Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2021 Venza and Sienna

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-20, 04:42 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I checked out the new Venza today in static-reviews of the XLE and Limited (I'll do the test-drive later this week, and write up an MM-Review).

VERY impressed with the overall fit/finish, exterior sheet metal quality, paint job smoothness, and materials used inside, although the tacky-looking/tacky-mounted video-screen should have probably been integrated into the dash like GM and Kia does. You also get a temporary full-size spare instead of the donut/run-flat/air-bottle crap.

Jill..........except for the screen-mount, you were correct about the nice interior.
That's good to hear, I think Toyota has a winner. I'm looking forward to your review.
Old 09-24-20, 08:36 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Venza is more premium Rav4 with sporty styling and more options... Between Rav4 and Venza, Toyota will sell 1 million of pretty expensive vehicles that are considered luxury/premium in most of the world.
Fact that people discuss it without willing or having any interested in trying it is something else, but they are really well rated vehicles by press and drivers.

The most incredible thing about these new Toyota's is that they actually do leave impression. For instance, my friends 2019 Corolla Hybrid has better overall suspension than my 2015 Audi A7 Premium, with pretty much almost every option ticked. So I do not wonder how Toyota managed to sell 10 million vehicles last year at record high 24 billion in profit.
What I find ironic is that you're perhaps the biggest toyota apologist, fanboy on CL and yet you bought an Audi and now say the Corolla has better suspension. I thought you only bought Toyota products with all the praise I always see you heap on their products.

This isn't a knock or ridicule either, just find it odd that the most fervent Toyota fan buys an Audi and now say a corolla is better. Most of us patronize the brands we believe in and or passionate about unless affordability is a factor which is not the case if you own an A7. This is analogous to celebrity advertisers but at least we know their praise is not genuine due to the compensation aspect.
Old 09-24-20, 08:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Corolla has a better suspension than an Audi A7? Come on lol. I’ve driven both and that’s just absurd.
Old 09-24-20, 11:54 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
What I find ironic is that you're perhaps the biggest toyota apologist, fanboy on CL and yet you bought an Audi and now say the Corolla has better suspension. I thought you only bought Toyota products with all the praise I always see you heap on their products.

This isn't a knock or ridicule either, just find it odd that the most fervent Toyota fan buys an Audi and now say a corolla is better. Most of us patronize the brands we believe in and or passionate about unless affordability is a factor which is not the case if you own an A7. This is analogous to celebrity advertisers but at least we know their praise is not genuine due to the compensation aspect.

Perhaps we should limit the name calling and labelling?
Old 09-25-20, 07:10 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Corolla has a better suspension than an Audi A7? Come on lol. I’ve driven both and that’s just absurd.

^^^ Truth on both sides. I agree that to say that a Corolla's suspension is better than an A7's is pushing it, but one also cannot overlook the fact that the Corolla (now) has one of the best suspensions in its class, especially now that the former Mazda 3 has reverted to a beam-axle in the rear.
Old 09-25-20, 07:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
^^^ Truth on both sides. I agree that to say that a Corolla's suspension is better than an A7's is pushing it, but one also cannot overlook the fact that the Corolla (now) has one of the best suspensions in its class, especially now that the former Mazda 3 has reverted to a beam-axle in the rear.
But the two are not comparable. The Corolla has one of the best suspsenions IN ITS CLASS. Which is the compact economy car class. It does not compare with the far more sophisticated suspension in an Audi A7 one bit.

Originally Posted by natnut
Perhaps we should limit the name calling and labelling?
Its a legitimate point though. He challenges any statement basically that another vehicle is superior to a Toyota/Lexus product. I must say it is shocking that he actually owns an Audi A7. If nothing is superior, why did he choose to buy a different vehicle over the offering from Lexus? (the GS). The only argument is "Lexus doesnt make anything like this vehicle" and he's right...which is our point.

It would be like if I went out and got an S560 and then came back here and admonished everyone for complaining about the LS500. Well, if the LS500 was so great why did I buy an S560? Get it?

Bringing it back to the Sienna, watched more videos on it and I gotta say as a family minivan buyer I just don't understand the interior layout of it. The big console upfront is annoying while trying to wrangle and dole out fast food, which we did last night in the Pacifica which has a big open front console area. The way it juts out in the back towards the rear seats will get pummeled with kids feet and it means that the kids can't load into the van from one side, which we do all the time when parked on the street so one kid doesnt have to leave the van into the street. also means you can't walk around the seats and get to the back which is a big plus in a minivan. If that console section would like slide back and forth in the back that would be different.

IMO, this is not a well laid out minivan for a family.

Last edited by SW17LS; 09-25-20 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-25-20, 09:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,258 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46

exe46, please exit this thread. I've repeatedly made requests to stop with the 'fanboy' label when someone likes Lexus or Toyota.

I can't believe I have to keep reminding folks that THIS IS A LEXUS COMMUNITY and you will expect some bias towards Lexus and Toyota brands here; if you want to wave the flag about some other brand that is your favorite in car chat, have at it. However if you are going call names and label folks about enjoying something this community is about, you'll get the boot from threads. Post about the vehicles, not the people.
Old 10-09-20, 02:17 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Watching the reviews of the new Sienna on You Tube.

Holy spectacular minivan.

(shifter look so 80s cheesy with a button)

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-09-20 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-09-20, 02:30 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

The cabin materials look pretty decent. I like the brownish burgundy interior seat option. Hazard light location looks like an afterthought.
Old 10-09-20, 02:35 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

The cabin materials look pretty decent. I like the brownish burgundy interior seat option. Hazard light location looks like an afterthought.
there is a gorgeous nighttime interior photo of the Sienna. Can’t find it now
Old 10-09-20, 02:46 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
there is a gorgeous nighttime interior photo of the Sienna. Can’t find it now
Well that's anticlimactic lol. keep looking, now I'm interested
Old 10-09-20, 02:49 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Well that's anticlimactic lol. keep looking, now I'm interested

you like?
Old 10-09-20, 03:39 PM
Hoovey689

you like?
The ambient lighting looks nice, they should offer it on more Toyota's and Lexus. BMW and Ford have a plethora of colors you can change the LEDs too. Maybe it's the flash, dome light on, or the photo lightened in photoshop, but it makes the trim 'pop' regardless of if it's real or fake wood.
Old 10-09-20, 03:49 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The ambient lighting looks nice, they should offer it on more Toyota's and Lexus. BMW and Ford have a plethora of colors you can change the LEDs too. Maybe it's the flash, dome light on, or the photo lightened in photoshop, but it makes the trim 'pop' regardless of if it's real or fake wood.
If you look really close. The turn stalks and the wiper stalks are backlit.

Old 10-09-20, 04:20 PM
Hoovey689

If you look really close. The turn stalks and the wiper stalks are backlit.
Great feature vs fumbling around in the dark

Quick Reply: 2021 Venza and Sienna