Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Social distancing car logos

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-20, 07:43 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Maybe it'll work. My initial reaction was "Really?", since I thought it undermined the seriousness of the need for social distancing. Sure, you're changing your logos. But how are you taking care of your employees? How are you setting an example for what people should do to stop the spread of COVID-19?
I think what they are doing is a good idea for the most part.
Old 04-02-20, 07:59 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,954 Posts

I will say, anything we can do to raise awareness is good - though, awareness is hardly the issue now... The issue is more so the seriousness of it.

Anyway, don't want to derail.
Old 04-02-20, 08:06 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

awareness is hardly the issue now... .
I do believe awareness is the issue. I think in some areas, people do not respect the situation At least in Toronto, people packed the beach areas and parks and were removing park signs saying the facilities were closed.
Old 04-02-20, 08:22 AM
riredale
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

It may turn out that when we look back a year from now, we will say one of two things: (1) "Wow, what a horrible thing that wiped out millions of lives, like the Spanish Flu," or (2) "Okay, so it turned out it was no big deal except to seniors, who we properly isolated from others for months."

I tend to fall into the latter category, but, fine, we just don't know yet, so good to be cautious. Still, when flu killed 60,000 folks a year just a few years ago, we didn't freak. In fact, maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't seem to recall much of any reporting on the high number of deaths back then.

And wife and I and many of our associates have reported that they've had SOMETHING weird in the past few months, unlike any cold or flu they've had in the past. For me, multi-day headache, very tender head like a major hangover, major fatigue, dry cough. No sore throat, no lung bubbling. Was it the virus? Who knows? I do think that in the future when a test for antibodies is easy and cheap, we will discover that most of us had it but with minimal effect.

Anyway, interesting situation. May your family elders come through with flying colors.
Old 04-02-20, 08:28 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by riredale
It may turn out that when we look back a year from now, we will say one of two things: (1) "Wow, what a horrible thing that wiped out millions of lives, like the Spanish Flu," or (2) "Okay, so it turned out it was no big deal except to seniors, who we properly isolated from others for months."

I tend to fall into the latter category, but, fine, we just don't know yet, so good to be cautious. Still, when flu killed 60,000 folks a year just a few years ago, we didn't freak. In fact, maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't seem to recall much of any reporting on the high number of deaths back then.

And wife and I and many of our associates have reported that they've had SOMETHING weird in the past few months, unlike any cold or flu they've had in the past. For me, multi-day headache, very tender head like a major hangover, major fatigue, dry cough. No sore throat, no lung bubbling. Was it the virus? Who knows? I do think that in the future when a test for antibodies is easy and cheap, we will discover that most of us had it but with minimal effect.

Anyway, interesting situation. May your family elders come through with flying colors.
You did not pay attention becuase the flu from a few years ago was not as contagious nor as deadly
Old 04-02-20, 10:10 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,954 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I do believe awareness is the issue. I think in some areas, people do not respect the situation At least in Toronto, people packed the beach areas and parks and were removing park signs saying the facilities were closed.
People are aware, they're just in denial. It's basically a meme to some people. Here in KC, we are doing better than most places in the US in terms of infection rate, but I still see gaggles of children playing at the park, apparent get-togethers, etc... to the point where police are being told to enforce social distancing.

You can't not be aware when so many businesses are closed. But like I said, probably off-topic...
Old 04-02-20, 10:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

People are aware, they're just in denial. It's basically a meme to some people. Here in KC, we are doing better than most places in the US in terms of infection rate, but I still see gaggles of children playing at the park, apparent get-togethers, etc... to the point where police are being told to enforce social distancing.

You can't not be aware when so many businesses are closed. But like I said, probably off-topic...
Never thought about it that way.
Old 04-03-20, 09:02 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,625 Posts

ok we don't need ANOTHER general thread about covid-19. please keep comments to the logos.
Old 04-03-20, 03:21 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe it'll work. My initial reaction was "Really?", since I thought it undermined the seriousness of the need for social distancing. Sure, you're changing your logos. But how are you taking care of your employees? How are you setting an example for what people should do to stop the spread of COVID-19?
Probably according to union rules.
Old 04-03-20, 03:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Looks like other (non-automotive) companies are also following suit.

Here's McDonald's.......

And KFC..........

And Coca-Cola...........

And the Olympics...........

Old 04-04-20, 10:14 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Although I have never really been a fan of the Hyundai logo....their social distancing logo is the best one I have seen .Source