Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Welp, the RX is a goner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-20, 03:09 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! Very Cool!
Old 05-01-20, 03:22 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats that's the bargain of the century right there man, that's X40's lease price. Next year, we will be making the same swap to an X3 from an RX for the esposa; however, it won't be an X3M for sure. Since I ditched the 3IS, I have had zero regrets with my M340i. I know it's more of the same but Lexus products lack excitement today.
Old 05-01-20, 03:32 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
Congrats that's the bargain of the century right there man, that's X40's lease price. Next year, we will be making the same swap to an X3 from an RX for the esposa; however, it won't be an X3M for sure. Since I ditched the 3IS, I have had zero regrets with my M340i. I know it's more of the same but Lexus products lack excitement today.
Has your engine blown up yet? I know its shocking but some of my friends BMW haven't had a single issue in 5 years! I myself am surprised my Tesla hasn't fallen apart yet and even more shocking is that i haven't run out of juice in the middle of my drive. I know...its a scary life outside of Lexus

BTW, that deal is pretty insane. Dealers must be so desperate...
Old 05-01-20, 03:38 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 236 Likes on 198 Posts

Y'all think used cars are included in the "hot deals" too?

I mean why wouldn't they be?
Old 05-01-20, 04:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Nice! Post a couple pics of the inside when you get the chance.
Old 05-01-20, 05:14 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Has your engine blown up yet? I know its shocking but some of my friends BMW haven't had a single issue in 5 years! I myself am surprised my Tesla hasn't fallen apart yet and even more shocking is that i haven't run out of juice in the middle of my drive. I know...its a scary life outside of Lexus

Good one lol...
Old 05-01-20, 05:50 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Benoit
Yes, you really needed those 130 hp more, just to have this whale moving the same speed as a first gen Lexus IS.
Why are you always so negative towards everything that falls outside your narrow worldview?

Old 05-01-20, 06:03 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 509 Likes on 442 Posts

I know your going to enjoy your wife's new ride......
Old 05-01-20, 06:07 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,311 Likes on 1,012 Posts

What a nice car. Hope you have fun times. Post some photos when you have a chance. It takes a lot of thought to leave Lexus. I did for a bit, but I'm glad to be back.
Members who are regularly rude, negative or just plain uninformed go on my ignore list. I never see their comments again.
Old 05-01-20, 06:30 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 509 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by swfla
What a nice car. Hope you have fun times. Post some photos when you have a chance. It takes a lot of thought to leave Lexus. I did for a bit, but I'm glad to be back.
Members who are regularly rude, negative or just plain uninformed go on my ignore list. I never see their comments again.
btw the OP did post some pix......
Old 05-01-20, 07:28 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EZZ

I was never a Lexus guy, so my first exposure was the 3IS and I grew to hate that car. I came from BMW, last one was a 10 year old E46 which I sold after I graduated college and got the Lexus. At that time, I just wanted to try something new after driving the bimmer for a whole decade and having dealt with the expensive upkeep.

The M340 has been a pleasure to drive hard, power galore and the tech is good so no complaints. This is my 4th 3 series and I wonder why I had bother to try the Lexus. Still, BMW is not for everyone, especially a die hard Lexus fanatic.
Old 05-01-20, 07:40 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
I was never a Lexus guy, so my first exposure was the 3IS and I grew to hate that car. I came from BMW, last one was a 10 year old E46 which I sold after I graduated college and got the Lexus. At that time, I just wanted to try something new after driving the bimmer for a whole decade and having dealt with the expensive upkeep.

The M340 has been a pleasure to drive hard, power galore and the tech is good so no complaints. This is my 4th 3 series and I wonder why I had bother to try the Lexus. Still, BMW is not for everyone, especially a die hard Lexus fanatic.
I think you just bought the wrong IS. The IS350 F-Sport was a pleasure to drive and better than the F30 340i. It was definitely slower but the handling and feel were really good. The G20 M340 is a beast though and the best ICE in the segment (I like the P3D better). I think it absolutely looks the best too now especially in that blue paint. Maybe its too soon for reliability questions but I haven't seen any issues on the BMW forums with powertrain issues. I hear the B58 is very stout.
Old 05-01-20, 07:48 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

I sure did but I blame Lexus marketing for that, you know how Lexus hypes everything down to a single screw in their new products. Plus , once I heard Turbo I thought, OMG tunes, no need for 350, boy was i wrong. Car was slow, turbo lag galore, brakes and tires gone in 10k miles etc Then to realize that the big tuners couldn't crack the code.

B58 is stout, many power options, we even have a tune that comes with full factory warranty and install at your local dealer for 1500 bucks. The peace of mind and knowing you have full factory warranty is well worth it. Despite all this I don't think I would want to own this car long term like I did with the E46's.
Old 05-02-20, 10:01 PM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
Thanks for the kind words everyone....so much mixed emotions, but love her so far! Trying to figure out how it can be my DD now! Lol

Ps - the deal got the x3m Dow to 57k adjust cap with, 2k drive off, 620///month with tax

No need for mixed emotions. I have one each, a BMW and a Lexus. Both are around 5 years old, and the BMW is a turbocharged six cylinder. Both have done similar 6 figure mileage. They have both been equally durable over this period. Unfortunately during this period I have seen Lexus stagnate and BMW improve their offerings massively. So when it comes for me to replace the Lexus....after all, if the Lexus 'reliability' can now be matched by other makes, then there are few reasons left for me to stay with the brand. And the Supra's use of the B58 seems to me quite an endorsement by Lexus's parent Toyota, and this is matched by my own ownership experience.
Old 05-03-20, 04:22 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats, looks great and I've heard tons of good things about the X3M. Enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Welp, the RX is a goner...