trades in for an LS500