Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Deferred lease payments with Lexus Financial

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-20, 12:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Whats impressive about defaulting on an obligation when you don't have to? Shouldn't LFS be able to decide what to do with its money?
Just impressed the OP put his own credit/future on the line to divert money to those at the food bank etc.

Lets say someone owed you money, and they told you instead of paying you back they were going to just donate the money they owed you to some charity, without asking you if you were okay with that?
Not about me..is it?
Old 04-27-20, 01:29 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Just impressed the OP put his own credit/future on the line to divert money to those at the food bank etc.
Please--OP knows that creditors won't -- or can't -- report delinquencies to credit agencies because of the pandemic. Just opportunism, not putting anything "on the line"; and not anything to be "impressed" about.
Old 04-27-20, 02:06 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

Whats impressive about defaulting on an obligation when you don't have to? Shouldn't LFS be able to decide what to do with its money?

Lets say someone owed you money, and they told you instead of paying you back they were going to just donate the money they owed you to some charity, without asking you if you were okay with that?
always remember this steve

seriously you're a busy guy... so busy that you have no choice but to upset mmarshall by talking over bluetooth while you're driving, idk why you're willing to waste so much time in these pointless back and forth convos lol

i can't think of a single individual other than her/him that's responsible for more threads getting closed down after derailing them so far the mods have no choice
Old 04-27-20, 02:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
seriously you're a busy guy... so busy that you have no choice but to upset mmarshall by talking over bluetooth while you're driving, idk why you're willing to waste so much time in these pointless back and forth convos lol
We all have our vices lol
Old 04-27-20, 02:56 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Please--OP knows that creditors won't -- or can't -- report delinquencies to credit agencies because of the pandemic. Just opportunism, not putting anything "on the line"; and not anything to be "impressed" about.
In MA creditors can’t report delinquency for 3 months, but after that, yup. The OP will be ok for 3 months or whatever, but then time to pay the piper. An obligation is an obligation and must be repaid. Imagine all the Bank failures if people just decided not to pay their mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, etc.
Old 04-27-20, 03:28 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 241 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by kalel2127
Wow, that's a lot of messages. I think most of you failed to see that I was donating money to my local food bank and Feeding America.

Having a few acquaintances currently hospitalized due to Covid-19 has changed my perspective of life. It has made me realized how selfish I have been most of my life. If I do manage to survive this pandemic I want to be able to live knowing I helped other people in need.

I feel guilty paying hundreds of dollars for a luxury item I don't use when that money could be used to help people. I have decided not to continue paying for the vehicle and instead donate all of the money to various organizations. If I'm unable to sell the vehicle then I'll face the consequences in the future.

“Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.” - Dr. Seuss

Let us not forget that we are all brothers and sisters, God bless you all.
Donate your own money, not the money you agreed to pay the people that provided you a car. Robin Hood stole from the tax collector, not the guy that sold him his horse.
Old 04-27-20, 03:42 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

We all have our vices lol
i know what you mean... mine is smoking a combination of meth and angel dust while throwing molotov cocktails into a homeless shelter
Old 04-27-20, 03:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
i know what you mean... mine is smoking a combination of meth and angel dust while throwing molotov cocktails into a homeless shelter
That sounds like more fun lol
Old 04-27-20, 03:47 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

That sounds like more fun lol
nobody's caught me yet!
Old 04-27-20, 04:35 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37
In MA creditors can’t report delinquency for 3 months, but after that, yup. The OP will be ok for 3 months or whatever, but then time to pay the piper. An obligation is an obligation and must be repaid. Imagine all the Bank failures if people just decided not to pay their mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, etc.
It's all talk for the purpose of internet forum anyway. Who's going to mess up their credit like that when they can afford the payments? It's an entertaining thread, but that's about it.