Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Venza and Sienna

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-20, 03:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^^ cool integration
Old 07-24-20, 04:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I kind of like the lights. I am surprised they’re legal, but I think I’ve seen them before on other vehicles that have the same idea.
Old 07-24-20, 04:29 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,900 Likes on 2,447 Posts

Those signal lights are trash way too low too small not visible from even a mild angle. The designers that came up with that should be fired, the managers that green lit them should also be fired.
Old 07-24-20, 04:45 PM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I think you are right. Have to add in the Highlander hybrid in their as well...Toyota is unstoppable with their hybrids....it’s where their growth and brand is excelling. (Just my opinion). I also kinda like that the Venza origins are “Made in 🇯🇵 “
Add to that plug in hybrids. RAV4 hybrid seems like a excellent package. If only Toyota can figure out a way to ramp up production
Old 07-24-20, 05:15 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sorptd
Add to that plug in hybrids. RAV4 hybrid seems like a excellent package. If only Toyota can figure out a way to ramp up production
Forgot about the hybrid plug-ins...I do think Toyota could very easily ramp up more production..a slower roll out allows them to keep the gas/hybrid and not plug in moa odels rolling out in a profitable way...Toyota with the 2021 Camry is now upgrading to all lithium batteries and then in China and the UK there are battery electric UX/CHR models so I bet a RAV4 battery electric is on the way for those markets at some point in time. Toyota is building a tremendous economies of scale for their electrified models as the ICE models absorb so much of the development from chassis and design...
Old 07-24-20, 07:39 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

1) Those turn signals will be a hot replacement part in areas where folks use bumpers as parking aids.
2) Toyotas official position is "we have no plans to Prime the Venza"
3) Watching Demuro today, and I dont know, his review kind of was whiney to me. The plastics are of poor quality where you dont see em....points to the B-pillar where the seatbelt buckle would destroy softtouch material. Lower portions of the dash, where the same issue would occur, and top of the dash which tbh soft touch plastic would not fair quite well directly exposed to sunlight. Couple other things demuro was on about, which I dont know felt more I have to complain about something rather then being objective.
Old 07-26-20, 07:12 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the TINY rear turn signals not visible from the side should be illegal.
I also am not a fan of low bumper mounted turn signals. Automakers are trying to emphasize ultra thin taillights with many of them using the single line all the way across. There still could be ways to incorporate the turn and reverse into that upper assembly, I'm guessing it's just cost related??

Even Toyota RAV4, the regular "brake light" is like a single dot on each taillight. I don't know how that is legal, and things like adaptive matrix headlights aren't.

Old 07-27-20, 06:21 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I kind of like the lights. I am surprised they’re legal, but I think I’ve seen them before on other vehicles that have the same idea.
Correct. Hyundai, Mini and Infiniti have done this for turn signals.
Old 07-27-20, 08:17 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I think what is surprising about the turn signal is that we cant have sequential lights like other countries because the first illumination of those is not "long" enough. And yet, this, is somehow allowed. I was always surprised at the Model 3 having such tiny turn signals as well.
Old 08-03-20, 01:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,426 Likes on 1,589 Posts

savagegeese takes a look at the venza.

can you say comfortable appliance?

Old 08-03-20, 07:07 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts
Talking

https://youtu.be/qv9fqZ62XE8
Meanwhile in Toyota HQ, they`re figuring out which color LFA each of that TGNA team members will be picking out for another sales success....
Old 09-18-20, 02:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

We saw two new Venzas today at the dealer.

I didn’t really care for it in the pics and press release. But in person it looks great. Much better than I thought. The large touchscreen is excellent and well done (sans the finger prints)

Really great to see that the new Venza is Made in Japan...

I think Toyota will have a big hit with this new Venza

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 09-18-20 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-18-20, 02:51 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Saw two new Venzas today at the dealer.

I didn’t really care for it in the pics and press release. But in person it looks great. Much better than I thought. The large touchscreen is excellent and well done (sans the finger prints)

Really great to see that the new Venza is Made in Japan...
They used to make the Venza at TMMK.. I remember going through the tour when it was a brand new model, and they showed us the cars being made.
Old 09-18-20, 07:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I watched the video. I get the impression that he's complaining because it is not a sports car. Most people who look at or buy vehicles of this type are not looking for hard-edged sport-orientation.....they want comfort, versatility, and quietness, and this vehicle seems to deliver that. It's also nice that such of the interior trim seems to be a step up from a lot of the recent Toyota hard-plastic stuff.

He's got a point, though, about the overly-large, Tesla-like Etch-a-Sketch video screen, electronic touch-icons, and too many functions not having push-buttons. At least they used a nice fore/aft shift-lever.
Old 09-18-20, 07:24 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sdls
They used to make the Venza at TMMK.. I remember going through the tour when it was a brand new model, and they showed us the cars being made.
Yeah. Good call. The first Venza was a unique stand alone product made for the USA....new one is just a rebadge of JDM model.

Quick Reply: 2021 Venza and Sienna