Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford Bronco Sport, Chevy Trailblazer apparently on hold.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-20, 11:09 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Good I hope you are right. But I tried Everycarlisted.com, which is usually an excellent search-machine, and it didn't show any with a 1000-mile radius of my house...the furthest it can search.
There's your problem right there... no one is using Everycarlisted.com. I've worked in this industry a long time and I've never heard of it. I even did a search of Acura RDX's and Toyota Camry's within 500 mile of Arlington, VA and it shows 0 cars. Which is an outright lie. They just have no partnering dealers that feel the need/value to put their inventory on there.

Stick to Cars.com or other main industry listing sites.
Old 05-07-20, 12:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Andy
The Ford Bronco Sport looks like a Chinese knock off of a Land Rover Defender.
Soon to be assembled in China
Old 05-07-20, 01:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
There's your problem right there... no one is using Everycarlisted.com. I've worked in this industry a long time and I've never heard of it.
i have (via a friend in the biz) but obviously it really should be everycarlistedfrompeoplewhopayustolisttheircars.com

Old 05-07-20, 02:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
There's your problem right there... no one is using Everycarlisted.com. I've worked in this industry a long time and I've never heard of it. I even did a search of Acura RDX's and Toyota Camry's within 500 mile of Arlington, VA and it shows 0 cars. Which is an outright lie. They just have no partnering dealers that feel the need/value to put their inventory on there.

Stick to Cars.com or other main industry listing sites.

I also tried checking individual dealer-stock in the D.C. area on their web-sites.....no dice. Maybe they just aren't loading up their own web sites. But no sense going back and forth all day long about it. If they have some in stock, fine...if not, we'll just wait. For the most part, we'll have to wait until life gets back to normal anyway. On that note, I'm moving on.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i have (via a friend in the biz) but obviously it really should be everycarlistedfrompeoplewhopayustolisttheircars.com
You once recommended the site to me (which I appreciated), and, for the most part, it has worked OK. Perhaps the pandemic has disrupted it as much as it has many other things in the auto business.

Old 05-07-20, 06:31 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, that's a good visual comparison, Fizzboy, but the Venue doesn't offer AWD....like the Toyota C-HR, you are stuck with FWD for the American market,
I forgot all about that. However, the majority of those who buy these cute-utes are hipster-commuters- getting them with FWD. At least here on the west coast.

Old 05-07-20, 07:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I forgot all about that. However, the majority of those who buy these cute-utes are hipster-commuters- getting them with FWD. At least here on the west coast.

Since you are in CA, are you in the L.A. region? If so, I can understand the lesser appeal of AWD there, though some of the mountain roads inland from the city might get slick spots on occasion.