Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Mercedes S-Class (W223)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-20, 07:31 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
That interior is my worst fingerprint and reflection nightmare come to reality.
If you look closely at the center stack where the few physical controls remain, there's a BlackBerry style trackpad, like the ones found on current MB steering wheels. So at least it appears there's an option for those who don't want to use the touchscreen to control everything.
Old 05-12-20, 07:51 AM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts

Dust is going to love that dash board. Hate shiny black interior pieces. Hate shiny interior pieces in general, matte looks so much more elegant and doesn't attract dust and fingerprints as much.

Really don't like the simplistic interior...imo makes it look cheap (which i know it certainly isn't).

Rear tail lights looks like an infiniti, can't remember whicj model..
Old 05-12-20, 07:59 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaze876
Dust is going to love that dash board. Hate shiny black interior pieces. Hate shiny interior pieces in general, matte looks so much more elegant and doesn't attract dust and fingerprints as much.

Really don't like the simplistic interior...imo makes it look cheap (which i know it certainly isn't).

Not just dust and fingerprints, but that shiny black dash is really going to cause major reflections in the windshield. Yikes.
Old 05-12-20, 08:02 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Taillights remind me of a Maserati. Someone had Tesla on the mind when they designed that interior. That grill is huge
Old 05-12-20, 08:18 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That interior is absolute joke.
Old 05-12-20, 08:50 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaze876

No worries, the owner will just have their personal Butler dust it daily
Old 05-12-20, 09:20 AM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Every new model that comes out everybody complains and cry's. It never fails.
Old 05-12-20, 09:29 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That is what I was afraid of after seeing some early spy photo's. That is just awful, that interior is horrific and so cheap and barren looking, where is the luxury/opulence? Nothing but a ugly distracting finger print magnet with annoying needlessly complicated menu's and taps just for simple functions. Didn't they learn anything from the A8's big drop in sales, horrible sales that has a lot to do with its barren buttonless touchscreen interior.

If people want a Tesla with a crappy bland interior they will get a Tesla, why did Mercedes have to copy the worst thing on a Tesla, the interior, when S class still gets great sales year after year?

I predict after a initial big sales climb for the first few months of buyers wanting the latest S class there will be a plummet in sales, somewhat like the LS500, this interior is worse then the LS500 though. Just awful.

At least the current S class sold well and there are plenty of good used one out there, that was pretty much a home run.
Old 05-12-20, 09:31 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
Every new model that comes out everybody complains and cry's. It never fails.
The current S class was universally liked from the get go, sales and reviews reflect that too. This new one is terrible.
Old 05-12-20, 09:31 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

I particularly like the Lexus badge on the trunklid.
Old 05-12-20, 10:00 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

oh dear, this is a step back in the interior. It has lost its luxurious and craftsmanship look, in favor of a stark, cold, futuristic interior. I'll need to see press pictures but I am not liking the interior design language. I'm someone in my 30s, but even I feel this is too "young". The S class has always been my favorite Benz.

And how could you possibly reach those center vents? Possibly going to be electronically controlled like the Tesla? or the old LS430 with its auto moving vents? And Im surprised nobody has mentioned the huge HUD projector area, or that's why I assume that is.
Old 05-12-20, 10:14 AM
Blaze876
Advanced

Rear tail lights looks like an infiniti, can't remember which model..
Old 05-12-20, 11:53 AM
Hayek
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's like Mercedes-Benz employed Apple to design the interior of the W223 S-class. The minimalist interior also hints to the new trend of minimalism, which will be inevitable with the electrification of the next generation W224 S-class. As cars gets more and more electrified, interiors get more and more minimalist.

Some people are hating the black interior, personally I love black interiors. I had two Toyotas with light grey and beige leather interiors and I hope to never again own a car with a light colour interior. They look good right up to moment you wear jeans. Only cars with black, dark brown or dark blue interiors for me from now on.
Old 05-12-20, 12:00 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hayek
It's like Mercedes-Benz employed Apple to design the interior of the W223 S-class. The minimalist interior also hints to the new trend of minimalism, which will be inevitable with the electrification of the next generation W224 S-class. As cars gets more and more electrified, interiors get more and more minimalist.

Some people are hating the black interior, personally I love black interiors. I had two Toyotas with light grey and beige leather interiors and I hope to never again own a car with a light colour interior. They look good right up to moment you wear jeans. Only cars with black, dark brown or dark blue interiors for me from now on.
not sure if its thr black interior people hating on. Its the piano black trim.
Old 05-12-20, 12:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I don't think the material content looks bad, just the interior looks lazy from a design standpoint. It doesn't have the 'sculpted' feel prior generations had. But you can bet it'll drive nice. The new S-Class is going to be a techies wet dream

Quick Reply: 2021 Mercedes S-Class (W223)