Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A Car Commercial I Actually Love

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-20, 04:54 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts
Default A Car Commercial I Actually Love

The commercial for the 2020 Chevy Equinox asks kids what the automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist with lane departure works.

In case you haven't seen it -

Old 03-16-20, 06:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Cute commercial, but one really cannot use it promote the Equinox. Those safety features have become either standard or optional in virtually everything sold today in the American market.
Old 03-17-20, 06:25 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I like these also, but if you had asked me what model was in the commercial I would not be able to tell you. Same with the Subaru dog commercials. Great commercials, but no clue which models they were pitching.
But then maybe they are just trying to get us thinking about the brand when we are looking for a new vehicle.
Old 03-17-20, 07:04 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I doubt majority of the buying public could do much better than the kids.
Old 03-17-20, 08:10 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

This one's been out for awhile now. Personally I'm not a fan. Bring back the 'Like a Rock' commercials Chevy
Old 03-17-20, 08:40 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
This one's been out for awhile now. Personally I'm not a fan. Bring back the 'Like a Rock' commercials Chevy
I recently heard the Bob Seger song and it brought back memories of the Chevy ad. I bet he did well with royalties from the ads.
Old 03-18-20, 01:55 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 385 Posts

If I have to hear that song one more time, I'm gonna slit my wrists! I remember when the song and commercials became popular in the 70's. I've heard/seen them so many times, they nauseate me (and I like Bob Seger).

As far as the current Chevy commercials go, they are certainly better than they used to be. Now, if GM could only say the same about the reliability of their products. Sure, they are more reliable than they used to be, but so are all other vehicles on the market. GM still makes some of the least reliable vehicles on the market in relation to other brands, according to Consumer Reports.

Old 03-18-20, 02:59 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I just enjoy the parodies more than the actual Chevy "real people, not actors" commercials...

Old 03-18-20, 03:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Bring back the 'Like a Rock' commercials Chevy
First thing I thought of when I saw that commercial was.........."Like a Crock"
Old 03-19-20, 09:24 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Auto Magazine ad I Actually Love

This is the Magazine ad I saw that helped me decied what car I wanted to buy once I sold all my Firebird's & parts!

Old 03-21-20, 07:23 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
The commercial for the 2020 Chevy Equinox asks kids what the automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist with lane departure works.

In case you haven't seen it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwzVj910Bvg
Good commercial. I still do not understand why they make these safety things "standard" if you can thus "turn them off"
Old 03-21-20, 08:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Good commercial. I still do not understand why they make these safety things "standard" if you can thus "turn them off"
Two reasons. First, the best safety-measure always was, and always will be, a safe, courteous, careful, and attentive driver. Second, the beep-beeps, particularly from the Lane-Keeping systems, simply annoy some people......me included. Drivers who are annoyed and frustrated behind the wheel are less-likely to be careful than those who aren't.

A case, though, can be made for having the stability system on most of the time. One might want to consider turning it off for a few minutes if he or she is practicing skid/slide-control on an icy parking lot (the standard response, of course, is to steer the front wheels against the skid to keep a straight course and recover). But, IMO, apart from a track, one should never be drifting on dry pavement, which is not only aggressive driving and/or showing off, but very hard on the vehicle and tires as well.
Old 03-23-20, 10:02 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

i guarantee if you ask any equinox owner how any of those things work, the terms 'forward facing camera', 'laser', or 'infrared' will never be used

also nobody wants to see/hear kids act, i mean really can you think of a commercial that people turn off more quickly than kars 4 kids?
Old 03-23-20, 10:07 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
I just enjoy the parodies more than the actual Chevy "real people, not actors" commercials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBsq6HBBzw
ohhh my goddddd chevyyyyyy.... that was a hilarious video btw, "they're best in initial quality? as in they're ok at first but after that it's just a piece of crap, is that what you're saying heee"
Old 03-24-20, 05:00 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I recently heard the Bob Seger song and it brought back memories of the Chevy ad. I bet he did well with royalties from the ads.
Not that one but "Against the Wind" brings back memories. I was young and had a most beautiful girlfriend from VT and we would sing that tune in my V6 Volvo windows down and sunroof opened (AC broke yet worked on the previous 2). One time she put a change purse full of quarters and left them on the roof around Lake George on the way towards Whitehall. All the quarters went flying into route 9. It was a real life frogger getting most of the quarters back spewed all over near the Lake George Outlets. Yep, got all that from your Bob Seger comment hahahahahahahahaha

I will save the "Harvest Moon" story for another thread

another six years and I would be buying a strange stock called amazon dot com....these were the days