Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Driver caught speeding at 191 MPH - Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 11:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
what track? you say that as though I live near some track with a 3 mile long main straight that I'm just selfishly choosing not to use
Then you should move closer to one.

Its like expecting that you can swim in your town's fountain because you live too far from the ocean. The world doesn't work that way. You living too far from a track doesn't mean you get to use public roads as your race track.

and so basically any time I've gone above 100 and haven't taken out an entire family it's just been luck? it's ridiculous to say there's not a single stretch of empty highway in the entire east coast at any time that can't safely support flooring it for a few seconds when no one is around
Every time you have done so you have put other people who are or may be using the public roadway at risk, yes. And if you had been in an accident and killed someone, you rightfully would be facing manslaughter charges. The point is...you never know if the highway is empty because its not a closed controlled track and someone else could be lawfully using it when you don't expect them to be.

I used to work with a woman who's whole family was killed, son, daughter in law, and grandson, only her granddaughter survived, when they were turning onto a road where they got plowed into by some asshat driving 140MPH at 2AM. He too was a kid driving his dad's M4. Driving along late at night not expecting anybody else to be on the road. So 3 people dead, two family's lives ruined because someone wanted to "feed their soul". Hopefully he's getting fed something else in prison for 12 years for manslaughter. So yes, these things do happen.

Last edited by SW17LS; 05-15-20 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-15-20, 12:08 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 242 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I used to work with a woman who's whole family was killed, son, daughter in law, and grandson, only her granddaughter survived, when they were turning onto a road where they got plowed into by some asshat driving 140MPH at 2AM. He too was a kid driving his dad's M4. Driving along late at night not expecting anybody else to be on the road. So 3 people dead, two family's lives ruined because someone wanted to "feed their soul". Hopefully he's getting fed something else in prison for 12 years for manslaughter. So yes, these things do happen.
well i can tell you that i would NEVER be going that fast on a road where it's possible for someone to turn onto it and that kid is obviously a reckless idiot, the spots i chose are locations that i've previously driven through and know it's literally impossible for another car to merge in front of me (like between exits on a highway)... i take this stuff very seriously since there is obviously such potential for a horrific accident if you don't take the proper precautions and planning
Old 05-15-20, 01:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

The unexpected is always possible on a public road.